“Beautiful Little Gem in the heart of Silom District”
Review of Lullaby Inn

Lullaby Inn
Ranked #242 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Fresno, CA
“Beautiful Little Gem in the heart of Silom District”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at the Lullaby Inn for 4 nts and couldn't have enjoyed myself more. This was my second trip to Bangkok. The first time I stayed at a big name, chain hotel- totally soulless. I only wish I would have known about Lullaby Inn on that trip. I will never stay anywhere else.
I arrived very late at night. Even though I gave the taxi driver a map to the hotel, he managed to get lost so the trip took longer than necessary. I can't understand why this keeps happening as the hotel is right off Silom Rd on Decho Rd between the Narai Hotel and The Pullman Hotel. It probably would have been better to prearrange a taxi through the hotel.First, let me say that the hotel is very well-maintained and spotlessly clean. I booked a room with no windows which was large and well-equipped with a mini-fridge and a coffee/tea making facility. The hotel also supplies 2 bottles of water daily. The shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Nice toiletries. No hair dryer in the room but you only have to ask for one from reception.My room had very efficient a/c which was greatly appreciated and I heard zero street noise. However, if you plan to spend any daytime hours back in the hotel, then I would suggest booking a room with at least a window. I spent all my time out during the day but without a window, I did have trouble waking in the morning.(However, if your goal is to sleep in, then this is the room for you!) The TV had a few English-speaking channels ( one very good movie channel) but you don't come to Bangkok to watch TV! The breakfast was a wonderful surprise as I was expecting standard Continental style.You can have eggs,(fried or scrambled) sausage or bacon (American style), toast, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit and THE best fresh brewed coffee I have ever had at a hotel! It is Thai coffee beans freshly ground with each pot. Loved it so much, I had to bring some home!
The location of the hotel was perfect as my favorite thing to do is ride the water taxis up and down the Chao Phraya river all day hopping off and now as I please. The river is about a 15 min. walk from the hotel ( or 2 stops on the BTS) and you can buy an all day pass for less than $5 USD. The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the Chong Nonsi BTS station and the Patpong Night Market where you can haggle over knock-off watches, handbags, etc.
My return flight was not until the evening and I discovered that the hotel offers a 1/2 day rate which was wonderful as you can spend the day doing all your last minute shopping and still come back to the room to shower and prepare for the journey home. The hotel also has a taxi on standby whose rate is just as good as any off the street. In fact, I left my travel pillow in the taxi and it was returned to the hotel! My wonderful friend Nin then emailed me that she had the pillow and what would I like her to do with it. I was just completely blown away by this.
So in conclusion, I want to say a special thank you to my friends Nin, Lek and Peaches who took such good care of me and made my trip to Bangkok especially memorable. I will definitely return soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne_Sharman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights recently on the recommendation of Trip Advisor reviews. Very pleased! The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable, the A/C excellent and the staff were helpful. The location was good too, lots of good hidden gem restaurants and cafés. It's not far to walk to the BTS station or the river to catch a ferry. We would recommend to travelers wanting some decent accommodation at a reasonable price!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited Bangkok towards the end of our Thai trip. We were tired and yet wanted to go around (like to Pattaya for Skydiving). The warmth of the sweet lady (argh forgot your name) just made us feel at home. The hotel is located close to the night market and is clean and well-managed. We stayed in Superior balcony with a road facing view. We did not eat there so can't comment on food.
Would stay here if we visit Bangkok

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

GENERAL

The Lullaby was okay, but a better lodge for the same price was available nearby. This inn has a range of rooms with very wide price spreads. The cheapest rooms are windowless caves, which we accepted when we booked. But our room had a slightly musty smell, as if it could not be ventilated properly. The hotel operators have an obsession with rules — they’re posted everywhere as if admonishing schoolboys to behave in the dorm. The staff were fine, however, and offered no disapproving looks.

Convenient Location : PASS
Check-in / Check-out : PASS
Entrance / Perimeter security : PASS
Staff helpfulness : PASS
Included breakfast: Available at extra cost, but did not partake

ROOM

Room door security : PASS
Room window security : No windows!
WiFi : PASS

Cold water : PASS
Hot water : PASS
Drainage : PASS
Soap, shampoo etc. : PASS

CONCLUSION

Sleep quality : PASS
Value for money : PASS (base rooms good price for Silom area)
Would we use this lodge again? NO (only because we like another one nearby)

Room Tip: Choose a 'cave room' to save money. The others are considerably more expensive.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank latetothestation
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 3 nights when first arriving in Bangkok. The hotel was very clean and the staff were lovely, quite quiet though. The manageress Lek couldn't have done more to help us. It was my 21st birthday whilst staying here and she arranged for a surprise chocolate ice cream cake to be delivered at one of the bars down the road which we were drinking at. She made they evening really special for me. It is excellent value for money and has a good location. The hotel is rather basic but perfectly adequate!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights on first arriving in thailand and booked again for the night before we flew home. Nice and clean, good wifi, good location and friendly staff. We chose a room without a window to avoid any noise, good sleep.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The staff at the Lullaby Inn was super helpful and friendly. They spent a lot of time talking to us and helped us figure out where to go and how to get there. The hotel isn't the 4 seasons but it is clean, with wifi, a comfy bed, and hot water (this may sound obvious, but other places we stayed did NOT have hot water). I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends