“value for money”

Ranked #104 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Antwerp, Belgium
“value for money”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice hotel in modern style. Good location. Ploenchit skytrain is around the corner. The 'taxi' service of the hotel (24/7!!) brings you to the beginning of Soi2. Restaurants and bars are very close. Soi 4 and Soi 11 in walking distance.
We enjoyed our stay. Service is great. Personel is very helpful and friendly. The swimming pool on the roof is very nice and clean. Deluxe room is very spacious with a nice clean bathroom.
Breakfast is good, Great coffee. We recommended the hotel to offer some cheese for the European guests. Hope they will do so.
We will come back for sure next time in Bangkok.

Room Tip: we had a room on the 7th floor and is was great. Very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Tanne_Mac,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor. We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

Thank you for complimenting our location as our prime purpose to cater to your comfort and convenience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the benefits of our shuttle service , pool and rooftop bar. Its humbling to know you were appreciative of our rooms and staff who could make your stay more comfortable and memorable as that is what our true aim and motto is ie., pleasing our guests.

We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations, your descriptive comments were fun to read. Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon once again.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The property is located about 400 mts from the nearest BTS station which makes commuting around Bangkok very easy. They provide free tuk-tuk service to the main road so the effective distance to BTS is less than 100 mts :)
Rooms are nice and spacious, they have a pool on the top floor. Prices are also competitive.
Breakfast spread is good, in fact it was best we have found at our Thailand visit (we are vegetarians).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jim_Kim_mit,

Thank you for complimenting our location and using our shuttle service. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our rooms and considered it value for money, as that is what our true aim and motto is ie., pleasing our guests. We are extremely pleased to know that being vegetarians we were successful in catering to your needs and requirements as there are many international expectations that we need to meet on a daily basis. This are truely humbled by this.

Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very clean, comfortable boutique hotel close to the action yet removed enough to be quiet and relaxing. Excellent staff, great rooftop pool and bar, more than adequate breakfast with decent coffee, and fast Wi-Fi.
Room service was also quick with reasonably priced drinks and snacks/meals.
Close to BTS - Nana 2-3 minute walk or the free electric buggy from the hotel to Sukhumvit Road.
I only used it when I was leaving with a few bags to carry to the BTS.
Overall for around $80AUD/night for a couple with good breakfast, its at my top price range but I rate it good value for money.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor near the elevator but I hardly heard a sound.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tosh 2001,

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Outstanding, customer friendly. Will stay there again when I
Go back to BKK. Rooms very clean, buffet In the morning great. The front staff very professional. Sunny helped me out everyday to find shopping and food places to eat.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Paul P,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you chose us to write your first review.

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest. Thank you for your compliments..I'm here to serve each and every guest at Solo, your presence and your fiance is missed by us all. Your reservation is confirmed and we look forward greeting you at Hotel Solo real soon.

Lastly thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2. To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

Almancil
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My third stay, and not the last, already booked for next visit prior to going off to India. Always found the hotel friendly and extremely comfortable. It suits our needs, as it is conveniently positioned. The hotel "Buggy" drops you of on Sukhanvit road and with a phone call will pick you up again. For us there is no reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: No suggestions as all equal
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HomersAlmancil,

Thank you for staying with us for the third time, consider Hotel Solo your second home. :) Your presence here is missed and we are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations. Glad you took full advantage of the shuttle to get to the main road...I use it frequently as well.

Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2. Your next booking is confirmed with us.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stayed at Hotel Solo for 4 nights with my wife. The room is of decent size, most importantly, it's clean and the staff at the front desk are always good to send you out to Phloen Chit Center which is 5 mins walk to Phloen Chit BTS. It would take approx 10-15 mins if you were to walk out from the Hotel itself to Phloen Chit BTS. Wi-Fi connection and rooftop pool was great to chill out in the afternoon. However it seems to be lacking in some basic amenities with very limited TV Channels compared to other hotels I've stayed in Bangkok at a comparable or lower room rate. Overall a positive experience but I do not see myself to be back here for my next trip to Bangkok as there are so much options to explore in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Aldos905,

I'm glad you had took advantage of the swimming pool, did you get the morning exercise? or did you you get just get a sun bath? Our Internet and Wifi connection throughout the hotel is vital for all guests. We certainly do understand how important it is for you to keep yourself online hence we have the strongest internet connection in many to many 4 star boutique hotels in Bangkok.

Regarding your enquiry about the TV channels. We currently have 200 over channels catered to many nationalities around the world. The only troublesome is that there are two remotes, one is for the Television and the other is for the HD digital box. This is the same cable company that monopolises to air the english premier league. All the other cable network are not allowed to "Air" the football. If you're unable to find the channel you're looking for, feel free to ask our reception, we can guide you. Your comfort is our prime focus.

I apologise that your stay wasn't up to your expectations, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at our Hotel.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall very pleased with the hotel.

Room was lovely, nice boutique up market feel. The bathroom/wet room was very nice.

Pool was nice after a long day. Staff seemed helpful enough.

Shame the UK doesnt have similar hotels for the price.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Rudd18,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I notice that you keep up with Tripadvisor and that you write regularly. We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

I'm glad you had took advantage of the swimming pool, did you get the morning exercise? or did you you get just get a sun bath? Thank you for complimenting our Solo room amenities, we offer everything like a perfect 5 star hotel would offer in their rooms. Very modern looking rooms, perfect for all travellers.

We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations, I've travelled to UK and have been staying at many lovely hotels there, its just far more pricier than what we offer to our guests at Solo. Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon once again.