“Great place to stay...”

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
Ranked #101 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and it exceeded all my expectation. The staff is amazing, super helpful and very friendly. The breakfast is quite nice and the food in the restaurant is tasty. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear lan F,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to know Hotel Solo is your new favourite as this serves a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during your visit.

Thank you for pointing out how good our restaurant was, we constantly strive to make the best food for both asian and western. I hope you enjoyed our renowned 'famous' Solo Pizzas.

We will ensure to secure the same welcome ad service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to. Keep in touch . To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent a couple of days in this hotel with my friends and we had a fantastic stay. The room was well managed and clean enough. The location is perfect as the whole as easily accessible from here. Also the staffs were very kind and helpful. I would definitely return back for my stay at this hotel also for its money value. Recommended to my close ones....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rahul,

Thank you very much for your review on Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 here on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It is kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guest. We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to in the near future with your family and friends once again.

Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo. We certainly do offer the best available rate for the highest service possible to everyone. Its nice to hear you'll recommend us to your close ones, every guest is like a family to us.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the get go.. this hotel was just awesome.
When I booked I did not have a credit card. They said no worries. I can pay on arrival.
When I arrived I needed an extra bed in the room , no problem again.
At minimum costs they put another bed in and upgraded the three of us. This was at about 1 in the morning.
Room was spotless.
Bathroom immaculate.
Buffet Breakfast = some juices, nice coffee, yogurts cereal , bread, salads, and some more, all just right, and perfect.
Very good pizza and pasta can be ordered for dinner or lunch,
Staff very friendly always at all hours.
A ( name of female at front desk ) made my day , every day with her beautiful warming smile.
Rooftop bar awesome too. If weather permits.
Pool very nice. At four there is a bit of shade at the one end of the pool.
All in all wonderful,
I paid 9k baht for 3 nights for 3 ppl.
What I got was worth way more than that.

Solo 2.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SuidAfrikanerInAsia
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear SuidAfrikanerinAsia,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests like yourself. On behalf of Ms. Aee at the front desk she honoured for your words of praise and says "Khob Khun Khaa". I am truely glad to hear your stay at Hotel Solo was "awesome", this will serve as an encouragement to all of us i.e. to keep providing high standards of service.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities, and our Breakfast, it gets quite hard to fulfil the requirement of everyone from all nationalities. I can't thank you for recommending Hotel Solo enough. Your comfort is our priority, and thats our moto to deliver "Moments of Kindness"

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so we can make your stay even more memorable.

With Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

i initially had a booking fr 3 nites..however as my bag was snatched n my mobile and other imp belongings stolen ..i had to cut short my stay .
wen i explained d situation to Mr. NARULA...
he nt only empathized but also was willing to refund one day stay ..which i thot was extraordinary ..
...d hotel as such has comfortable n most importantly clean rooms ..and is located just 3 mins away from d BTS...
der is a hotel hoppa dat drops u off to d bts and travellin is so convenient ..
d hotel staff r friendly and ever so helful ..
i wud def cum bck if i bkk again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Natasha

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to know Hotel Solo is your new favorite as this serves as a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during your visit.

Its very rare to have an incident like what you've experienced in Bangkok, I only encourage do not get influenced from any cab drivers or Tuk Tuk drivers when they advise and willing to take you to some tourist attraction places. As a Hotel, we are here to guide you you the best places to go and take responsible for the drivers and tour buses we hire for you.

We will ensure to secure the same welcome and service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to. Keep in touch Natasha.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is a little far inside the Soi but the hotel do provide shuttle and the shuttle is fast. You can call them to pick you up from the mall opposite JW Marriot as well.

Most importantly, the room is clean and spacious. I would come back anytime.

I love to try the breakfast one day since the smell of the food make me hungry every time I come down from my room in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Melvin Quek,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly thrilled to know you enjoyed our rooms and the amenities as we always want to ensure our guest are offered the highest standard of comfort and service by our staff. We are grateful that we could be of your assistance and eased you from getting around, recommending you the best places to go. Its our utmost pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for your full score. It will be a true delight for us to be able to serve you again this time with Breakfast, we are known for our renowned Breakfast which is filled with all essentials items perfect for our 4 star Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Solo Hotel last week when Bangkok was not an easy place to be...
The Staff was excellent in every respect and went out of their way to make guests feel at ease and at home. Always with a smile and an helpful reply. The Hotel itself is well located, near the BTS and in a quiet enough spot for lively downtown BKK. Rooms are comfortable, well appointed and very clean. Housekeeping is prompt and laundry service punctual and economical.
I did not eat on many occasions at the Hotel but the little I had was good and well priced. One of the important features for me was Internet and WiFi accessibility which was very good indeed and if you needed a document printed, you could do it at reception... with a genuine smile. All in all a very satisfying experience that I would undoubtedly repeat and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gianni a
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Gianni,

Thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor. I noticed this is your first review, thank you for choosing hotel solo. We are thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It is kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guest.

Thank you for pointing out the good speed and signal of our Wifi, we understand how crucial it is for guest to stay connected online. Glad to see that you've made use of our laundry service and the printer at the mini business centre.

We are pleased to know you were very appreciative of our services as well as the hotel overall facilities. We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to. Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo to everyone.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are extremely friendly and would go out of their way to help. In a great location to get about in bangkok and their rooftop swimming pool is excellent with a 360 view of bangkok!! I would definitely recommend this hotel as it very modern, spotless and cannot believe what you get for the price we paid!!! I definitely will be back next time I'm over that side of the world hoping that everything politically gets sorted :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for your review on Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 here on Tripadvisor, finally your review got posted!

Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo. We certainly do offer the best available rate for the highest service possible to everyone. Give my regards to everyone, their presence is missed by us all.