“Outstanding”

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
Ranked #96 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Outstanding, customer friendly. Will stay there again when I
Go back to BKK. Rooms very clean, buffet In the morning great. The front staff very professional. Sunny helped me out everyday to find shopping and food places to eat.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Paul P,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you chose us to write your first review.

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest. Thank you for your compliments..I'm here to serve each and every guest at Solo, your presence and your fiance is missed by us all. Your reservation is confirmed and we look forward greeting you at Hotel Solo real soon.

Lastly thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2. To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My third stay, and not the last, already booked for next visit prior to going off to India. Always found the hotel friendly and extremely comfortable. It suits our needs, as it is conveniently positioned. The hotel "Buggy" drops you of on Sukhanvit road and with a phone call will pick you up again. For us there is no reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: No suggestions as all equal
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear HomersAlmancil,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor. We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

Thank you for staying with us for the third time, consider Hotel Solo your second home. :) Your presence here is missed and we are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations. Glad you took full advantage of the shuttle to get to the main road...I use it frequently as well.

Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2. Your next booking is confirmed with us.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stayed at Hotel Solo for 4 nights with my wife. The room is of decent size, most importantly, it's clean and the staff at the front desk are always good to send you out to Phloen Chit Center which is 5 mins walk to Phloen Chit BTS. It would take approx 10-15 mins if you were to walk out from the Hotel itself to Phloen Chit BTS. Wi-Fi connection and rooftop pool was great to chill out in the afternoon. However it seems to be lacking in some basic amenities with very limited TV Channels compared to other hotels I've stayed in Bangkok at a comparable or lower room rate. Overall a positive experience but I do not see myself to be back here for my next trip to Bangkok as there are so much options to explore in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Aldos905,

I'm glad you had took advantage of the swimming pool, did you get the morning exercise? or did you you get just get a sun bath? Our Internet and Wifi connection throughout the hotel is vital for all guests. We certainly do understand how important it is for you to keep yourself online hence we have the strongest internet connection in many to many 4 star boutique hotels in Bangkok.

Regarding your enquiry about the TV channels. We currently have 200 over channels catered to many nationalities around the world. The only troublesome is that there are two remotes, one is for the Television and the other is for the HD digital box. This is the same cable company that monopolises to air the english premier league. All the other cable network are not allowed to "Air" the football. If you're unable to find the channel you're looking for, feel free to ask our reception, we can guide you. Your comfort is our prime focus.

I apologise that your stay wasn't up to your expectations, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at our Hotel.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall very pleased with the hotel.

Room was lovely, nice boutique up market feel. The bathroom/wet room was very nice.

Pool was nice after a long day. Staff seemed helpful enough.

Shame the UK doesnt have similar hotels for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Rudd18,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I notice that you keep up with Tripadvisor and that you write regularly. We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

I'm glad you had took advantage of the swimming pool, did you get the morning exercise? or did you you get just get a sun bath? Thank you for complimenting our Solo room amenities, we offer everything like a perfect 5 star hotel would offer in their rooms. Very modern looking rooms, perfect for all travellers.

We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations, I've travelled to UK and have been staying at many lovely hotels there, its just far more pricier than what we offer to our guests at Solo. Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon once again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Great hotel for arriving in Bangkok. We stayed from 11th - 14th December 2013 and was really pleased with our choice. Excellent location with a very short walk to the shops, bars, restaurants and of course the skytrain but because the road is off the beaten track the hotel was in a quiet area.
The room was very clean (daily cleaning) and the rooftop pool with bar was the bonus especially when you had been site seeing.
Buffet Breakfast was good. Wi-fi was available.
All in all we thought the hotel was excellent and very good value.
We will definitely visit again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jabreb65,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I notice that you keep up with Tripadvisor and that you write regularly. Thank you for giving us the full score. We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

I'm glad you had took advantage of the swimming pool, did you get the morning exercise? or did you you get just get a sun bath? Thank you for complimenting our location, because we're in a dead end street, its makes all guests like yourself get their perfect sleep. That's why we're known as having the "Sweet Spot" of Soi 2 where we're centrally located close to everywhere in the city.

We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations, your descriptive comments were fun to read. Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon once again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel Jan/Feb 2014 it is in a good location but far enough away from any noise at night. Starf were friendly and helpfull. Great pool and bar on the top floor and the rooms were clean and up to date. Met up with a mate in Bangkok and he booked a room as well and we both think best value we found.

Room Tip: I did not look at the fitness centre or spa.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Martin I,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I notice this is your first review, thank you for writing us first! We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

I'm glad you had took advantage of the swimming pool, did you get the morning exercise? or did you you get just get a sun bath? Thank you for complimenting our location, we're truly away from those bar of Soi 4 Nana. That's why we're known as having the "Sweet Spot" of Soi 2.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My clients spent 1 night in Solo Sukhumvit 2 hotel as a flight stopover in January 2014. They preferred 5* hotel but I recommended them this 3* hotel based on my own excellent experience in July 2013. Hotel is a little far from main street but hotel has free tuk-tuk to make it easier for guests. Hotel staff is very friendly (receptionist lent me own umbrella because it was rainy), always smiling, helpful and customer orientated.
Table in room was lightly scratched - this was only one defect but it was not very bad...
Except this hotel is nice example of 3* hotel and I will recommend this hotel to my clients again.

THANKS hotel staff and management for nice time during Bangkok staying :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mikepbsk
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Mikepbsk,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor on behalf of your clients and your own experience!

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guests by making them feel at home.

Thank you recommending our hotel to your clients, we are very pleased to hear nice comments from you. Your stay in July has also not been forgotten by us. Shortly after your stay in September we have well renovated all Solo rooms so that it looks newer and fresh, that scratch on your table is no longer visible.

I thank you again for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website or contact me directly on my email for additional discounts, its the Best Rate Guaranteed!