“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff”
Review of Bless Residence

Bless Residence
Ranked #44 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This was our first trip to Bangkok and I booked this hotel after reading reviews on tripadvisor. We were very happy with the hotel and the staff were really polite, friendly and helpful. We had a Grand Suite for five nights for less than £400 (GBP) with breakfast included. The rooftop pool and bar were great, and the drinks always seemed to be on 2 for 1 during our stay (even bottles of wine!).
The area may not be great, but it is full of bars and restaurants, and some decent ones at that, all at reasonable prices, and it is very close to the skytrain station. Personally, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Bangkok on a sightseeing trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aldersbarnboy

Reviewed 25 January 2013

A friend recommended this hotel and I can see why. A good location and quiet at night. A small problem at check-in with electronic keys but hardly worth a mention. Good staff and friendly service. My suite was big - kitchen and sitting area with a big flat-screen TV, a bedroom with an amazingly comfortable bed and an excellent bathroom. All-in-all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This was our second time here and it didn't disappoint this time either.

It´s quite small place but the location is nice..BTS station is really close and nice eating and drinking places are close too. Staff there are helpful and the rooftop pool area is really nice even it´s quite small.

This time we had breakfast and it wasn't anything specially but quite ok.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Subbe
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We booked a grand suite as a treat on our first night in Bangkok to chill out and get over jetlag and it was worth every penny. The suite was stunning and the hotel was empty which meant we had our own private pool on the roof. We experienced high quality service from all the staff except from the pair on reception who were unnecessarily rude. I'd recommend checking in with the bellboy on arrival, he speaks better english than anyone else and will help you with anything you need. Again shame about the ignorant pair on the front desk, but despite them I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giles T
Reviewed 2 January 2013

In my online reservation i had asked for corner room but was given something else. When i entered the room it was a smoking room which i did not appreciate at all as the entire suite was smelling like a chimney. It was also not possible to change the room (fully booked apparently). Next to the bed complimentary pack of condoms and cigarettes. I felt like checking in to a love hotel. Area is shady; lots of girly bars right next to hotel which is not a problem at daytime. The air-condition was super noisy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mirko M
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I returned to this hotel I rated 5 last year. Unfortunately ,this year service was terrible a real disaster ,close swindle if you ask bell boy for taxi. I extend my journey cause some health problem Everything fine with reception girls who have updated my reservation day to day except when I had to fight with the tall boy at reception who really pissed me off. I was really sick and this guy was really unprofesional and unpleasant . I did not still understanding why at 5pm ,he did not get my new reservation and update its files such I have advise him since morning. Second issue with bell boy who managing taxi maffia. taximan refused to use its meter and ask for 800 baths .I ask for express way but he get in heavy traffic to save peanuts tolls fee. Conclusion we missed our flight to maldives despite we left hotel 3hours ahead. Rooms still huge,well equiped and clean but those guys ruins my journey.

Room Tip: avoid tall man at reception.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeanp22002
Reviewed 8 December 2012

First off, if there was a choice for a 3.5 rating that's where I'd settle. The room I had was a delux suite which was spacious, very clean and had the essentials. The bedroom is actually larger then the living room. Watch out for that lip as you enter into the bathroom. What I missed was music, there is a nice sized television but no radio. I had a corner room with lots of light which I enjoyed. The breakfest fare is typical for Bangkok hotels, kind of a western/eastern mix with very attentive staff as is usually the case in Thailand. But what I missed most, it's basically the standard of all Bangkok hotels, was on tuk-tuk service. I kind of felt depraved of an experience. But overall, with a few minor improvements the Bless Residence will achieve 4 star status with little trouble.

Room Tip: reserve a corner room
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo