“Hotel with Style & Service!”

Ranked #13 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kanpur, India
“Hotel with Style & Service!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

St. Regis Bangkok is one of the finest hotels. Cool, Trendy, awesome location overlooking the Golf course/Race Track and connected by SkyTrain, Exceptional service, courteous staff, awesome Butler service.
The suites in this hotel are to die for, especially "Caroline Astor Suite". What a view :-)
Fantastic Japanese Restaurant & Lounge "Zuma"
Not to miss Elemis Spa!
In all, the best Address & Hotel in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Front side will offer great open view of Bangkok. Lot of light & overlooking the Ra...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Bharat76,

Thank you for a review full of kind words, and the time invested in sharing your experience with fellow travelers on Trip Advisor.

My team and I are indeed flattered to be recognized at “The Best Address” in Bangkok, as it is one of the major pillars of our hotel. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed our legendary Caroline Astor Suite, as well appreciated the well-mannered service delivered by our staff and signature Butler Service Desk. Thank you again for placing your trust in us, we remain hopeful we will get to pamper you in near future.

Best regards,

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis Bangkok in late May and had a spectacular experience. The entire staff was extremely gracious and greeted you wherever you turned.

Checking in, I was led by the door men through a large entrance lobby to the elevators that took me to the main lobby. Upon arriving, I was greeted by the front desk staff and welcomed with delicious lemongrass tea--amazingly refreshing.

I was notified that I was upgraded to the St. Regis suite as a platinum member. The room was amazingly spacious with an open dining and living area, separate bedroom, master bathroom, small kitchen, and a separate powder room. Our butler introduced herself to me and she was amazingly friendly offering to help unpack or bring whatever refreshments that I might desire. The beds were amazingly comfortable and I had a great view of the horse track and golf course.

While here, I also tried out the elemis spa, of which only four St. Regis hotels have, equipped with a whirlpool, two saunas, plunge pool, as well as two 360 showers--extremely recommended. The pool area was also very nice with a pool attendant who was extremely attentive and brought water without me having to ask.

The highlight was the breakfast. The most extensive breakfast I have ever seen in all of my travels around the world. There was sushi, a made-to-order omelette station and noodle bar, assorted dim-sum, pastries, Chinese food, fruits, and individually bottled fresh fruit juices. This is definitely not to be missed!

Overall, fantastic stay, fabulous staff, and the best breakfast buffet I have ever had.

Room Tip: Face the horse track
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear dtat33,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Regis Bangkok with like minded travelers at Tripadvisor.com. It is indeed delightful to read your comments with various highlights on areas throughout the hotel in so much details.

We indeed pride ourselves on delivering bespoke, personalized service to our valuable guests and are glad you have recognized the dedication and warmth of the staff at The St. Regis Bangkok. We are flattered to have been able to make your stay a memorable one and is very much looking forward to your return.

Thank you once again for recommending The St. Regis Bangkok to fellow travelers, should you decide to visit us in the future, please feel free to contact me directly as I would be pleased to assist you personally.

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 26 May 2013

St Regis hotel is the standout hotel in Bangkok. I have been to Bangkok several times and have stayed in everywhere from the USD30 a night option to the Peninsula (also a nice hotel but not as good as the St Regis).

Many things make the St Regis Hotel a great place, some of these are:

1. Excellent service. The floor I stayed on had a floor butler who was happy to help you with any request. They also offer a complimentary unpack and pack bag service. Other hotel staff from receptionist to waiters could not be faulted

2. Room quality. First rate, very comfortable bed, decent sized rooms and a high level of quality interior generally.

3. Location. It is centrally located, and you can catch the sky train by walking across a bridge from the hotel. No other hotel can match St Regis for location or ease of getting around Bangkok.

4. Food was fantastic. Awesome breakfast with a wide variety of quality food. Room service food was also of a high standard.

5. Nice pool (a little on the small side but still very nice), great gym and awesome sauna, steam room and cold pool.

If you have the budget, stay here, you will be happy you did.

To be balance, one negative. Spa prices are too high. Stay at St Regis and go externally to a Spa. Kempinski Spa is a good option with better prices.

All in all though, quality hotel and I would live at the St Regis if I could afford it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ChristopherP133,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review full of words of praise, your comments have certainly made our day!

At The St. Regis Bangkok, we pride ourselves on exceeding our valuable guests’ expectations and it delights me to hear we have just succeeded in our aim by turning your stay with us into an extraordinary experience!

Thank for you for showing great appreciation not only for our spacious, carefully furnished rooms and scrumptious, high quality food, but also of our signature Butler and bespoke service – making our hotel the “Best Address” in the City of Angels.
I remain hopeful you will return to The St. Regis Bangkok in not so distant future, and give us yet another chance to pamper you and create lasting memories.
Should you require any further arrangements, I would be happy to personally assist you.

Hong Kong, China

the best in Bangkok..!!

- Clean and tidy room
- breakfast is great (not much choices, but the quality is good)
- great great room service (no matter what time I order coffee, they arrive in 10 mins or less)
- reception is helpful

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darius L
Dear Darius L,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the experience you had at The St. Regis Bangkok.

It gives me great pleasure to hear my team and I have managed to exceed your expectations in terms of room cleanliness, high quality breakfast offering as well as our signature Butler Service.

In the meantime, we remain hopeful you will get to stay with us again in not so distant future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Amaaaaaazing. If you want to be treated like royalty, live in royal quarters, have impeccable service (they were addressing me by my complicated last name in the lobby) - how on earth did they learn my name the first day and I am telling you it is a big property. The SPA is 6 star out of 5. Everything was out of this world. I stayed at the end of my 2 week trip to Thailand and it was breathtakingly the best way to cap off my trip.
This was not just a hotel stay, it was an entire royal and lavish experience.
I wish every day back in LA I received this kind of service and pampering.

Room Tip: omg- the breakfast was amazing/ amaaaaaazing. the room amazing. people amazing. Thank you St Re...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Eric E,

Thank you for your beautiful comments and awarding us the title of “Heaven on Earth”, it is indeed flattering to receive such feedback from a valuable guest like you!

At The St. Regis Bangkok, we pride ourselves on delivering bespoke, flawless service and having elegantly decorated guestrooms – all fit for a royal, just as you kindly pointed it out!

My team and I are delighted to hear we have managed to turn your stay with us into a memorable experience and, remain hopeful we will get to greet you by your very complicated last name in our lobby in not so distant future!

Should you require personal assistance on your future visits to Bangkok, I would be happy to assist you.

Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Thailand is known for service, but the St. Regis goes above and beyond what's already expected. I was always greeted by each employee that I passed, most of them already knew me by name! Such friendly and genuine hotel staff is extremely hard to come by. This hotel is by far the best Starwood property I have stayed at to date. The public areas were clean and kept looking new. I don't recall ever seeing a scratch on the walls, a patch in the carpet or dents in the woodwork.

The food and beverage department has really improved since I was here in July 2012. The breakfast offered more choices for varying tastes, and the cocktail / wine lists were improved. Fantastic choices and reasonable prices.

The room was tastefully decorated, and not gaudy as some BKK hotel rooms are. The room was serviced in the morning and evening (turn down service) like magic. I never ran into the butlers or cleaning staff during my stay (unless the butler was requested for assistance packing or bringing me something particular), something you come to expect with this level of service. I never saw the cleaning staff in the hallways or elevators either.

One item of interest... I don't think I ever shared an elevator with another guest (going to or from the 12th floor lobby), and the hotel was at 100% occupancy during a few days of my stay. This really makes the luxury aspects come to light!!!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. You will come expecting great things and leave with the experience of getting more than you ever expected!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Brian A,

Please allow me to thank you for your feedback full of lovely words; you really did make our day very special!

At The St. Regis Bangkok, we specialize in “going above and beyond” our guests’ expectations, just as you kindly pointed out, and knowing we have succeeded in our primary goal and have turned your stay into a lasting memory brings great joy to my team and I. I am also delighted to hear you have been recognized by our welcoming staff throughout your stay, which is also one of the cornerstones of bespoke service provided at the St. Regis.

Having said that, learning you have appreciated not only the friendly smiles of our staff, discerningly decorated guestrooms and flawlessly maintained public areas, but also acknowledged our efforts aimed towards improving food quality and providing smooth service makes our job worthwhile! Your feedback has been shared with my team, who are beyond grateful for the comments you had to share with us and fellow travelers.

On behalf of The St. Regis Bangkok staff, I would like to invite you to enjoy the tailored, flawless service with us on your next visit to Bangkok, it would be real pleasure to have the chance to pamper you in not so distant future. Should you require any arrangements on your potential future visits, I would be happy to personally assist you.

I wish you an exceptional day ahead!

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

From the time i stepped into st regis BKK, I am so impressed by their impeccable service. On level 12 where the receptionist is, there have lift greeter to assist in every step of your stay.

The hotel room is impressive and beautiful. I am impressed that besides the daily housekeeping once a day, they sent their staff my room in the evening. And once we come back at night, we come back to a neat and clean room.

I told the reveptionist that it is my wedding anniversary and would like to surprise my husband. The next day, they placed a bouquet of flower and a cake for us.

On level 2, there is a connecting walk way to bts. I think it is very thoughtful.

I would surely recommend this hotels to all travelers

• Stayed May 2013
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Dianacheng,

Please allow me to express my sincere gratitude for such kind words on your experience at The St. Regis Bangkok.

Nothing can bring a smile to my colleagues’ and my face better than a guest leaving with a lasting memory of their stay at our hotel! I am flattered to hear you have appreciated not only our magnificent rooms and good connection with the Bangkok Mass Transit system, but also the sincere smiles of Guest Relations Officers and thoughtfulness of our staff, which go an extra mile to make the guest feel special.
Having said that, my team and I remain confident we will get the chance to pamper you in the future, hoping you have made it back home safely!