“Terrible service!!”

Khaosan Park Resort
Ranked #132 of 732 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms themselves are okay, what you would expect for the $30 or so dollars. I asked for a room on a higher lever away from the road as it is VERY noisy. I wouldn't stay here again because of the staff.. I was in a situation where my travel cards were not working - pretty scary for a single female traveller! I had run out of the cash I brought but asked the staff member who was on if I could use the computer to ensure my cards were activated properly - she demanded 20 baht to which I explained I literally had no money as it was all on these cards but I put down a 1100 baht bond on arrival so of she could please take the 20 baht out of that then I would return it straight away once I got them working. I had no phone credit and was not able to logon my phone etc but she still said no almost laughing about it! I asked what the 1100 baht was if not to cover this accommodation and she just kept shaking her head at me. Pretty disappointing.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Sarah J

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotels on Khaosan generally jump from cheap & nasty, to expensive & ok. This is a good upper mid-range depending on your budget and mindset. Room was clean and spacious with a decent balcony for drying clothes but too unpleasant to really do anything else - no furniture and the aircon unit blows on it. The bathroom could be a lot better. It's tiny and a wet bath with nowhere to hang your towel or set your stuff down. At least add a hook so I don't have to put my towel on the toilet tank. The aircon and TV are good, sheets clean and bed comfy. Big wardrobe and lots of places to put stuff. Location is a bit noisy but that's to be expected if you want to stay on KSR. The wifi is free and good, there are computers downstairs if you need them. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the highlight here. Set up nice and clean - lots of fruit selections, coffee, tea, juice, eggs and toast. One morning we got extra fruit, Thai desserts and 11 and 16 baked beans (respectively, and which I only point out because my partner is English and he found it really funny that we don't really eat baked beans in Thailand) - but I'm not sure what happened the next morning... Anyway, transport from this area is great - short walk to the river and a boat to the BTS is just 15 baht. It's a nice enough place to stay a couple days.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Not super cheap but its a pretty good value. Nice lobby, nice rooms, decent breakfast, great location. I paid about $30/night with agoda. Try to book ahead cause it fills up pretty quick. A decent hotel that isn't quite as good but is similar is Rikka Inn, which is right across the street and has a pool.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed there twice and yes, compared to what you can have in Bangkok, it's a truly good quality/price. The cleaness is done everyday and the rooms were very comfortable, I didn't hear nothing at night. That true, the bathroom is not as like as the " standard "bathroom but you can easily have a shower, the fact is that people can forget they are in Asia.
I recommanded this hotel to my friends and family, they were satisfied too.
The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here for a few nights as the location was pretty handy. Our friend who we are travelling with had a smaller budget so he had to stay just down the road. We have been sharing items such as computers, hard drives and power boards this whole trip. When our friend came to visit us and borrow an adapter from us he was told very rudely that he could not go up. This is fine... That's probably their policy to avoid sex tourism. However from this moment the staff - one woman in particular began to treat us very badly. We kindly asked the lady at reception if our friend could store his bag in our room for a few hours as he was checked out of his hostel and due to get on a bus to go to the airport in an hour. The receptionist began yelling at us claiming we now needed to pay for an extra person for the night. A simple 'No, I'm sorry we cannot allow that' would have been fine. One of the very small bags our friend was holding actually contained the stuff we had been sharing for the trip, hard drives, leads etc, since he was heading home. The lady at reception also began to yell us at warning that she was going to charge an extra person for this bag too if we took it upstairs. We tried to explain to her that this belonged to us too, and eventually she understood but offered no apology just turned away from us. We decided to check out the next day as we just could not handle being spoken to in this manner, when we were remaining very calm and had only been asking politely. The morning we were checking out, she called the room 10 mins before check out and asked if we would be extending our stay, we said no thank you, we are on our way down with our bags now to check out. She again began yelling, claiming that we had missed the check out deadline and we must pay for an extra night. We had not and we're down at reception with lots of time to spare. She then made it difficult for us to get our key deposit back, saying that we needed to keep the receipt she gave us on day one to get our money back. We were never told this. It took about 10 minutes before she shoved the money back at us. We told her that we were still staying in Bangkok but had decided to leave because of the service we had received and we had done nothing wrong. She said Ok bye leave now.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Located on Khaosan road very near to the palace & temples. Unfortunately we were there at a time when the Songkran festival was going on thereby hindering access to the hotel. We had to use the back entrance which was tiresome as vehicles could not ply there..Hotel is neat & clean, very basic. Breakfast is simple & not a lavish buffet. Stay here if you are looking for a budget accommodation and dont expect anything more than basic amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PranayMaini
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I've needed to stay at Khao San Road a couple of times and this hotel, located right in the heart of the craziness, has provided a little bit better base for adventures than the average 350b/night Khao San Road guesthouse. The twin room is nice, clean, spacious and quiet enough and the wifi is quick. Don't bother with the breakfast though.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family