Lowest prices for your stay
US$29
US$29
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$25
PricelineUS$34
Hotels.comUS$29
TravelocityUS$29
All reviews phrom phong street food concierge floor bts shopping minibar terminal convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We normally stay on Sukhumvit when we holiday in BKK. We love the JW, but it was booked when we were in BKK. We decided to give S31 a go and we loved it. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated and the staff was how they always are in Thailand, amazing. The hotel is centrally located and minutes from the Skytrain. We loved S31 and will most definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel was really good, they even upgraded us to a duplex Suite from the Junior Suite we booked in the first place. Rooms are modern and in great design, obviously look mattered more than functionality, but we like new design very much so for us it was enjoyable.

Staff was friendly and most of them spoke a reasonable English. The location is a few minutes walk from the Sky Train Station (Phrom Phong is nearer and nicer to walk to). Altough taxis are dirt-cheap and convenient (always insist on the taximeter), they are extremely slow during rush hour (which is more than half of the day :-) )

If you want to do a lot of things in the "old town" of Bangkok, e.g. visit the Gand Palace and Wat Po, the hotel may not be ideally located, as the Bangkok traffic is enormous and you need forever to go from one place to another, if there is no Metro or SkyTrain connection and to the "old town" there is no such connection. However, you can go to the river and take a boot and bypass the traffic jam. For shopping at Siam area it is great, only a few SkyTrain stations away.

Breakfast was good, although i wouldn't pay for it if it was not included, because you can get better cheaper things everywhere in the vicinity of the hotel (the Belgian chocolatier just down the street is great!).

Reviewed 28 July 2011

A reasonable priced 5* property which makes the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 31 in the tourist area of Bangkok. We booked three nights here at the end of our holiday and we are glad we did. The reception is on the 8th floor, efficient friendly check-in. Reserved a Junior Suite and we were upgraded to a duplex which was really wonderful. Very modern hotel and rooms. The room was on two levels with a small kitchenette, settee and chez lounge, 42inch tv on the ground floor. The stairs to the bedroom and bathroom are wooden with glass sides and a glass balcony looking over the lounge. The bed was probably the widest one I have seen: 8 feet wide! In the bedroom was a 32 inch tv, great bath and a separate rain shower. Located on the 18th floor we had a great view over Bangkok though the full length upstairs to downstairs window. Though the room was great with fantastic amenities there was very little wardrobe space and I kept my case downstairs while my wife used the wardrobe upstairs and for once I cannot blame the number of clothes she had with her!
Breakfast was served in the bistro on the 6th floor and was very good with lots of choice of European and Asian foods. A complementary paper delivered to the room each day was a great start to each day. The gym was very modern and plenty of cv and fixed weight equipment. The hotel has a spa though I felt for Bangkok the prices were expensive. in reception there is a popcorn machine which is complimentary and a small bar which isn't complementary. Walking outside from either Reception or the gym on the floor above brings you to the swimming pool. Nice size and made of glass. Also outside are gardens, new sunbeds and a couple of hammocks.
Do not miss the chance to visit both:
a) Restaurant 100, a full glass restaurant at the top of the hotel looking over the city. The food was first class and an ideal setting for a romantic meal. Though more expensive than other restaurants in the area the price for quality of food is nowhere near what you would pay for a quality meal in a major city in the west.
b) On the ground floor there is a coffee shop and within the coffee shop is a 'Wine Cellar'. Here you can relax with a quality glass of wine or two and maybe some cheeses and meats and watch the city move on!
All staff at the hotel were very friendly and there is even a complementary tuc tuc which runs between Soi 31 and its sister hotel Soi 15.
To top it all we were given a lovely cake and flowers to celebrate our wedding anniversary
We are considering returning for New Year.

Room tip: Try and get a room at the top of the hotel for the fantastic views
2  Thank refparsons
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I feel like coming back home again, nice warm service for returning guest, they remember me and give me a warm welcome . I try another type of room and found that it is different size of room but keep me same feeling and environment . I have dinner on 22floors , very good food with reasonable price.

1  Thank Sahome
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed at the S31 for both business and leisure. Product is great, had one of their Duplex Suites which has one of the biggest beds I have ever seen. Breakfast is decent with a nice, though not tto extensive selection but it suited me. Few Service downsides were that I was checked in to a dirty Suite when I arrived at 2am in the morning. They rectified it straight away and next morning the Lady in charge of Housekeeping came to apologize profusely with an orchid and a little gift which was very nice. Big thing in my opinion was that they offer a business centre (had to print my boarding pass), but the connection did not work so I asked the Front Desk if they could help with printing, but they bluntly refused. Altogether would stay again as the product and location is great, but would make sure these things are sorted before making the booking.

Room tip: Duplez Suites are great adn sufficient for two people (bed sleeps four though :-))
Date of stay: June 2011