“The hotel lobby was so breathtaking - would definitely return!”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #22 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“The hotel lobby was so breathtaking - would definitely return!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel lobby was so breathtaking that I ended up just lingering around on the comfy chairs.
Room has this soft glow, the mood set was excellent and one of the best I've been to.
The only thing was the distance from the Skytrain station, it was quite a walk so I ended up taking cabs most of the time.

Would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 40litres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Service was spot on. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a decent view of the gardens and pool area. The room was lovely. The buffet breakfast was superb. We had club lounge access which we used every afternoon. The afternoon tea service was brilliant - was perfect to end our shopping tours with and wind down before hitting the pool. The location is spot on - connected to Siam Paragon/Siam station. How much more central can u be? An absolute oasis of calm, comfort and class in a chaotic part of the city. We had some minor issues with the servicing of our rooms being quite delayed. The manager was quick to acknowledge our issue and promptly arranged a fix and also was very thoughtful in compensating us with late checkout until 4pm which was perfect given our flight was at 8pm. The transfer service was brilliant - a Mercedes van stocked with the lot! Overall, highly recommended - would struggle to choose to stay anywhere else in BKK! Well done to all the staff and management at this top establishment!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AzzSydney
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in Kempinski Siam Paragon after we arrived in Bangkok.
The welcome and check in was very easy and well organized.

The breakfast buffet is really big and everyone will find something to eat and drink, as there are meals as well western style as asian style.
Everything was very clean and everybody helped if you need support.

Only 2 remarks: The name on the welcome letter in the room was written wrong. This shouldn't happen, but may be.
The second point was very strange. We put a pakage of cake in the fridge - a present for friends. On the next morning the cover box of the cakes was opened. As we had no time to ask at the front desk how this may happen, we had to hand over the "opened box".

All together it was a really nice time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

When I arrived and lady in red show me the room I said I need better one she immediately reacted and changed it im in 12th floor view nice looking at swimming pool rhe room is nice have all the needs midern type u have 3xpressob machine and other the reception ok it looks nice and comfortable concierge in horel v efficient and helpful I asked some questoons immediately they manage to get the answers and even they send the requirements to room in dead I love the location it's just 20 m and u r in siam paragon mall .. in total its is a v good hotel with v good trained staff and nice amenities

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the Siam Kempinski for my better half's birthday and really enjoyed the hospitality. We had an excellent stay and really appreciated the beautiful facilities. The location is excellent next door to the large shopping malls and close to many tourist and business destinations. The staff service was outstanding with strong attention to details, including a nice birthday cake. The room was very comfortable and well equipped (including free minibar), overlooking the pool. The gym is also nice. We had dinner at the Sra Bua restaurant and were very impressed by the food, atmosphere and service. The 'big' tasting menu was really a culinary experience with very refined choices and elegant combinations. There are many great hotels in Bangkok but our stay at the Kempinski was excellent, even when comparing with the competition.

• Stayed April 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is very beautiful, elegant and had a very comfortable stay. Kempinski has a very central location with a walking bridge directly to Siam Paragon and easy access to BTS Siam. As one gazes up from one of the loungers under the perfect shade under the broad leafed palms, just 50cm from the 3 large separated pools, one could forget completely he is in the sweltering, bustling metropolis of Bangkok

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms above the restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Geneva
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

As one gazes up from one of the loungers under the perfect shade under the broad leafed palms, just 50cm from the 3 large separated pools, one could forget completely he is in the sweltering, bustling metropolis of Bangkok...smack dab in the middle of it! Forget the fact, as everyone well states, that the hotel is literally on the doorstep of bangkok's top shopping mall, Siam Paragon, which is connected to the BTS, and an unbelievably quiet location, tucked away in a "soi" but completely connected to everything and everywhere you want to be.
I start with the room which was a deluxe suite (1459) which at 130m2 is one of the largest hotels rooms I've ever had the pleasure to stay in and probably one of the nicest in the hotel. I was expecting something nice, but definitely not this big and for this price: one large bedroom with large ensuite bathroom, large walk in closet, separate living room, dining room with table for 8, and office area and a guest WC. Living room had a Bose sounds system. Mini bar was essentially free except for hard liquor, which was a nice touch (I don't think I've ever seen a free mini bar except in Maldives where I was paying USD2000.00 a night). From the living room and dining room was a large walk out balcony over looking the very pretty gardens below and a nice view of some of downtown Bangkok. The suite gave us use of the executive lounge which was tasteful and available, for relaxing, a drink in the early evening and breakfast. Contrary to some executive lounges where breakfast pickings are so slim you end up going to the normal breakfast, the lounge had everything you could want and then some. All beautifully laid out and the baked goods of excellent quality. Compact but not missing anything...the Thai version of eggs Benedict was very tasty and the morning pad Thai (apparently Thais eat pad Thai for any meal) was nice and light. The girls were always available and Sebring and I saw the chef come out on a couple of occasions to ensure that everything was replenished and perfect to (her) liking.
Service overall in the hotel was lovely...just the right mix of attentive, but not OTT, nor wanting. In fact with housekeeping, it almost seemed as they instinctively knew when we were there and not there! Never saw them anywhere, but everything was always perfect. How did they do that?
I had a difficult time making up my mind as there are SO many good hotels in Bangkok, and my reference was the Mandarin, the original "genteel" type of golden splendor (like copacabana palace in rio), which I loved but personally found a tiny bit stifling. And I detest the über fakery (and tiny rooms) of the nouveau riche, flakey W-type of hotel that everyone wants (or seems to want) to be these days. I found the Kempinski nicely nestled between the two: a showcase of the "new" modern Bangkok and Asia, without being hokey and pretentious (not to mention a rip off). I think it is a nice balance, whether you are here for business or just for a little vacation.
I realize that as we get more and more picky about the tiny details ( seriously, people complaining about air-conditioning? Get a grip...then then turn it down!), we also tend to overlook the general overall quality of the entire package...maybe I was completely blown away by my residence...ahem, I mean my room...but isn't that what we are paying for first and foremost?
Book a suite at the kempinski. You'll be glad you did. And no, this is not paid advertising. I just thought that I got "more" then what I paid for. Who can argue with that?

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple