“Great experience and exceptional service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The St. Regis Bangkok
Ranked #14 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great experience and exceptional service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

My wife and 18 month old daughter and I stayed for 2 nights and loved every minute of our time at the St. Regis. Even before we travelled, the concierge returned emails, answered questions and booked a babysitting service for us. We know this is standard for most hotels and especially Starwoods, but they took it a step further when we arrived.
As we got out of our taxi, our bags were taken immediately and we were personally welcomed and guided to the elevator to go up to check in. At check in they informed us that we had been upgraded thanks to our SPG membership and confirmed that our babysitting service was booked. Then one of the staff came by the desk to hand our daughter a teddy bear and welcome us to the hotel. My daughter still walks around with the bear all day long and the gift was a great first impression (we named the bear Regis).
The teddy bear was just the beginning.....when we were personally taken to our room, we noticed that the baby crib was set up and that there was a baby bath tub, baby shampoo, a child's toothbrush and toothpaste, and even a bottle sanitizer already waiting for us in the room!!! We didn't tell them how old our daughter was, so they just prepared for a younger baby, but the effort and gesture blew us away.
I have never experienced a staff as willing and eager to help provide us with directions, restaurant choices, tourist advice (what to watch out for), transportation, etc. We felt like we had been staying at the hotel for a month with as many friendly encounters that we had with the staff in every area of the hotel.

The location is great with easy access to the Skytrain from inside the hotel. The food and breakfast was excellent as well. The only negative we can think of is that the automated lighting in the room was a little difficult to operate, but that could just be user error.

I would highly recommend the St. Regis and if we are ever back in Bangkok, we will be staying there.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

With all the St Regis I stayed around the world, this was the most disappointed stay. Booked a Grand Deluxe Room for 5 nights which were supposed to be rooms facing the Royal Sports Club. Was not given a Grand Deluxe Room upon checking in until I complained but had to wait for another 2 hours until 5:30pm before the room was available. Although they comp me drinks while waiting by the pool side, I was upset with the front desk not telling me the room I booked was not available and tried to get by without telling me.
The room was fine except the bathroom was one of the smallest I've seen for a St. Regis standard with both sinks having problems with the drain. The next morning at 9am we were waken by loud banging and hammering sound. I complained to the front desk and they told me they were renovating the pool directly below my room. I requested them to either stop the noise or change my room as we like to sleep-in the morning and will be very disturbing to be waken up at 9am for the next 4 mornings. I waited for a reply and no one called back and the hammering continued. After 1.5 hours and making 2 more calls, front desk finally told me the GM confirmed that the work will stop at 2pm and they will not have any noise in the morning during the rest of my stay. The noise stopped for a day but started again the 3rd and again on the 4th morning but at a much lower noise level which I did not bother to waste my time to make more complain as it was hopeless and we had better things to do.

The location was excellent with the BTS station connected directly to the hotel but incidents like this is annoying when you know the hotel management could of done something to address the problem. If I did not had prepaid my room, I would of left and gone to another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EAU797
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Last night of honeymoon splurge. Worth it, gorgeous lobby, rooms, and pool area. Butler service was nice, check-in was done in our room. My husband had ordered champagne for us on arrival, and the hotel included a small cake, flowers, and a nice note from the butler congratulating us. We had dinner at JoJo, which was very good. Complimentary glasses of champagne were provided for us at the beginning of dinner in honor of our honeymoon, which was a nice touch. The other restaurants also looked good and we wished we had time to try them all. When we returned to our room from dinner, a bubble bath had been prepared for us. We also splurged on car service to and from the airport, which was wonderful (especially at 4 am when we were leaving). Our room had a good view of the city and of the sports complex. We were here less than 24 hours, but it was a great way to end the honeymoon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

My stay at St. Regis Bangkok was everything you would expect from what is probably the best hotel in Bangkok. The room was big and luxurious. The butler service was prompt, thoughtful and made the stay very unique from the usual 5 star hotel experience. The rest of the staff were excellent as well. Location is very convenient; just walk through the hotel and it is connected to an BTS skytrain station without every needing to walk outside. I would highly recommend staying here if you have the chance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
calcutta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

a very good hotel and new to bangkok. good location as over looks the turf club with so much greenery. attached to the sky train statiion makes travel quick. located in line with 4 seasons and grand hyatt hotels. very nicely done up rooms and spacious. great butler service who are very friendly. food at the turf view restaurant is great too but they have something what is called St Regis water which is chargeable but unlimited mineral water in the rooms in available. quite strange for a hotel of this standard. my father in law got a piece of fish in his vegetarian sandwich which was a let down but they made good fro that. over all a good stay if you want to pay the stiff room rent.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
JN194
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

This hotel is in a slightly less congested stretch in the middle of Bangkok's premiere shopping and tourist district. Chose to stay here this time and splurge a bit to celebrate my birthday. The BTS is easily accessible from the hotel's second floor and is one stop away from Siam Paragon Shopping Mall and the rest of Bangkok. Zuma has great food and service but their chopsticks are the cheap, disposable, snap-apart kinds that you get splinters in your mouth from. Too nice of a place to be using such terrible chopsticks. The Siam Mary at the lobby bar is absolutely delicious and you get a clear view of the race track/golf course. The swimming pool was very nice and servers were very attentive. The butler service was a nice touch but I think they may have been a bit short handed as it was difficult to get through to them sometimes. Didn't use them aside from a shoeshine, as I'm a relatively self-sufficient traveller, but it was a nice, warm welcome upon arrival and the birthday cake/card was appreciated. I had a view towards the Four Seasons/Hyatt/Central World which I very much enjoyed! Highly recommend this view over the race track/golf course as you don't get the excitement of the city from a patch of grass. Only real downsides were: Switching elevators to go to your room was a bit annoying and watch that first step coming in the hotel... especially, if you're stumbling back late after a late night. Overall, had a great stay and a very memorable birthday!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Byron Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed in the St.Regis in a Metropolitan Suite a week after it opened. Despite the fact that everyone was trying their hardest, the place had some teething issues. I was woken in the middle of the night by a wrongly transferred call, service was confusing in the restaurant and a variety of other issues presented themselves.

I advised the GM, Giles Selves about this, who was most understanding, and offered a free night as compensation. We returned a while later and things had really improved dramatically and have just booked in now for our 3rd and 4th stay.

This hotel really fills a gap that existed in the Bangkok 5 star market. Having stayed at The Oriental (Old World, snooty... really should get over themselves), The Pen (inconvenient location, somewhat aging), Sukhothai (stylish, very thai but showing signs of age, not a great location but not too bad), Metropolitan (was chic and modern but after 12 years is dated, also poorly located) and the Four Seasons (bland, old, not up to the international FS standards) I had been yearning for a modern, cutting edge 5 star option.

This place is it. Clean, up to date, technologically slick, well located, good restaurants, great pool setting, pleasing decor.

Anyway, after 2 years at the peak, looks like a new rival has popped up.... the new Okura Prestige.

Tough business, hotels.

Room Tip: metropolitan suites are MUCH better than the standard rooms. Get an upgrade if you can