“A comfortable stay”

Lullaby Inn
Ranked #234 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“A comfortable stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

PROS:
- Clean, comfortable & quiet
- Friendly staff
- Well functioning air con, fridge & shower

CONS:
- Location

OVERVIEW:
The staff at the Lullaby Inn were always very friendly and also very useful when answering any questions we had. We were given a balcony room - although it is not much of a balcony - but it is worth noting that some rooms don't have any windows at this hotel (not sure whether this is a problem for you or not). The room is clean, comfortable and spacious enough for two people. The air con, fridge, shower, etc all worked very well and the two bottles of complementary water were very welcome after a stuffy day in Bangkok. The only real downside to the hotel is the location. It is about 25 minutes walk to the river boats at Sathon Pier (although taxis and tuk tuks are always available). Once at the river boats, they are cheap and work fairly efficiently - this is the best way we found of getting around Bangkok if you are on a budget.

TRANSFER:
The taxi from the airport to the Lullaby Inn takes about 30 minutes and costs 400THB. The website has a useful printable map; which you can give to the taxi drive to aid navigation.

LOCAL AREA RECOMMENDATIONS:
There is not a great deal in the local area, although if you are hungry you may want to keep reading... If wander right out of the hotel and right again (so you are walking along Silom Road), you will come across a busy side street (Silom 20) which has a few market stalls and cafes. If you want cheap and tasty thai food, I recommend popping into Madam Suzy's for a bite to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mr_J_Regnil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and helped us with accessing the computer as well as places to visit in Bangkok. The room was tidy and clean, with an adequate shower, however overall the room was quite small. The location was quiet, and a fair drive away from the main part of Bangkok where tourists and travellers look to visit. I'm not sure it's the best hotel in terms of value, but certainly friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 24 July 2014

"Ahhh Bangkok… the city I grew to love, though it took me a while. Good thing I loved Lullaby Inn immediately. They were a big part of what made my stay in Bangkok so amazing and memorable! After 36 hours of very little sleep, a 24 hour plane ride and a good dose of culture shock thrown in the mix, all I needed was a quiet place with friendly people who were there to lend an ear and debrief me about the best way to tackle a busy, overwhelming city. And I found it- for about $45 USD per night... "

To read the full review and see photos go to:

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was solemnly greeted by the owner when I politely said I had a reservation at her hotel, but when she thought another lady behind me was with me her attitude improved until I informed her that we were not together. She asked me for my passport which I gave her but then she wanted to see my immigration arrival card. I had been in Thailand for a week and had already stayed at 2 hotels of which neither asked for my arrival card.  She insisted on me finding it even though i had explained that it was checked and collected at the airport. Eventually she decided to let me have a room but no information was given to me besides the breakfast hours being between 8am-10am. When I asked her about wifi she sighed and said the information can be found in the room.
 I was escorted to the lift by a smiling assistant who didn’t come into the lift. I over heard the lady behind me say she would like to change her booking and check in to a smaller room and before I could open the door to my room she was escorted by the same smiling assistant to the room opposite mine. The room was not clean the towels were old and stained, the chair in room was filthy as was the dirty soap dispenser. The room was badly in need of maintenance as can be seen in photos. I noticed that she proudly brandishes the TripAdvisor recommendation certificate around the hotel… This hotel has got good reviews thats why I went with them, but I’m starting to wonder if she wrote the good reviews herself. I’m glad I only booked one day here, I booked myself into another hotel and enjoyed the rest of my holiday

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank symjarrett
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We had booked a double room. Rooms are average size. Very quiet and comfortable. 10 min walk to Skytrain.The staff was helpful. You can find money exchange shop Superich nearby offering good exchange rates.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lullaby Inn was a pleasant stay for a very reasonable price. It was clean, comfortable with good air conditioning & warm family owned customer service. It was great walking distance to the sky train & a locals morning market with lots of fun street food in the Silom area. Would stay here again if I was looking for a good budget hotel, it definitely is everything you could ask for & more for the price. Their suggested massage at the Orchid Spa was less than satisfactory, so I couldn't suggest that. It's a basic foot massage place with one very public room of lounge chairs you get massaged on & where they didn't change the linens on the chairs from person to person which I thought seemed unsanitary. But the hotel was good!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittanny T
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I loved this place. Everything was easy right from the start. The staff cound'nt be more helpful and friendly. They looked after my luggage, hailed cheap taxi's and gave me lots of awesome advice on places to go. The rooms were immaculate, clean and tidy. Highly reccommend the Lullaby Inn!
Trevor Page