Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
US$374
US$295
Agoda.com
2,439 results
All reviewssra buakids clubcabana roomparagon mallbrasserie europadirect access to the poolbuggy servicegarden wingcomplimentary mini barcentral worldresort feelduplex suitethe executive loungepremier roomluxury hotelbeautiful hotelthai restaurant
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Service is better then any 5 star hotel that i have statyed at. Location wise, can not get better then Paragon and a short walk to MBK. Staff are great from pick up from the airport to check in and room service. Highly recommended!!!!

Room Tip: Eat at paragon and skip the hotel stuff.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed for 3 nights , the stay was good , excellent hospitality , great staff . Breakfast excellent. We were given Tea at 4 it was wonderful. The staff made our stay a very comfortable. Great location and value for money.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel-daks
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed there early this year during my first ever visit to Bangkok and I must say that I was glad to have chosen the Siam Kempinski. As a first time visitor, I was worried I'd get lost and be unable to locate the major landmarks, but due to the location of the Siam Kempinski, I didn't have to worry.

Located just a stone's throw away from the Siam Paragon, the Siam Kempinski is a modern hotel in the middle of the main shopping district. I checked in late at night and upon arrival at the Front Desk, it didn't take more than a few minutes for the staff to have my room keys ready and the bellman send up my luggage. The lifts required keycard access, which made me feel assured of a certain level of privacy.

I stayed in a Deluxe Room and the size was just nice with a study table, sitting area and small balcony looking out onto the courtyard. The bathroom is well designed and came with the usual amenities. The complimentary mini-bar was most welcomed, as I was feeling rather parched from my journey. The bed is really comfortable and the room was nice and quiet, enabling me to get a good night's sleep.

The breakfast buffet was decent but not spectacular, but that wasn't important as the Siam Paragon is just a zebra crossing away. The housekeeping staff were very efficient, I went out for a few hours and by early afternoon, my room was neat and tidy again. Due to it's location, getting a cab was very easy throughout my stay and the concierge proved very knowledgable as well as helpful on places to visit.

Overall the hotel is worth staying in, if for no other reason than it's location is right in the heart of the city, close to the Siam Paragon, Central World, Siam Discovery and not far from MBK. Thankfully that is not the only reason, the modern rooms and friendly staff made my stay rather pleasant and helped me enjoy my short getaway even more.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have just returned from our 3 night stay at Siam Kempinski which
boasts of an excellent position just behind Paragon ( across a narrow
and unhustled street); it can also be accessed by free hotel buggy.
In view of this, vehicular traffic is rather flowing, obviating the need
to go along the congested front Siam Centre area.
The hotel interior is imposing, room of reasonable size becoming of
a 5-star hotel. Interior decor and furnishings satisfactory. Service
outstanding..The Thai Restaurant, which actually is universal fusioned,
is of surprisingly good standard, for lunch menu I mean. Breakfast,
as a rule,was unattractive as expected.
The main defect was in the ill-ventilated toilet cubicle inside the bathroom;
emitting a lingered unpleasant smell after use.which can only be fastly
eliminated by opening both the toilet and bathroom doors to allow the
air-conditioning exhaust on hall ceiling to do the work. Hope this will
be remedied very soon. Bedroom lighting system is another inexplicable
trash design in most new hotels with ceiling downlights directly shooting
at the guests lying on bed below and these irritating installation can only be
removed by turning off the Master switch! Otherwise I'll award a top rating.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank theodoric
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is the first time my family and I ( 4 of us) stayed here. The hotel is well located. Siam Paragon is just a few steps away. There other malls that are conveniently accessible from the hotel ( walk or by the hotel shuttle). Siam ( sky train station) is nearby too.

The staff strive their best to be. Amenities are fine.
The GM writing to welcome us by sending you simple notes and cards is good.

Somethings that went wrong during my stay:
1) the safe in my suite did not work. My valuables were locked in and i had to call for help. Help was prompt , however, after the "repair" work, it was locked again. I did not bother calling again.

2) i have specifically asked for smoke free rooms as my children are asthmatic. The suite i stayed was according to the hotel, a smoke-free floor. But on the second night of my stay, there was strong stench of tobacco smoke.
i am not sure if this came from someone ( housekeeping/technicians etc) smoking in the room ( when we we were out and about) or it came from some irresponsible guest smoking next door. My daughter was effected by the smell as she was not able to sleep.

I do hope the management looks into the above. And I do hope they enforce strict non-smoking rules at the designated floors.

Other the above, i would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be centrally located in Bangkok!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family