“what, no tuk tuk?”

Ranked #34 of 643 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Murrieta, California
“what, no tuk tuk?”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

First off, if there was a choice for a 3.5 rating that's where I'd settle. The room I had was a delux suite which was spacious, very clean and had the essentials. The bedroom is actually larger then the living room. Watch out for that lip as you enter into the bathroom. What I missed was music, there is a nice sized television but no radio. I had a corner room with lots of light which I enjoyed. The breakfest fare is typical for Bangkok hotels, kind of a western/eastern mix with very attentive staff as is usually the case in Thailand. But what I missed most, it's basically the standard of all Bangkok hotels, was on tuk-tuk service. I kind of felt depraved of an experience. But overall, with a few minor improvements the Bless Residence will achieve 4 star status with little trouble.

Room Tip: reserve a corner room
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank AnthonyVA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Good place to stay and relax,close to everything. Staff rocks...very impressed and i will stay here again. The Grand Suite is very comfortable,like the fact it has the kitchen and we could eat(at home) rather than out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank warlock1
Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have stay here many time, the staff are always trying to help. I call for an iron at 6.30am and was asked to call back after 8am as they had to staff working to bring one upThe irons and ironing board are all broken. The iron is the cheapest iron you could buy! I ask for a second key card for the room so I could charge my laptop and they had run out!

Dear Owner, spend some money and you could have a great hotel.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I have been going in and out of Bangkok for several years now and this is the best place so far.. There are bars right next to it and the shopping centers as well. A friend told me about this place and I was hesitant to book as really never stayed in this area.. I was well impressed with the area the rooms and the staff in the hotel.. The price is a is so cheap for the size of room, living room, small kitchen, and huge bathroom.. I have stayed twice and found the hotel i will be staying in for a while..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I am a regular business traveler to Bangkok and usually stay at an International 5 star hotel on the Chao Phraya River (the Royal Orchid Sheraton).
This time around, a work colleague of mine told me about Bless Residence and I must admit to being a little nervous and skeptical when I made my internet booking with no previous first hand experience. Although the location is a little off the beaten track and not an obvious entrance, once I had checked in, I was completely satisfied and extremely impressed by the standard of the property, the size and cleanliness of the rooms and more particularly by the value!
I chose to book a deluxe suite, which was clean, comfortable and a complete surprise. Clearly there are many differences between the international 5 star properties in Bangkok, but I could not speak more highly of this hidden gem.
I would have no reluctance to re-book here in the future for either business or pleasure and intend to do so. The BTS station Phrom Phong stops within minutes of the hotel and makes the location very convenient to all major locations and transport.
Literally outside the front door of reception is a great bar for an icy cold beer in air conditioned comfort ( called "The Office") and some fantastic street food stalls within 5 minutes of the front door.
The website is a good way to check out the property and is a good realistic view of what you can expect.
I am a very fussy traveler and I can recommend this property to anyone looking for a very good standard stay in Bangkok. I will definitely stay here again and have no doubt about recommending this as a great place to stay to any of my business associates, friends or anyone traveling to Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Everything about my stay here was first-class. The staff were excellent, the apartment very generous in size [one-bedroom suite], enormous bathroom, spotlessly clean. The building was attractive and welcoming, the location very convenient to BTS and other facilities.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelbug61Australia
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We live in the Bangkok area, but checked into the Bless Residence for a little time closer to the city center for my husband's birthday.

For the price (on Agoda), the studio was fantastic -- larger than we expected, clean and equipped with a stove and basic necessities like a small apartment. The room was quiet, even with the windows open, though the next morning, the sound of a parking lot attendant incessantly blowing his whistle (by the Fuji supermarket behind the building) was a small annoyance. The bathroom was spacious, with a nice bathtub and separate shower. The pool on the rooftop was divine, with nice views across the city. The staff were very nice, welcoming and helpful.

I used to live in a townhouse further down on this street several years ago and found the ladies (who work at the bars named after European painters) harmless. Bless Residence, thankfully, is located in a quiet little street away from the ladies, though it appeared at least one guest had brought his company back to the hotel with him for the night -- however, escaping sleazy guys is a challenge across most of central Bangkok. Bless Residence seems a much more respectable establishment than many in Bangkok.

Our main complaint was that though we requested a non-smoking room, the room definitely had residual cigarette smoke odors. Still, instead of complaining and changing rooms, we just opened the windows because we wanted to spend time around town, not moving rooms.

Also, the room's wi-fi was great the night we arrived, but the next morning, it was difficult to connect. Staff tried to help us to connect, but the connection was unreliable.

Despite our minor complaints, we would definitely recommend Bless Residence. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, and we would come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple