“Perfect combination of inner city hotel that feels like a resort getaway.”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #21 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect combination of inner city hotel that feels like a resort getaway.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

The location is excellent and despite being an inner city hotel it feels more like a resort. Quality hotel.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed 1 night for weekend break.

Siam Kempinski has the best location in Bangkok, just behind Siam Paragon Mall with little walk to BTS skytrain. The lobby is beautiful, and staffs are friendly, giving us an upgrade, so we got deluxe room in the residence zone (Royal Wing) with high floor overlooking the pool and Bangkok skycrapers.

Room is nice with free minibar and lavazza coffee. Interner is free. TV is HD with many channels which are +++ for entertainment.

On the down side, the lighting system is complicated to control which area you want to turn on/off. The bathroom is also nice, but water temperature is not consistance. Bath Tub is broken, so we cannot drain the water out.

Overall, the hotel is luxury, but still has some rooms to improve.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Imho, this Kempinski is overrated.
Location: Central, excellent if you are into shopping and convenient city transport. just a zebra crossing to Siam Parragon Mall (with department store, high end stores, banks (for forex), food court, mid-range restaurants & supermarket. But you have to walk thru the mall to get to Siam BTS station.

Overall the hotel is new, brightly decorated, staff are very polite and friendly but service standard has yet to improve.

Check-in: our arrival was early before 11am, so room was not ready. we kept being told the hotel is full.

Room: We didn't book the lowest level room in the high-rise (10thfl.) Royal wing, we booked the Premier room which are all located in the Garden Wing which is a conclave structure. our room was at the far end of 3rd Fl, through the dimly decorated corridor, we felt like being escorted to prison. I complained, but I was offered a smoking room (NO), a handicapped room (NO) and paid to be upgrade to Executive Floor (we declined). My hubby was very frustrated. Later we were offered another room on 4th floor but worry facing the swimming pool, it would be more noisy as some posters reviewed. We ended up accept the room.

The design of the room is very inefficient, given the room long, the closet door crashes onto the room main door. As some posters reviewed, the shower hardware is so tight , it took us a while to figure out how to turn the rainshower on.

Minibar supposed is free and replenish daily, but the coke wasn't replenished until I complained, same as for the teabag at turndown, they took away the used towels, but didn't replenish them. under-par.

Turndown service was lousy and inconsistent per staff, a glass and a bottle of water should be placed at the bedside table and slipper mat by bedside, NO. The turndown is just removal of the extra cushions on the bed... should improve

Amenities: I noticed there were no slippers in the room, called housekeeping who kept repeating they are white in the closet, until I told them either I m blind, I would like them to come to find them out for me. Then they sent two slippers. What kind of defensive service is that with a Kempinski, never experience this in Europe.
the toiletries are standard Kempinski, not good.

Bell ~ we waited for 30mins for our bags, but the Bell even called up to ask do you need your bags?? I told Bell, if not, I don't need to fly with them, why don't you keep my bags for me until I check-out??? 900am of our check-out day, either it was a mistake or ?? Bell came said we are checking out, how many bags we need to send down or keep? we told them we had a late check-out at 3pm, he kept asking how many bags!! I was speechless

Restaurant ~~ Buffet breakfast was great, you can orde a la carte main, e.g. egg benedict, waffle, ommlette unlimited. But the egg benedict was terrible, I don't understand why they have to burn the Hollandaise sauce.. Unlimited flowof champange. good variety. Staff are efficient and polite, esp. a server Khun Ahkaradet.. very professional. if you go look for him, tell him he is rated high on TA. haha

Contemporary Thai, Sra Bua, I do not know how to appreciate the cuisine.

Pool ~~ The pool area is well-manned. Guests are served with cold bottle of water and fruits. Excellent staff. But the physical setting of the pool is pretty odd, the pool is segmented is far from what other described as Oasis. In fact, it is a limited pool.
Cabana room direct access to the pool, but privacy is also an issue, other swimmers can swim right by your patio if they do not have the ettiquette of observing privacy.

Check-out was swift. Staff are friendly,

Internet wifi and wired is free (but watch, there is a highspeed option with a fee).
The free internet service speed is ok. just sometimes at the Breakfast restaurant is not very stable.
Departure - we took a taxi to the airport. Warning- Bell loaded our bags into the trunk, but failed to ask us to double check they are our bags, Fortunately , there was no mistake, we realized we didn't see our bags before we boarded the taxi. The taxi driver was SUPER dishonest, please watch out. It is a green/white taxi. he put his baseball cap on the meter. I asked him to put meter on, he then said traffic bad on highway, I insisted on going highway, then he said one hour and 750 baht. I told him go meter plus toll. when we entered the airport area he turned the meter off, fortunately , my husband spotted that and told him meter on. He turned it back on. the meter was only 220 baht (on a Sat. 4pm) + toll. If I didn't read from other sites about how to watch BKK cab driver, we would have been ripped off. So don't trust the taxi from hotel, tell the bell to remind the cab driver to put meter on. I had a feeling they are collaborated.

There are more areas this Kempinski needs to improve. Kind of disappointing,
I would return to Manadrin Oriental next trip.

Room Tip: don't want long walk, stay on Royal wing
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank yrtx4e
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Too many good things have been said about this hotel, but they are true I just want to testify. The especially good things I 'd experienced were early check-in and late check-out, room upgrade and very nice servicde overall. the only bad thing perhaps is that they tried ot give us a very dim, no-view room on the mezzanie floor. We thought of settling with it but it was so no good so we did ask. Change of room was available at that instance, and we were given a high floor room with balcony overlooking the entire courtyard. Not sure of what's the point of keeping the better room and giving out the not so good ones to guests. But it seems that they have this policy here, so do ask for a better room if you are not happy with the one given.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jerchung
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

It is a best hotel for us in Bangkok!

All the staff had well-trained and provide genuine care for the guests. They always smile and pro-active to offer assist.

Each hotel must had some defect in hardware such as:
-Not-Practical - The water tab (face water basin) is too high and too big, it was block me to clean my face.
-Room size is not smaller than other 5 star hotel in Bangkok such as Peninsula
-Quality and Quantity of food in buffet breakfast - just Fair. You can see the "Egg Benedict" presentation is not attractive. The pastry is not fresh enough, some danish pastries is too hard. My opinions - I like the buffet breakfast in Peninsula.

However their mattress and bed linen are so comfortable

And their software (service) can cover those hardware defects.....

I couldn't highlight any outstanding performance staff, as all of them are so professional and so sincere. It is not fair if I just highlight one or two staff.

My travel habits - I like to stay in different hotel, but I will stay at Siam Kempinski hotel again in Bangkok. As I like their staff and miss their service so much

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Date of Stay: June 17-19,2011

Room Type: Premier Room
Upgrade: Cabana Room

Loyalty Card: Gold Level GHA Discovery

Airport/Hotel Transfer: When traveling into Bangkok, I usually just get a round-trip transfer at the airport. For a little less than what you would be paying the hotel for an entry-level Mercedes Benz, you can get a BMW 7 series to take you to your hotel, you can also arrange for a pick up on your departure day and get a discount.

Location: Location wise its great, being just at the back of Siam Paragon you can easily get a cab any time of the day. I haven’t tried taking a cab back to the hotel so I am not sure if drivers are familiar with this new hotel. The BTS station is a bit of a walk since you have to go through the mall to get to the train plus the Siam station seems always full.

Check in: There were a lot of people by the check in counter but a staff approached me and offered to check me in through the executive counter. Check-in over all was easy and fast, I was escorted to my room by the staff and was properly introduced to the in-room facilities.

Room: The room opens to a private section of the pool for Cabana rooms and Duplex Suites. The size of the room is not that big, pretty standard but it was okay for a solo traveller. Everything is pretty standard but was done very well. I like the fact that they have Lavazza coffee machines built into the cabinet for morning coffee by the pool. The bed is very comfortable and will provide you with good rest after a long day of exploring the city. The only thing I really don’t like is the fact that lights do not have individual controls it’s all connected to one master switch, so it’s either bright or pitch black.

Pool: I was a bit bothered on Sunday when the cleaning staff cleaned the pool at around 8-9am, being a morning person I would want to go for a morning dip by the pool as early as 8 but was quite disappointed when I opened the curtains to 4-5 people scooping leaves and scrubbing the pool floor. I wish they could do it earlier maybe 6-7am so early risers could get a chance to use the pool when they wake up.

Bathroom: I notice that the designers have a thing for mirrors or shiny surfaces. You can actually see yourself from every side, in fact if you keep the door of the toilet cubicle open, you could actually see yourself take a dump…it’s not really bad but just an observation. The shower stall is very big and roomy with an adjustable rain-shower head, my only gripe is the toiletries which are standard Kempinski toiletries instead of premium branded ones.

Club Lounge: I went up to the Club lounge on my first day for cocktails and was quite disappointed with the choices of the spread. Drinks were limited to Red and White wine. The cocktail spread was also limited to a few hors d'oeuvres and some fruits. The service of the staff has been impeccable though.

Breakfast: I decided to have breakfast on the ground floor at Sra Bua, although the spread isn’t every extensive it was adequate. Eggs are ordered a la carte you can also order pancakes and waffles with sausages or bacon.

Check-out: Was very quick, I just had to return my keys and give my card…I was out of the door in no time.

Overall: If staying at the Kempinski, I suggest get a Cabana room, you wouldn’t want another room after staying here. The convenience of jumping into the pool when you wake up in the morning beats other rooms at the hotel (with the exception of the Duplex Suite). Like the title of this review a stay at this hotel carries a huge price tag, stay if you want to splurge but with all those hotels around Bangkok opening I think I will be trying out a different one in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Keslergo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights. Amazing property in the heart of Bangkok. Luxurious property with amazing service. There is a shopping mall across the street with plenty of dinner options if you get tired of the hotel restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business