“Great value”

Ranked #103 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great value”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been for professional reasons many times to Bangkok and I choose every time the Hotel Solo.
Reasons: Best value you can get, boutique hotel in designer style, clean rooms, nice staff, etc.
You just can't get more for what you pay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear 20Eitienne52,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review and your full score for us on Tripadvisor.

Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly glad to hear your stay at Hotel Solo as being excellent as this serves as an encouragement to all of us to provide the highest standards of service.

We certainly do offer the best rates and we encourage every to book direct, it certainly benefits us both this way. Thank you for recommending Hotel Solo. We're honoured to serve you again whenever you're in Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Once again, for future hotel guests please drop me an email and I'll offer the best rates guaranteed.

With warmest regards,

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
atlit

This is the fifth time I'm staying at the Hotel
Excellent location and friendly staff
Perfect place to spend Bangkok
There is a hotel shuttle to Main Street
The train station is a 10 minute walk
The hotel has a nice pool on the roof
I have no doubt that next trip I'm going back there

Room Tip: All rooms are good 7th floor large rooms close to the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tomamit,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Staying at our Hotel for the 5th time and your constant reviews expressing each experience means alot to us. You're a family to us. We're glad you're back home safe and sound.

Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly glad to hear you stated Hotel Solo as being excellent as this will serve as an encouragement to the us to keep providing such high standards of service.

Remember, your next visit to send me a mail or contact me on my cell. Booking direct is always cheaper as it benefits us both. I can't thank you for recommending Hotel Solo enough.
We look forward to welcoming you back so we can make your stay even more memorable very soon. This is your second home. Thank you for the candies.

With Warmest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and it exceeded all my expectation. The staff is amazing, super helpful and very friendly. The breakfast is quite nice and the food in the restaurant is tasty. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear lan F,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to know Hotel Solo is your new favourite as this serves a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during your visit.

Thank you for pointing out how good our restaurant was, we constantly strive to make the best food for both asian and western. I hope you enjoyed our renowned 'famous' Solo Pizzas.

We will ensure to secure the same welcome ad service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to. Keep in touch . To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent a couple of days in this hotel with my friends and we had a fantastic stay. The room was well managed and clean enough. The location is perfect as the whole as easily accessible from here. Also the staffs were very kind and helpful. I would definitely return back for my stay at this hotel also for its money value. Recommended to my close ones....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rahul,

Thank you very much for your review on Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 here on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to know you had a very memorable and satisfying stay at Solo. It is kind words like yours that serves as a motivation to our staff to maintain only the highest standard of service to our guest. We ensure to leave no stones unturned to serve and guarantee another memorable trip upon your revisit which we look forward to in the near future with your family and friends once again.

Thank you for your full score and recommending Hotel Solo. We certainly do offer the best available rate for the highest service possible to everyone. Its nice to hear you'll recommend us to your close ones, every guest is like a family to us.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

From the get go.. this hotel was just awesome.
When I booked I did not have a credit card. They said no worries. I can pay on arrival.
When I arrived I needed an extra bed in the room , no problem again.
At minimum costs they put another bed in and upgraded the three of us. This was at about 1 in the morning.
Room was spotless.
Bathroom immaculate.
Buffet Breakfast = some juices, nice coffee, yogurts cereal , bread, salads, and some more, all just right, and perfect.
Very good pizza and pasta can be ordered for dinner or lunch,
Staff very friendly always at all hours.
A ( name of female at front desk ) made my day , every day with her beautiful warming smile.
Rooftop bar awesome too. If weather permits.
Pool very nice. At four there is a bit of shade at the one end of the pool.
All in all wonderful,
I paid 9k baht for 3 nights for 3 ppl.
What I got was worth way more than that.

Solo 2.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SuidAfrikanerInAsia
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear SuidAfrikanerinAsia,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests like yourself. On behalf of Ms. Aee at the front desk she honoured for your words of praise and says "Khob Khun Khaa". I am truely glad to hear your stay at Hotel Solo was "awesome", this will serve as an encouragement to all of us i.e. to keep providing high standards of service.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities, and our Breakfast, it gets quite hard to fulfil the requirement of everyone from all nationalities. I can't thank you for recommending Hotel Solo enough. Your comfort is our priority, and thats our moto to deliver "Moments of Kindness"

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so we can make your stay even more memorable.

With Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

i initially had a booking fr 3 nites..however as my bag was snatched n my mobile and other imp belongings stolen ..i had to cut short my stay .
wen i explained d situation to Mr. NARULA...
he nt only empathized but also was willing to refund one day stay ..which i thot was extraordinary ..
...d hotel as such has comfortable n most importantly clean rooms ..and is located just 3 mins away from d BTS...
der is a hotel hoppa dat drops u off to d bts and travellin is so convenient ..
d hotel staff r friendly and ever so helful ..
i wud def cum bck if i bkk again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Natasha

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to know Hotel Solo is your new favorite as this serves as a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during your visit.

Its very rare to have an incident like what you've experienced in Bangkok, I only encourage do not get influenced from any cab drivers or Tuk Tuk drivers when they advise and willing to take you to some tourist attraction places. As a Hotel, we are here to guide you you the best places to go and take responsible for the drivers and tour buses we hire for you.

We will ensure to secure the same welcome and service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to. Keep in touch Natasha.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is a little far inside the Soi but the hotel do provide shuttle and the shuttle is fast. You can call them to pick you up from the mall opposite JW Marriot as well.

Most importantly, the room is clean and spacious. I would come back anytime.

I love to try the breakfast one day since the smell of the food make me hungry every time I come down from my room in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Melvin Quek,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly thrilled to know you enjoyed our rooms and the amenities as we always want to ensure our guest are offered the highest standard of comfort and service by our staff. We are grateful that we could be of your assistance and eased you from getting around, recommending you the best places to go. Its our utmost pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for your full score. It will be a true delight for us to be able to serve you again this time with Breakfast, we are known for our renowned Breakfast which is filled with all essentials items perfect for our 4 star Boutique Hotel.