“Great Location”

Ranked #110 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it. It's close to the bar and restaurant area but the soi itself is very quiet. No traffic or construction noise.
The service was excellent. All the staff are friendly and easy to communicate with.
The hotel is very well priced given these factor and represents good money for value.
Rooms are clean and comfortable

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DalvirSingh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Chris D,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home.

We are very pleased that guests like yourselves loves Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 location, we truly are in a sweet spot in soi 2. We try our level best to provide value for money for the guest in our hotel, our guests satisfaction is extremely important to us.

I thank you again for sharing your experience and feedback, its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo, Sukhumvit 2 real soon. Do contact me directly on my email or book through our hotel's website for easier and faster booking. If you have the time, do like us on our facebook homepage as well at facebook/solohotelsresorts

rsvn.bkk2@solohotelsresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Staff was always very approachable when you have any requests or queries. Don't worry about it being off the main streets. There is a buggy to ferry you from the hotel to the main street 24/7, where u can easily grab a cab or take the BTS. Roads are tastefully decorated. Lighting is controlled by a central bedside control panel, so you don't have to walk out of your bed to off the lights. Small but nice touch. WiFi access is FREE, not limited to only a number of hours like some hotels. Speed is decent, slight slow down during peak hours (8pm-11pm). There is also a swimming pool on the 8th floor, opens from 7am-7pm, if you would like a dip to escape the Bangkok heat.

One problem is that the mini-fridge is not working, which is also experienced by my friends in the other room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Alphaev7,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We are glad you had a great visit to Bangkok's "Sukhumvit" vicinity!

I'm in the process of getting all the mini bars changed in every rooms, however, if the fridge doesn't work, our front desk immediately informs house keeping to get it changed. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here 2 nights. Although Bangkok was not for us, this location is superb! 5 min walking to the sky-train, 5 min from the infamous Soi 11.

Everyone at the hotel spoke very good English, and they literally dropped anything they were busy with to assist us with whatever query we had.

The breakfast is excellent!... fresh fruits and juices, all types of cereal, full English breakfast(eggs and bacon made fresh to order!)

Free WiFi, Laptops to use in the reception, room service etc, etc..

Pool/Bar on the roof, awesome place to relax and prepare for the night out on town.

Will recommend Hotel Solo to anyone and everyone! Clean, and they really make you feel as if you are a valued guest! Brilliant guys!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DalvirSingh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Paulqb,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home.

We are one of the few hotels that offers free Wifi and our internet is one of the fastest in the Sukhumvit vicinity just for our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast variety...Thank you for your comments.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and feedback, its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo, Sukhumvit 2 real soon. Do contact me directly on my email or book through our hotel's website for easier and faster booking. If you have the time, do like us on our facebook homepage

Muang Sing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel appears well taken care of and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and everything in working order. The bed was a nice surprise with comfortable pillows and soft sheets. The air conditioner is built into the ceiling so it is quieter than most. The WIFI is fast and worked for the whole three days I was there. I recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again when in Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bryan W
DalvirSingh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Bryan,

I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home. Our house department says 'thank you' for your comments, its vital that their service leaves no room for complain hence the bedrooms sheets, washrooms needs to be as fresh as possible.

We just got the internet cable changed hence its one of the fastest free Wifi in the Sukhumvit Vicinity Hotels. Thank You for your comments.
We understand that Thailand being a tropical country its also very warm during peak summer hence when Hotel Solo was built we made sure the air-condition is the best of its kind and as silent as possible.

For the very first time Hotel Solo launches a virtual tour around the hotel showcasing our hospitality, property and facilities to embrace all guests visit. Do visit our website to view our youtube video.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Staff really gently, hotel really, really clean..... they don't apply strong strictly rules, like hour of arrive or something else like this, so relax of customer is really high. A particular thank you is for a receptionist, Mr. MANOON YUTHANAWA, that was extremly gently and professional, and a big thank you to one boy of staff, that was really, really gently gaving me a lot of information about Bangkok and some specificall techincal stuff. For sure i will go back there, in future. Good connection with public transports.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank landgius
DalvirSingh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Langius,

Thank you very much for your review and comments. We appreciate that you've taken the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! The pleasure is ours to serve all guests like yourself.

Our team is pleased you've enjoyed the amenities of our Hotel as I read your review out to them.

Mr Manoon Yuthawa is our General Manager of Hotel Solo, he says Thank You "Khop khun Khrab". Our team including the front desk and technician staff who gladly assisted you in your travel around the city hopes to see you in the near future very soon. We are all a family and you coming to Hotel Solo makes you one of us.

We are in a sweet spot in Sukhumvit Soi 2, thank you for your comments, lots of guests says its perfect with nearby transportation all around us.

I thank you again for sharing your experience and feedback, its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. Do contact me directly on my email or book through our hotel's website for easier and faster booking.

Hotel Solo has just received the Certificate of Excellence for the year 2013. Our team is very proud and we thank all our past and current guest to make this possible, we are thankful for all the reviews. Do 'Like' us on our facebook.com/solohotelsresorts

For the very first time Hotel Solo launches a virtual tour around the hotel showcasing our hospitality, property and facilities to embrace all guests visit. Do visit our website to view our youtube video at solohotelsresorts.com

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, delivering "A Moment of Kindness."

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I just spent 3 weeks in Bangkok and have never stayed in a boutique hotel before. I usually go for the 4 and 5 star large hotels. I was pleasantly surprised at the Hotel Solo. I decided to upgrade my room to one of the three Junior Suites an let me say it was well worth it!! My suite was large and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious an the housekeeping staff scubbed every inch of the room daily, and changed the sheets everyday as well. The staff was respectful and very friendly. From the moment I walked in til the time I left I was never sorry I chose this boutique hotel. When and if you stay here please say hi to Mr. Dlvir Narula, the Managing Director. he will make sure your stay is perfect.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and take the Junior Suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
DalvirSingh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Louis M,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Your time spent here at Hotel Solo will forever be missed. We hope to see you back at Hotel Solo in the near future ! Your recent stay 3 weeks is never enough.

Thanks for the "Hi" !...."Hi" to all guests that stayed, stays and looking to stay at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2. Our motto is to deliver "A moment of kindness" to everyone, a guest in our hotel is family.

Junior Suites are available in Hotel Solo, located at the top of the hotel, the spacious suite offers great city views for the discerning traveller ! No doubt its definitely spacious at 42 sq metre, thanks for recommended to all.

Hotel Solo has just received the Certificate of Excellence for the year 2013. Our team is very proud as we thank all our past and current guest to make this possible, thank you for all reviews. Do 'Like' us on our facebook to mark your presence at Hotel Solo, it enables us to keep us connected.

Loius, our video is released... you saw the recording happening. :) For the very first time Hotel Solo launches a virtual tour around the hotel showcasing our hospitality, property and facilities to embrace all guests visit. Do visit our website.

I thank you again for sharing your experience and feedback, its a pleasure sir to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo, Sukhumvit 2 real soon. You have my name card do contact me directly on my email or book through our hotel's website for easier and faster booking. Remember, 3 weeks is never enough !

Zwijnaarde, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were happy with our stay at the Solo hotel. Good location, close to a BTS station, which allows you to travel fast within Bangkok, but still away from the very busy Sukhumvit road. Lots of pubs and restaurants in the neighbourhood. We got a warm welcome upon arrival, but were a bit disappointed that the swimming pool was only open until 7pm. If you arrive at the hotel after an entire day of sweating in downtown Bangkok, the only thing on your mind is that swimming pool... The people at the reception were always very eager to give us advice, although not everyone spoke fluent English. Besides the malfunctioning of the shower curtain, we had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DalvirSingh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear ThomasVanLand,

Our team is pleased you've enjoyed the amenities of our Hotel. Apologies for your faulty shower curtain, I have well taken care of your room's shower curtain already, had you informed me or the front desk, we would offer you a change of room immediately, sorry for that.

Our Swimming pool timings is till 7pm because its gets too dark otherwise as the sun sets at 630pm here in Bangkok. However if guests are already swimming at 7pm, we won't ask guest to leave but to swim as long as they like, our swimming pool lights are switched on till late night. We understand the dip in the pool is 'essential' after a day heat during these few months, hence we encourage guests enjoy the Happy Hour promotion while cooling off at the pool.

We are in a sweet spot in Sukhumvit Soi 2, thank you for your comments, lots of guests says its perfect. It truely is a sweet spot.

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, delivering "A Moment of Kindness."