“Rosabieng, pleasant like a train ride in the country”

Rosabieng Restaurant
Ranked #1,327 of 12,316 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The first day I arrive in Bangkok after a period of absence, I do try to get together with a few friends and share a meal on my first night while catching up on life. To that end, and given that not everyone lives centrally, I tend to book a table at Rosabieng. This is a Thai restaurant located on Sukhumvit Soi 11 about 75 yards down on your left hand side as you walk from the main road. It has parking facilities but is easily reached on foot. The restaurant has an outdoor deck seating for approximately 50 or 60 guests, a little canal runs on one side and there is a separate bar and live music. The restaurant has a train theme to it, from the sign outside to the working scale train set inside. There is also seating on three different levels inside the restaurant, including party rooms on the second and third floors. I like Rosabieng because of the relaxed atmosphere it provides in the middle of what is quite a vibrant Soi in Bangkok. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that this is an upscale restaurant because it is not, but nevertheless it is a respectable outlet. Most of the customers seem Asians but I have also noticed a few Westerners. The service is prompt for the most part, with some of the food reaching your table quicker than expected. I often find that whatever I order here, the quality and taste of the food seems good and I always leave with the desire to come back and eat here again. On this occasion the photos uploaded include spring rolls, a fried fish called Pra Kao Tood Radseeiw with Gooay deeo senyai (wide flat noodles), fried prawns and some rice. I ate al fresco, enjoyed the music and I have no hesitation commending the restaurant for its cleanliness including its rest rooms. The service is average. However, the staff seem friendly and my bill was moderately priced. As a matter of fact, you will find that the huge range of 100 plus dishes available will cater for most budgets. Enjoy and post your comments once you have been. Travel safe.

1  Thank Federicoita

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We enjoyed the pad Thai immensely. Good atmosphere. Offers diners choice of eating inside air-conditioned are or outdoors in a garden setting.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We often go for a decent Thai fare. Good value for money. Do not expect great service but certainly a place to meet and eat.

1  Thank mikeinbangkok
Reviewed 24 November 2011

After researching and looking for what I had hoped to be an authentically good this restaurant I settled on Rosabieng with very high hopes.
What a disappointment, the terrace area looks ok and if you can get a seat away from the big screen TV and the band it might be ok, far better than being stuck inside near the weird kiddies train set that can only be assumed the management think is adding something to the ambience, think again guys, try dipping the lights, that might add some ambience for you, why any serious restauranteur would close off his main dining area to the outdoor terrace by blocking the front of the dining room with a toy train set is bizarre.
The food, service, staff and dining experience are all substandard, a northern Thai style roast pork Salad arrives as an oval plate with about a dozen strips of dry chewy pork dumped next to a wilted lettuce leaf, a piece of cucumber is the salad I guess. Dreadful.
If you're a tourist staying in the area and thinking of going because it's nearby, MOVE.....

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I visited this restaurant at the invitation of knowledgeable Bangkok residents. I can safely say that you could pick most dishes off the menu and be assured of the quality of the food. You will not be disappointed.

However, I was somewhat surprised by the limited range of Thai desserts available. For instance, mango and sticky rice was not on the menu the night we dined at the restaurant.

Children will find the restaurant a treat: the name of the restaurant means “train dining car” and the railway theme of the décor includes a model train display running through a Swiss village inside a glass showcase.

We brought our own wine and there was a small corkage fee.