“Good location with excellent service staff”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #26 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Located just behind Siam Paragon, Siam Kempinski is a stomne throw away from MBK and Siam Square. The hotel design is grand and comfortble. The rooms come with free mini bar beverages. Shuter service by a buggy to near by places: Siam BTS, Central World and Isetan. The staff are all very friendly and proactive. They are very helpful and informative too. Wifi is free and very fast speed. Kempinski provides comfortable and excellent service at a price. The rate is not cheap for a hotel in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This was the second time my husband and I stayed in this hotel. The service was even better, when we walked in, we immediately greeted by a lady and I told her I wanted to check-in, she asked us to take a seat, took our passport and said she will check-in for us. Then we were served with some cold drinks and cold towels. Within ten minutes, the lady came back and asked for our signature. Then showed us to our room which was the same room we stayed last time! I love this hotel, so convenient, just crossed the side street, and that was Siam Paragon.
Their breakfast was very good, too, there were choices of waffles, sausages and eggs you can order from the menu which was included in the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed one night only. Allowed us to check in at 10am. Had executive room with club room access. Food was great, room was lovely, pool and surrounds excellent and breakfast was also great. We found the staff sophisticated and helpful. This hotel is very well run and they have thought of everything. It was a true 5 star experience. (incidentally we moved from the Shangri la, which we have stayed at many times before, for our last night and we now have a new favourite)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beautiful hotel, conveniently located beside Siam Paragon and Siam Center, 5 minutes on foot to Central World. We stayed in a suite . When learned that it's on the 1st floor, I was a bit worried about the noise. Such worries was not justified.Very quite. The suite is spacious and nicely decorated. Buffet breakfast ... Can't complain. You have lots of variety to choose from. They even serve hummus, Pete bread.
Staff are all very helpful and they can communicate in English fluently. No problem.
I will always come back to this fabulous hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YildizChoi
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have visited Bangkok with my friend and decided to stay at Siam Kempinski as my friend recommended.

Things I liked;
- Check-in while seating at Lobby Sofa. Front Officer came to me and took my passport and crdit card to do my check-in while I was enjoying welcome drink at sofa.
- Spacious and 'grand' lobby with live band / piano play.
- Room (Room Number 663) facing swimming pool. Very spacious and bathroom and toilet separated. It had big bath tab as well.
- Balcony with charis and table. I was able to enjoy reading and drinking there.
- Free mini-bar with daily refil. Thai local beer was also part of it.
- Pool bar with courtecious staff.
- Custom Made breakfast
- Right next door to the Siam Paragon Shopping Center. Was able to walk to train station by going through SIam Paragon.
- Free buggy service to Central World Shopping Center.
- Big gym with enough equipment.

Things I didn't like;
- Accessibility to the Hotel by car - it is surrounded by shopping center and only narrow road is leading from the main street to the hotel. Threfore, it takes very long time to get to the hotel if you take taxi or car. It took about 15-20 mins from Main Street.
- Breakfast menu limited - the quality of breakfast was good and Champaine was also there. However, the variety of the food are lesser compare to the other hotels.
- Night time accesibility - After 2200hrs, as Siam Paragon closes, it will be very difficult to walk to the hotel from BTS train station. You need to walk narrow dark street for 10 mins to get to the hotel.
- Swimming Pool - are accessible from some rooms directly which made me uncomfortable as i had to swim right in front of their room.
- The coffee maker had dirty water in it with some dead bugs in it.

I had wonderful hotel stay and didn't have anything unpleasant while I was there. All the things I didn't like was also bearable. THink of the price I've paid, maybe that's the standard I had to expect.

If I go to the Bangkok, I will stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Yo1977
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We only had one night here and had the standard deluxe room. We agreed that we would return for another Bangkok stop over and upgrade to the club floor. Its a beautiful hotel, very ornate with the usual excellent service you can associate with the Far East. They have a very comfortable smoking room for those who smoke, where you can sit and have a cool drink in air conditioned comfort. We found the hotel to be of good value, we used the Niche restaurant and just had burger and chips before our flight home which we found to be very satisfactory.

The only slight criticism we had was the Brasserie where you have breakfast - to us it appeared to be very small for the size of the hotel (by 8am it was almost full) and whilst there was a lot of dishes on offer nothing blew us away like other hotels, it was OK but nothing more than that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foo66
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Located right behind Siam Paragon with a BTS right at the front of the shopping mall which is smack across Siam Square and nearby MBK Mall.

To the back of the hotel, with 5 mins walk you get to Central mall and Platinum Mall. But why walk when the hotel provides buggy service to send you there.

The breakfast was great! Staff wonderful. Massage in the hotel though on the high side was relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2014