“Fantastic stay, great location.”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #28 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Was surprised at seeing the way of greeting guest. Staff bended her knees and performed checkin process calmly. -All the staff were friendly and nice. -All the amenities at this hotel looked brand new and luxurious. -Easy to access to the Siam Paragon. -Breakfast was little bit disappointed for not many choice of food. -Room service was fast. I will recommend and introduce this hotel through my blog and would like to revisit this hotel if I have chance to go to Bankok. Owesome staying at Siam Kempinski. Thank you for the fantastic service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We stayed in the executive rooms that also gave us access to the executive lounge.

Pros:

The room is impeccable. Nicely decorated and laid out

Good service: the airconditioner in our room was very cold and the thermostat didnt work for some reason the first night. This was quickly rectified when we fed back to the cleaner about this.

Location is also very good, being near the Siam Paragon.

We didnt get to use the swimming pool area at all nor the main breakfast room so we can't feedback on that.

Rapid check out.

Excellent check in process where the guest waits in the sitting area and the check is performed by a staff who comes to you. You don't have to wait in line as in all other hotels.

Very Minor Cons
There is a golf buggy that brings one to Siam Central world and other nearby places. Sometimes there is a wait for this because I think there was only one in use at the 2 occasions that we needed the buggy. On the first occasion we were asked to wait inside but the staff forgot about us until we reminded them. On the second occasion, the buggy was departing for a location opposite to where we were going so we chose to walk instead. No big deal but I think perhaps more than one buggy is needed when occupancy returns to normal.

The air conditioning it the executive lounge was very cold on a couple of occasions.

I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel which spells Luxury right in the heart of Bangkok. Flanked by the biggest shopping destinations it is a splendor to stay. One recommendation Teh the lamb chops... U will love it... A sure shot visit

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

3 of us stayed in a suite room. There has been numerous good feedback on location, room and service; hence, I will not touch on them.
6th was my friend's birthday, and we were pleasantly surprised to receive a whole chocolate birthday cake, they also prepared candles and match box for us. With free beer at the mini bar, and daily fruits supply, we had a mini celebration. My friend was really happy. Thanks so much for the well thought gift. We will definitely come back again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is extremely beautiful and its location if you would like to go to Siam Paragon to shop till you drop is ideal- it is connected and the basement supermarket of Siam Paragon is just literally 2 minutes away. Fantastic if like me, you would like to buy lots of Thai snacks from the supermarket, rice crackers, dried mango etc. Rooms and bathrooms are big and extremely spacious.Service at this hotel is absolutely fantastic - you cannot fault the service staff at all - they are meticulous and attentive to your every request and extremely responsive. Outside pool is very beautiful but then every inch of this 5 star hotel is . The hotel is big and has several wings,so be prepared to go to a different wing for spa and gym. I tried one of the spa treatments and it was first rate. This hotel is quite expensive, but is truly five star in every way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is made for serial shopoholics like me! The location is just fantastic, connected to Siam Paragon on the second floor & walking distance to the right to Siam Centre, Discovery Centre, MbK. On the left to Central World and right in front to Siam Square & the skytrain. I can just plonk my shopping bags in between. Not only that, the hotel is stunning and service unrivaled. We enjoyed the swimming pool and the gym very much. The buffet breakfast with their special poached egg menu instead of the regular scrambled eggs is very interesting and innovative.
It's certainly a great experience and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in a duplex pool entry room with my husband and two sons (aged 7 and 4yrs). We have visited Bangkok many times and each time try to experience a different hotel. This trip I chose the Siam Kempinski mostly for its location, but it turned out to be perfect for so many more reasons.

The room was perfect because it allowed my husband and I to have the privacy of an upstairs adults retreat with full bathroom and living room and the children to have downstairs which also had its own bathroom and television etc. The hotel staff had set-up two rollaway beds in front of the television and the boys were in heaven.

Direct pool access was another valuable addition. We were able to sit on our little deck and watch the boys swimming right outside our room. No need to drag towels and sunscreen etc through the corridors of the hotel.

The room came with free minibar and club lounge access. We had breakfast every morning in the club lounge and the staff were very attentive and kind to our children. The club lounge also offered excellent canapes and drinks in the evening. There was a sandwich bar which is not something I have seen before.

The one thing the Siam Kempinski offers families, which to my knowledge no other hotel in Bangkok does, is free kids club. The staff in the kids club were lovely and available to babysit outside of the kids club hours at a very reasonable price (half that of some of the other Bangkok hotels we have stayed at).

Another huge bonus was that the gym is open 24hrs. When the children woke me at 3.30am (6.30am in Australian time) I was able to do an early morning workout in an empty gym - heaven!

Finally, I must comment on the location. Being in the middle of some of Bangkok's best shopping made it super easy to duck out for short shopping trips without spending long periods of time in traffic getting there and back. The location also places you in the midst of some amazing restaurants, both fine dining and casual. The Siam Aquarium is in the Siam Paragaon next door and we spent a half day there. The kids loved it and it was so nice to be able to return to our hotel within minutes when we had finished.

If you are travelling with children you will not regret choosing the Siam Kempinski. It is the perfect hotel for adults and children.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family