“place to avoid for couples” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bless Residence

Bless Residence
Ranked #29 of 604 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“place to avoid for couples”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

In my online reservation i had asked for corner room but was given something else. When i entered the room it was a smoking room which i did not appreciate at all as the entire suite was smelling like a chimney. It was also not possible to change the room (fully booked apparently). Next to the bed complimentary pack of condoms and cigarettes. I felt like checking in to a love hotel. Area is shady; lots of girly bars right next to hotel which is not a problem at daytime. The air-condition was super noisy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mirko M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
phuket
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I returned to this hotel I rated 5 last year. Unfortunately ,this year service was terrible a real disaster ,close swindle if you ask bell boy for taxi. I extend my journey cause some health problem Everything fine with reception girls who have updated my reservation day to day except when I had to fight with the tall boy at reception who really pissed me off. I was really sick and this guy was really unprofesional and unpleasant . I did not still understanding why at 5pm ,he did not get my new reservation and update its files such I have advise him since morning. Second issue with bell boy who managing taxi maffia. taximan refused to use its meter and ask for 800 baths .I ask for express way but he get in heavy traffic to save peanuts tolls fee. Conclusion we missed our flight to maldives despite we left hotel 3hours ahead. Rooms still huge,well equiped and clean but those guys ruins my journey.

Room Tip: avoid tall man at reception.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jeanp22002
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

First off, if there was a choice for a 3.5 rating that's where I'd settle. The room I had was a delux suite which was spacious, very clean and had the essentials. The bedroom is actually larger then the living room. Watch out for that lip as you enter into the bathroom. What I missed was music, there is a nice sized television but no radio. I had a corner room with lots of light which I enjoyed. The breakfest fare is typical for Bangkok hotels, kind of a western/eastern mix with very attentive staff as is usually the case in Thailand. But what I missed most, it's basically the standard of all Bangkok hotels, was on tuk-tuk service. I kind of felt depraved of an experience. But overall, with a few minor improvements the Bless Residence will achieve 4 star status with little trouble.

Room Tip: reserve a corner room
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank AnthonyVA
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Good place to stay and relax,close to everything. Staff rocks...very impressed and i will stay here again. The Grand Suite is very comfortable,like the fact it has the kitchen and we could eat(at home) rather than out.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank warlock1
Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have stay here many time, the staff are always trying to help. I call for an iron at 6.30am and was asked to call back after 8am as they had to staff working to bring one upThe irons and ironing board are all broken. The iron is the cheapest iron you could buy! I ask for a second key card for the room so I could charge my laptop and they had run out!

Dear Owner, spend some money and you could have a great hotel.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I have been going in and out of Bangkok for several years now and this is the best place so far.. There are bars right next to it and the shopping centers as well. A friend told me about this place and I was hesitant to book as really never stayed in this area.. I was well impressed with the area the rooms and the staff in the hotel.. The price is a is so cheap for the size of room, living room, small kitchen, and huge bathroom.. I have stayed twice and found the hotel i will be staying in for a while..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I am a regular business traveler to Bangkok and usually stay at an International 5 star hotel on the Chao Phraya River (the Royal Orchid Sheraton).
This time around, a work colleague of mine told me about Bless Residence and I must admit to being a little nervous and skeptical when I made my internet booking with no previous first hand experience. Although the location is a little off the beaten track and not an obvious entrance, once I had checked in, I was completely satisfied and extremely impressed by the standard of the property, the size and cleanliness of the rooms and more particularly by the value!
I chose to book a deluxe suite, which was clean, comfortable and a complete surprise. Clearly there are many differences between the international 5 star properties in Bangkok, but I could not speak more highly of this hidden gem.
I would have no reluctance to re-book here in the future for either business or pleasure and intend to do so. The BTS station Phrom Phong stops within minutes of the hotel and makes the location very convenient to all major locations and transport.
Literally outside the front door of reception is a great bar for an icy cold beer in air conditioned comfort ( called "The Office") and some fantastic street food stalls within 5 minutes of the front door.
The website is a good way to check out the property and is a good realistic view of what you can expect.
I am a very fussy traveler and I can recommend this property to anyone looking for a very good standard stay in Bangkok. I will definitely stay here again and have no doubt about recommending this as a great place to stay to any of my business associates, friends or anyone traveling to Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business