“Siam Kempinski Hotel”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #26 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is very beautiful, elegant and had a very comfortable stay. Kempinski has a very central location with a walking bridge directly to Siam Paragon and easy access to BTS Siam. As one gazes up from one of the loungers under the perfect shade under the broad leafed palms, just 50cm from the 3 large separated pools, one could forget completely he is in the sweltering, bustling metropolis of Bangkok

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms above the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

As one gazes up from one of the loungers under the perfect shade under the broad leafed palms, just 50cm from the 3 large separated pools, one could forget completely he is in the sweltering, bustling metropolis of Bangkok...smack dab in the middle of it! Forget the fact, as everyone well states, that the hotel is literally on the doorstep of bangkok's top shopping mall, Siam Paragon, which is connected to the BTS, and an unbelievably quiet location, tucked away in a "soi" but completely connected to everything and everywhere you want to be.
I start with the room which was a deluxe suite (1459) which at 130m2 is one of the largest hotels rooms I've ever had the pleasure to stay in and probably one of the nicest in the hotel. I was expecting something nice, but definitely not this big and for this price: one large bedroom with large ensuite bathroom, large walk in closet, separate living room, dining room with table for 8, and office area and a guest WC. Living room had a Bose sounds system. Mini bar was essentially free except for hard liquor, which was a nice touch (I don't think I've ever seen a free mini bar except in Maldives where I was paying USD2000.00 a night). From the living room and dining room was a large walk out balcony over looking the very pretty gardens below and a nice view of some of downtown Bangkok. The suite gave us use of the executive lounge which was tasteful and available, for relaxing, a drink in the early evening and breakfast. Contrary to some executive lounges where breakfast pickings are so slim you end up going to the normal breakfast, the lounge had everything you could want and then some. All beautifully laid out and the baked goods of excellent quality. Compact but not missing anything...the Thai version of eggs Benedict was very tasty and the morning pad Thai (apparently Thais eat pad Thai for any meal) was nice and light. The girls were always available and Sebring and I saw the chef come out on a couple of occasions to ensure that everything was replenished and perfect to (her) liking.
Service overall in the hotel was lovely...just the right mix of attentive, but not OTT, nor wanting. In fact with housekeeping, it almost seemed as they instinctively knew when we were there and not there! Never saw them anywhere, but everything was always perfect. How did they do that?
I had a difficult time making up my mind as there are SO many good hotels in Bangkok, and my reference was the Mandarin, the original "genteel" type of golden splendor (like copacabana palace in rio), which I loved but personally found a tiny bit stifling. And I detest the über fakery (and tiny rooms) of the nouveau riche, flakey W-type of hotel that everyone wants (or seems to want) to be these days. I found the Kempinski nicely nestled between the two: a showcase of the "new" modern Bangkok and Asia, without being hokey and pretentious (not to mention a rip off). I think it is a nice balance, whether you are here for business or just for a little vacation.
I realize that as we get more and more picky about the tiny details ( seriously, people complaining about air-conditioning? Get a grip...then then turn it down!), we also tend to overlook the general overall quality of the entire package...maybe I was completely blown away by my residence...ahem, I mean my room...but isn't that what we are paying for first and foremost?
Book a suite at the kempinski. You'll be glad you did. And no, this is not paid advertising. I just thought that I got "more" then what I paid for. Who can argue with that?

4  Thank IzzyStevens
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Hello Siam Kempinski Hotel !! I am your guest left from you on March04,2017 both of us stayed in the room 037. Let me tell you that the hotel so beautiful, elegant and our room very comfortable stayed and I think that your hotel will be loved of everyone if they have chance to stay !!

What makes your hotel has a meaning for me more than the beautiful hotel is your staffs. Everyone so awesome and they made my stayed smoothest as silk.
May I let you know one of your staffs named "Pongsak" He is the best for us and let’s goes to get the services experience from him. He was excellence services for us as well as he had be of my trip adviser about the tips in Bangkok and he shown me his intelligence to designed all my requested into the simply way and organized into the groups that we did not waste time to spread in many places in the limited times.

Cannot wait to stay at Siam Kempinski Hotel again.

Regards,
Brixhuus

Room Tip: Please try to stay with the room that you can walk to the pool directly.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Kempinski has a very central location with a walking bridge directly to Siam Paragon and easy access to BTS Siam. You can find eateries and massage joints close by, and the pool& garden area is relaxing, with palms, frangipanis, birds...and three pools. Staff was attentive and prompt, breakfast was good. The breakfast space may be a hassle during high occupancy, because of how it's laid out. Overall anyway a very good experience, and we slept tight. Balcony was very nice to have.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our first hotel stay in a property run by Kempinski Group. As many of the reviews have stated, it is in a great location for Central Bangkok being situated next to the Siam Paragon shopping Centre and close to other shopping destinations such as MBK and Siam Square. The hotel does exude quality with a nice big lobby and some luxury furnishing and fittings. Throughout our stay we were impressed with the staff who showed great attentiveness and were prompt in there dealings. So why did we not give the hotel an excellent rating? For a 5 star hotel to be excellent you require service, food and experience to be fantastic and I do not believe it was. Niggly problems with room keys, lighting in the room (it's either all on, or all off), food quality, the restroom smells while walking down the hotel corridors, two apples in a fruit bowl promising exotic Asian fruits, aircon which is either cold or very cold, etc., were just enough to take the edge off the top rating. In saying this we would definitely stay in this hotel again for the location alone. And hopefully when we do, they would have sorted some of these issues and we can declare it as excellent.

1  Thank paffytripper
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Recently I stayed here for three nights, the Royal wing is superb, rooms are well maintained, staff very helpful and the golf cart move around is great. My agents missed on the airport drop however the hotel was nice to provide the drop. It's a hotel recommended with all positives to it and I would soon be back here.

1  Thank Pawanrajdr
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel scores 10 out of 10 in every aspect. This is more than a 5 star hotel.
Great location, attentive staff and top quality accommodation. The concierge are highly knowledgeable with giving you tips and advice in having a truly local experience, whether it's with shopping, restaurant and transport around Bangkok.
The hotel staff acknowledged my birthday by putting a lovely amazing cake in my room on my birthday date - not many hotels do this. As a GHA Platinum member, I received a nice room upgrade. I will be returning back to this hotel in my future trips to Bangkok, and will be highly recommending this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family