“Fantastic stay at this world class hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #21 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay at this world class hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel during new years 2014 for three nights. Personally the location was very convenient for me and close to Paragon shopping mall, Central World, MBK, Discovery, Siam Centre etc - love it! The hotel itself is beautiful and luxurious. The rooms are very comfortable, beautiful, spacious and the complimentary internet access was average. The staff are polite and very helpful. Overall, a highly recommended hotel in Bangkok! I will definitely be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kanya T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My son and I spent 2 nights at the Siam Kempinski from January 3-5, 2014i. I’ve stayed there many times in the past, and was a platinum member, which entitles the holder to one free upgrade if available. Upon check-in, I discovered that my platinum membership expired as of 31 December 2013, just 3 days prior to our stay at the hotel. I was informed that I was now “only” a gold member and that I was not entitled to an upgrade though they did give us the Business Internet connection (which works extremely poorly, worse than most hotels who offer free Internet). I didn’t say anything to the desk staff (Ms. Nucharee S.), but did mention this incident to the front office manager, Jitlada Kulvanish, who I knew from my previous stays. Her reply was that I could purchase an upgrade if I wanted it. When I told my son about this, he was quite surprised. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Bangkok a few nights before and were greeted in such a friendly but professional manner (I recall when we checked out that the room supervisor walked us out of the hotel to our waiting car… maybe she was just happy to get rid of us! Haha!) and were given several upgrades without asking or having any platinum or other type of card! I must say that the hotel room is quite nice and the bathroom is fantastic. The staff members in general are professional though I recognized a clear difference from when I was last there over 1 year ago. My son hates the pool at the Kempinski but I find it nicely designed. The restaurants are fine, particularly the Thai restaurant. The location is great with respect to shopping (Siam Paragon is just a short walk across the street and Central World is about a 15 minute walk) and many other attractions. From the hotel, there is easy access to the sky train (just walk through Siam Paragon). Personally, I will not return to the Siam Kempinski hotel, but I do feel it is still one of the better hotels in Bangkok (but there are many great hotels in Bangkok).

Room Tip: The Cabana room is nice in that you have direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lshapspro
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is without a doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

The hotel itself is stunning and immaculately presented from the beautiful flower arrangements in the lobby to the room service menus. Everything has an element of luxury which goes over and beyond expectations.

The staff are fantastic, there is nothing they won't do for you and they are always more than happy to help. They arranged our hire car to be collected from the hotel with no hassle, had postage of parcels organised through the concierge and best of all they arranged for a beautiful complementary bouquet of flowers to be delivered to our room after our engagement.

We opted for an executive room which was worth every penny. The room was stunning and the afternoon tea and evening cocktails were a real treat.

We also dined in the Sra Bua By Kiin Kiin restaurant which has justifiably been recognized as one of Thailand's best restaurants. It was a wonderful experience.

I could go on for pages about how great our stay here was. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go for an executive room, it's worth the money.
1 Thank LeahBarr
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Second time I have stayed here. Location isn't the greatest in term of walking around to see street shops. But is next door to paragon shopping complex. Rooms are great as is the service. The hotel is for sure worth it's 5 star rating.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nickgala
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The best in luxury travel. The hotel is very comfortable and located right in the middle of town. It's walkable to all the biggest and best shopping malls. Great food all around. The hotel rooms are extremely comfortable and breakfast is impeccable. Service is attentive and helpful. I stayed at his hotel for more than 20 times already.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelerkit
york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Not much to add other than what other people have said. We did have one problem in that the room had an adjoining door. The sound insulation was poor between the bedrooms due to the door. In fact we could see a light beneath the door. This meant that the privacy of both rooms was affected. The problem was sorted out but not quickly enough. The solution was to give us another room near our original room to sleep in. We kept our belongings in the original room and 'lived in that room' as it had a balcony and then moved rooms to sleep. This was our choice as we had a months worth of luggage with us and did not want to repack, we could have moved everything into the new room if we had wanted. Would recommend the hotel and we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door
2 Thank elainetyork
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Putting aside the outstanding location at the heart of Bangkok's retail strip, this hotel offers a true 5 star experience. From the moment you enter the soaring golden foyer through to being shown to the superb rooms, it is clear that you've arrived somewhere very special. The staff are attentive and the the attention to detail throughout is first rate. However, special mention must be given to the Thai restaurant Sra Bua. I had two of the most exceptional meals I have ever had not just in Thailand but anywhere in the world - try both the 12 course tasting menu and the a la carte offering - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: It's a big hotel, so if you don't want to walk a long way to your room ask to be close to re...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo