“Excellent Hotel indeed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Vira, Switzerland
“Excellent Hotel indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Solo Hotel last week when Bangkok was not an easy place to be...
The Staff was excellent in every respect and went out of their way to make guests feel at ease and at home. Always with a smile and an helpful reply. The Hotel itself is well located, near the BTS and in a quiet enough spot for lively downtown BKK. Rooms are comfortable, well appointed and very clean. Housekeeping is prompt and laundry service punctual and economical.
I did not eat on many occasions at the Hotel but the little I had was good and well priced. One of the important features for me was Internet and WiFi accessibility which was very good indeed and if you needed a document printed, you could do it at reception... with a genuine smile. All in all a very satisfying experience that I would undoubtedly repeat and recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gianni a
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Gianni,

Thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor. I noticed this is your first review, thank you for choosing hotel solo. We are thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It is kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guest.

Thank you for pointing out the good speed and signal of our Wifi, we understand how crucial it is for guest to stay connected online. Glad to see that you've made use of our laundry service and the printer at the mini business centre.

We are pleased to know you were very appreciative of our services as well as the hotel overall facilities. We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to. Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo to everyone.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are extremely friendly and would go out of their way to help. In a great location to get about in bangkok and their rooftop swimming pool is excellent with a 360 view of bangkok!! I would definitely recommend this hotel as it very modern, spotless and cannot believe what you get for the price we paid!!! I definitely will be back next time I'm over that side of the world hoping that everything politically gets sorted :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for your review on Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 here on Tripadvisor, finally your review got posted!

We are thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It is kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guest. We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to in the near future with your family and friends once again.

Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo. We certainly do offer the best available rate for the highest service possible to everyone. Give my regards to everyone, their presence is missed by us all.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, nice big rooms, nice bathroom, clean, perfect internet. In the room a lot of ac outlets and plenty of storage. A walk to the skytrain is only 10 minutes, bu they also offer a taxi service. Nice swimmingpool with a nice view over Bangkok.

We come back for sure!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Peter K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly thrilled to know you enjoyed our rooms and the amenities as we always want to ensure our guest are offered the highest standard of comfort and service by our staff. We are grateful that we could be of your assistance and eased you from getting around, recommending you the best places to go. Its our utmost pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for your shining full score for us. Nice to see that you've taken full advantage of our pool, shuttle and the plugs for room, all of which we understand how crucial it is. We hope that you will consider us again during your future trips to Bangkok. It will be a true delight for us to be able to serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great place to stay, can't fault anything from the rooms, breakfast, staff, pool, food etc. All lovely. We stayed here when we first arrived in Thailand after a long flight and even though we were early we were checked in almost straight away. Room was clean and spacious with a huge walk in shower and complimentary robes/slippers. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the free tuk tuk up to the station was a god send in the heat of the day. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Claire B,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to know Hotel Solo is your new favourite as this serves a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during your visit. Thank you for pointing out our room amenities, early check in and the shuttle service, all of which we do as much as we can to comfort yourself and all our guests.

We will ensure to secure the same welcome ad service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to. Keep in touch

Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I chose this hotel based on other reviews so naturally I had to leave my own. I stayed in Bangkok as the starting point for my travels throughout SE Asia, and wanted to be in a pretty safe area seeing as I was traveling alone. So glad I chose this place! It was less than a ten minute walk to two different stops on the BTS on Sukhumvit Road. The hotel itself is situated down an alley, but I walked it alone at night and felt completely safe.

Also nearby was Nana Plaza, which you have to visit if in Bangkok. It's definitely a sight to see! A friend and I had a couple beers at Big Dog bar, just outside the entrance. It's better than any reality show you'll ever see! You can also visit Suk Soi 11, which I found to be very chill and a lot of fun. We stopped by Cheap Charlies, and were entertained by the local breakdancers. Definitely worth a visit.

The room I stayed in was very nice, and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Breakfast was alright, nothing spectacular. I'm sure you could find several options nearby, but I always get it included because it's easy :)

Prices weren't outrageous, especially for what you get! I highly recommend staying here for the location, clean rooms and friendly staff. If ever in Bangkok again, I'll surely return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly glad to hear your stay at Hotel Solo as being excellent as this serves as an encouragement to all of us to provide the highest standards of service.

Equally your comments about the ambience, cleanliness and the service of our staff were welcomed with delight. We cannot thank our staff enough for reflecting at all times the character of Hotel Solo and ensuring our guests are looked after properly. We are extremely delighted that you have appreciated our location, being in a quite soi does have alot more benefits than on the mainroad which alot of guests realises after staying us. I'm sure your reflection/experience of Nana Plaza leaves alot of guest want to check out this place is.

Thank you for recommending Hotel Solo. We're honoured to serve you again whenever you're in Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

For future hotel guests please drop me an email and I'll offer the best rates guaranteed.

With warmest regards,
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

........to find faults with this hotel. I'm a repeat customer, and the moment I walk into the lobby for stay number two I was greeted by name by various Solo team members. I will most definitely be returning for stay number three in the very near future.

All employees are genuinely happy and this gives the hotel a warm 'family' like feel.

The rooms are always immaculate, food (western and Thai) is of a high quality and the serves are generous.

P.S. A special note to the hotel owner (Dalvir). Thank you so much for taking me to the Moon Bar. Amazing views of Bangkok, and also for arranging the Open Water SCUBA diving course on Koh Tao for me.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and well appointed.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Good Evening Shaun Pseudoless,

"Its very difficult to find a top class hotel these days, we should know we are on Tripadvisor's top 40's" - I expect you to remember this quote Shaun, repeat it every morning till its stuck in your head.

Thank you for your second review on Hotel Solo, for each review its a different opinion hence we're thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It's kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guests and you Mr. Shaun are family to us.

Moon Bar is nice, but Cloud 9 is cozy and intimate, ALMOST as high but both views are breathtaking! Congratulations for obtaining the Open Water Scuba Padi Cert, its a completely different world undersea isn't it, did find your Mermaid? I recommend any Hotel guests arriving to Solo interested in scuba diving to go Koh Tao and train at only 1 Diving School - Scuba Junction, is this the same Diving School you attended?

We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to very soon. Thank you for your full scores and recommending Hotel Solo. Our team misses you presence here at Solo very much and your favourite tailor gives his best regards.

Pilsen, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel in May 2014 while I was on vacation in Bangkok. The hotel is modern, located just a short walk (10 minutes) from the BTS Phloen Chit station. The location is good because it was very quiet at night. The rooms are well equipped and clean, although there was some mold on the soap holders in the bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, I really liked the noodles and rice! Staff were friendly and helpful, I really enjoyed my stay and I will definitely stay again when I am in Bangkok.

Dear LukasVolf,

Thank you very much for such an encouraging review.

We are thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It is kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guest. We hope you had an excellent vacation here in Thailand.

We're in the process of changing all the soap holders as our Sister Hotel, Solo Express Bangkok is coming up hence we're ordering new soap holders for both properties. Usually they last about 3 years until soap tends to (which I like to call it) 'feast upon' the stainless steel soap holders.

Thank you for pointing out the Breakfast, Asian Dishes you have made our chefs extreamly please by your comments. All around we are grateful to know you were very appreciative of our services as well as the hotel overall. We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to. Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo.