“Can't beat this for the price, location, and service”

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
Ranked #105 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
San Clemente, California
“Can't beat this for the price, location, and service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked this hotel as a group of three, sight unseen, and were very pleasantly surprised.

The location is only a short few blocks down from all the action of the Sukhumvit, so it's an ideal location if you want to experience the action, but not the noise when you go to sleep. The price is extremely competitive considering the superior quality of the product. Clean, quiet, comfortable room with all things in order and working. They provide good free toiletries, tea/coffee, and some chargeable snacks in the room. The quality of the bedding was very very good, to the same caliber of a Hyatt or Marriott, but a fraction of the price. Buffet/cooked to order breakfast in the morning is free, and includes both Western and some Eastern items.

Overall, a highly recommended hotel in that area. Staff speaks English very well and go out of their way to be accomodating.

1 Thank Mashatu
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Mashatu,

I am very heartened to know that your very first stay with us left such a lasting impression! Thank you for the great compliments on our rooms and the spectacular service and amenities that was convenient for you and we were able to serve you.

Its an utmost pleasure to know that you appreciated our location as we aim to focus on providing our guest with a convenient get away from the hustle bustle streets of Bangkok and yet be close to the streets , to further this convenience we have a 24 hour shuttle service,

Thank you for positively pointing out the service and freindliness of our staff. I will surely pass on this to the team as it will serve as an encouragement to continue to maintain a high standard for all guests.

Thank you for recommending Hote Solo and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Overall I was very happy at Hotel Solo, After a long haul flight is soon forgotten as you enter the reception, A very nice warm welcome. The hotel itself is in great condition, well looked after, rooms clean, very nice little touches in your room, fast wifi , tv plus a dvd.
The staff was more than helpful and friendly, We had some room service and I have to say the food was excellent. Tuk Tuk service to get to Sukuhmvit road where a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS. As I said before I was very happy here, Would I go back yes is the answer but sadly I will not because I like to venture onto different parts of Bangkok everytime I go back, But I do highly recommend this hotel.
I only gave 4 out of 5 on Hotel facilities is because the shower only went to luke warm and in the bedroom in needs more light, there is no main light so can become little dull. Apart from that it was a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank jimthai
Dear Jimthai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you had an outstanding stay with us at the Hotel Solo.

Your comments regarding our staff are most appreciated. We invest heavily in training the team to provide first class customer care and make sure our guests leave us feeling they have received exceptional service. I am thrilled that they were friendly, helpful and that they could assist with recommendations. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the shuttle service.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Beijing
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Pros:
- very friendly and helpful staff
- comfortable rooms
- nice design
- clean
- quiet, considering Sukhumvit, the main road can get quite loud
Cons:
- maybe a bit farther away from the main road than I would have thought by looking at the map, but the hotel offersa "tuk tuk" that takes you to the main road fast, perfect for when you are feeling lazy

Dear Hobosan,

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the shuttle service.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

very friendly staffs. they strive to make this hotel in the top 30 TripAdvisor rating. new and clean sheets, bed and pillows. rain drop shower, internet is high speed. absolutely enjoyed my stay. highly recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Xun W
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Xun W,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly glad to hear you stated Hotel Solo as being your favourite as this will serve as an encouragement to us to keep providing such high standards of service.

Equally your comments about the ambience , cleanliness, amenities and the service of our staff were welcomed with delight We cannot thank our staff enough for reflecting at all times the character of Hotel Solo and ensuring our guests are looked after properly.

Thank you for recommending Hotel Solo and we are delighted to be your choice of Hotel again on your next visit.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice hotel and nice people in the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, make me feel like I just in my own home. Thanks a lot ! I have told every friend of mine that the hotel solo is the best choice, and I will go back soon. So see you soon, my solo!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank zhou_yan
Dear Zhou Yan,

Thank you for such kind words for Hotel Solo. We are happy to know you were truly satisfied with our service, facilities and had a very comfortable stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to know that you felt it like home as this is always our primary aim. And you have said it just correctly "My Solo". It is surely your Solo and we will make sure we leave no stones unturned to provide you with the best service of the highest standards only.

Yichang, China
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and treated my children like family.
Shuttle is very convenient. Just five minutes walk BTS Station.
Back to the hotel can also call up the shuttle.
Breakfast is simple, delicious.
Pool very slippery stairs, I fall are still bruising.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are all large bed, no twin.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Huang d,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

I am delighted that you and your family had a wonderful time with us and found the atmosphere to be warm and caring.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that they were extraordinary, discreet and thoughtful. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I am especially pleased that you felt your children were treated like family as this is such a honour to know.

Your positive recommendation is most appreciated and I hope that you return to the Hotel Solo again in the future.

Cape Town, RSA
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Upon my 1st visit overseas and Bangkok being my 2nd stop after Puket, I was feeling quite homesick. But when I walked into the fresh aired lobby of Hotel Solo surrounded by cleanliness, friendliness and well spoken staff, I felt right @ home.
The rooms where modern and fresh and the bathroom filled with all u could need, from earbuds to a sealed razor and toothbrush! Fluffy towels and duvets too.
The food was much more western and always freshly prepared. Pizza dough from scratch, a MUST try! And a cocktail on the rooftop tucked away from the noisy main roads, makes the location well established.
Thank you to all the staff @ Hotel Solo for your effort and kindness.
-L.Briers

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LouisieB
Dear Louisie B,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly glad to hear you stated Hotel Solo as being like a home to you as this will serve as an encouragement to us to keep providing such high standards of service.