“Still Perfect”

Ranked #21 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Still Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Visited about a year and half ago and was looking forward to going back after such a great first impression. Returning felt like coming home. The staff is amazing as are all the facilities. It's just a prefect, seamless experience from the minute you step out of your cab until you walk out the door again. Tried the spa this time for a classic massage. Professional and deeply relaxing, the spa is as good as the rest of the hotel. This time we stayed in an Executive room with a balcony overlooking the gardens and the skyline. Access to the Executive Lounge was included where you are offered a more intimate dining experience for breakfast as well as afternoon tea and evening cocktails — all with generous amounts of food and drink as well as an amazing view over the city and a dedicated staff. This place is great value for the money when compared with what the same amount gets you in cities like New York or Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor so that you get a view of the skyline.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at the siam kempenski and it was brilliant. The rooms, passages, lobby all were spectacular. The hotel is centrally located. 15 mins to Indra, Big C & MBK market. 5 mins to the Siam sky train station. The breakfast was really nice. The pools awesome. The staff very warm and willing to help.

Room Tip: Cabana Room. as you can step into the pool any time. Or Deluxe residence if you budget conscious.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor F
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is so far one of the best hotel I've stayed.

Check-in: Best check-in experience I ever had. If the hotel management is reading this, please express my token of thanks to her again. The check-in service provided and ushering me to my room is very pleasant! Very professional.

Room: Excellent! Comes with Lavazza coffee machine and free replenishment of beverages in mini bar on daily basis! Same for fruits. Too bad I am too busy to take time to cut and eat the fruits. Maybe next time.

Breakfast: Best breakfast in the Asian wing

Location: Next to Siam Paragon. Hotel even provide buggy service to nearby places and it is so convenient! Glad to use it to bring me to our office at Siam Tower and also dropping me nearby to Erawan.

Dinner at hotel restaurant: I had one night dinner here and it was one of the top Asian 50 restaurant. Love the starter (baby lobster) so much!!! Good service and fine quality food.

Drinking at hotel bar: The lobby bar is closed so went to the same place as breakfast to get a drink. Quiet and easy to chat with friends. Suggest hotel to work on the mosquitoes issues there.

Checkout: I think the staff is probably new and a little panic especially when a senior manager (I guess) is there. :) Anyway, no issue with checkout and I bumped into the staff who handle my check-in. She greeted me in a polite and professional manner. Very friendly. Staff well trained!

I will definitely want to come back here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

A very small road leading to this excellent hotel, shared with many shopping centre carpark entrance.
If staying over weekend or holidays, be prepared to take public transport.
On arrival, took more than half an hour to drive 300m stretch. Weekend, almost no cab entering the hotel due to traffic...

Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Repanse71
Djibouti, Djibouti
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

International destination wedding hotel of another dimension,

Me and my wife recently celebrated our wedding in this oasis of a hotel. My wife being Thai we wanted to celebrate in Thailand and therefore was counting on my family flying in from Europe.

When doing a destination wedding in Thailand you have two choices. City or Resort! With this hotel however you get both. There are no beaches, but the hotels encircled inner gardens, apparently built with the Royal Lotus gardens as inspiration (the land where the hotel sits today) serves as a resort in itself. For me it was important that all those who took the time to fly in would find some relaxation and therefore, the hotels lush gardens and many pools came in handy.

Getting married in a five star hotel is never cheap and therefore you take your time before choosing. Comparing the Siam Kempinski to competitors such as the Four Seasons or the Mandarin Oriental, we wanted location and surrounding facilities to play as big of a role when choosing. The fact that the hotel is connected to the Siam Parragon shopping center, and therefore all the best shopping and restaurants in the city counted quite a lot. When you have some 40 or so people staying in the hotel all due to the fact that they are attending your wedding, you want to leave them with enough activities around, so that you are not forced to plan everything for all the days that your guests are there. Here the location was the major factor and we therefore chose away the two other hotels which could not compete on this ground.

Once we then had decided and confirmed to our very professional wedding planner Khun Plum, we started the planning process. Here I have to say that I felt so taken care of already from the very beginning that I even chose not to hire a wedding planner. Yes, we had 10 photographers and video guys, who together with the hotel wedding experts took care of the choreography on the night itself, but we didn’t need a planner to guide us during the planning phase.

As we wanted to do the Christian ceremony and the wedding in the same location (to save time with the Bangkok traffic) we aimed for the hotel gardens, next to their gazebo. The set up that the team prepared and the way it was decorated was like stolen from a movie! Lotus flowers and white roses, cello music and violin presented a setting for this moment in our lives that we could not even have imagined better. Really the florist in this hotel must be an angel, because the way he or she put this all together and even remaining within our budget was impressive.

The main event, the dinner and the rest of the ceremonies was as impeccable as the beginning. The buffet we had chosen had choice enough for both international and Thai guests and when we were greeted by the Executive Chef right after stepping off from the stage, we could see that the culinary team really takes wedding business seriously. The cake (I think it was 2.5 meters tall) was the highlight of the culinary offering and stood as a piece of art in the middle of the beautiful ballroom.

The hotels wedding planner and the banquet team had come up with many small details that really put another edge to this hotel. On all the Wine and Champagne bottles that was served during the night, they had placed designed labels with our wedding logo on them. They sent custom made guest amenities to all the rooms in our party, showcasing a beautiful chocolate elephant, using his trunk to paint our wedding logo on a chocolate canvass (here I think many suitcases now smell like chocolate, as everyone wrapped them and took them home).

I know this might be a bit strange review for TripAdvisor, but they only way we can really show the team the gratitude we feel because for what they made for us is by sharing it with you and thus hopefully convince more couples to choose this team as their hosts for the most important event of their lives.

Last but not least to the entire hotels management and Banquet and Events and Culinary teams, thank you so so much for the amazing wedding you gave us.

We will never forget....

N & A

PS: Ask for the Terrace Suite for yourself, it is amazing and serves as the perfect spot to do a intimate cocktail with for those flying in for you. (Easily 40 people)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon for several nights. We booked a garden suite, which was more than twice the size of our apartment in Geneva, and overlooks the swimming area. We were a bit worried that there would be lots of noise, but it turned out to be very quiet and relaxing.

I mentioned when booking that it was our honeymoon, and they had a nice plate of macarons and chocolate for us with "Happy Honeymoon" written on a piece of chocolate for us. We felt that this was very thoughtful of them, and I just really wanted to mention it. This will sound very strange, but the staff was incredibly friendly, to the point where I was originally a bit thrown off guard by their hospitality. Everyone smiles and greets you like you're the only guest in the hotel, it was a very different experience for us. The reception was also very helpful, not only with directions and recommendations on what to see, but also advice on how to be safe in Bangkok.

Because we booked a suite, we also had access to the executive lounge for breakfast, tea, and afternoon cocktails. We enjoyed it a lot, and twice had our breakfast outside, overlooking the city. It was an amazing experience. Also, the food and drinks were absolutely fabulous!

Also, my wife went for a spa treatment and said that it was beyond her expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoreoSpeedwagon
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at Siam Kempinski Hotel for one night. This 5 star hotel that lived up to my expectations. Great service, great food, comfortable beds, modern rooms and good location. I really have no complaints about my stay at the Siam Kempinski.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends