“the best hotel ever!”

Ranked #13 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Seoul, South Korea
“the best hotel ever!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been st.regis BKK 3 times.
When you enter the hotel, everything goes very well. All staff are really kind and nice.
You can enjoy butler service. They always care everything about your travel. Good advise your travel, nice restaurant, packing-unpacking service, ironing..... It is really awesome service.
Also, there is a good spa 'elemis'. Hopefully you can have a chance to enjoy the best spa in BKK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Youngsung
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Youngsung,

Thank you for your very kind words about your recent stay with us here at The St. Regis Bangkok, as well as for sharing them here on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to hear that our bespoke butler service with our signature packing and unpacking services as well as the rest of our team’s hospitality has met and went beyond expectations. We are always working hard on being uncompromising and personalized in what we do for our guests and I am very happy to learn that we succeeded. Furthermore, it is a pleasure learning that Elemis, the professional, seductive and pampering spa located on the 15th floor of our hotel has been more than enjoyable.

Thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality and for being a repeating guest of ours! I wish to have the chance to welcome you back to The Best Address in Bangkok very soon. Until then, should you have any arrangements that I can assist you with, please let me know and I will be happy to be at your service!

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Transited in BKK for one night and decided to try this establishment. Hotel fittings and services and location is good, but the rooms do not shield you from any noise from adjoining rooms or the hallway traffic from cleaners and the butler slamming doors behind him/her. Tried to get some sleep during the afternoon but was constantly interrupted by the activities inside the hotel hallway and adjoining rooms, both beside and above. I am a grumpy guy when I don't sleep and it was a shame that the hotel management gave me little options to remedy the situation. I have slept better at most 3 star hotels with super hard beds and paper thin walls. Will definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from service doors and the middle of long hallways that have rooms on either side and acro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Peter L
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Peter L,

Despite being deeply saddened by your review, allow me to thank you for taking you time to share your thoughts on your recent experience here at The St. Regis Bangkok.

I truly do apologize for the fact that you were not able to rest in the afternoon during your stay with us. We would have been delighted to let you change room in order to find a quieter one so that you could have been able to sleep. If you ever decide to give us another chance, please rest assured that we will make sure that noise from other parts of the hotel will not be an issue. Please do let us know if and when you decide to visit us again, and I promise that we will make your stay utterly memorable.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated and it will certainly be discussed within the relevant management.

Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently completed a two night stay at the St. Regis Bangkok over my birthday weekend. As a Starwood Platinum member, the hotel provided a special upgrade to a Caroline Astor Suite. Overlooking the Royal Bangkok Sports Club, the suite was luxuriously yet tastefully designed with a mix of traditional Thai and modern Western elements. Without a doubt, this was the most outstanding hotel rooms I've stayed in. Especially impressive was the bathtub and rainfall shower with views of the sports club and beyond.

More importantly, the hotel's hardware is meet and exceeded by the staff that make the St. Regis experience what it is. Throughout the entire hotel: the staff in Decanter Wine Lounge, the front desk manager, and my floor butler, Pentip, each member showed interest in ensuring I enjoyed my vacation in Bangkok. Each one provided suggestions of what to do in Bangkok and how to travel around the city in spite of the 'Shutdown' Protests.

From the little details, such as the birthday cake coffee service on my birthday to the overall St. Regis design and service, this was certainly the most 'complete' hotel stay I've had, so far and sets the standard for comparison. I certainly look forward to the next time I have the opportunity to stay at the St. Regis Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Keane N
Dear Keane N,

First of all, happy birthday in arrears, and thank you for choosing to spend it with us here at The St. Regis Bangkok! Moreover, thank you for your more than kind words about your stay as well as for sharing it with fellow travelers here at Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that our beautiful Caroline Astor suite which we upgraded you to has met and went beyond your expectations. Learning that you, as an experienced traveler and a Platinum member of our loyalty program SPG, put our guest rooms on top of your list is just heartwarming. Furthermore, I am more than happy to hear that our whole team of professional and caring staff has taken good care of you and that you feel pampered with our hospitality in all possible ways. That is exactly how we want your guests to feel!

I am so happy that your experience with us has been completely perfect. Please do let us know whenever you decide to visist The City of Angels again, and we will be more than happy to host you in order to provide you another perfect visit at The Best Address in Bangkok. Until then, I wish you all the best!

Nice
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was our third stay at the St. Regis Bangkok . It can't be a better place in town. From the day you check in until your check out the friendly but very professional staff is greeting with a smile, and call you by your name . Conveniently located within walking distance or one stop on BTS ( direct access on the 2nd floor ) to Siam Paragon mall and its beautiful shops. Butler service is efficient . Good at Viu, the bar and Jojo is very good. Don't forget to treat yourself by ordering the hotel's Mercedes S Class limo for airport transfers, worth the extra spending . We cant wait to return in a near future . Thank you to the people at St Regis for making our stay so unforgettable !

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank NiceRiviera
Dear NiceRiviera,

Allow me to thank you for your overwhelmingly kind words about your stay here with us at The St. Regis Bangkok! It is truly hartwearming to learn that your entire stay, from arriving comfortably in our luxurious Mercedes S Class limousine, until departure back to Suvarnabhumi Airport, has met and went beyond your expectations.

I am delighted to hear that our professional and friendly staffs have taken good care of you, as well as learning that you enjoyed our high quality cuisine and The St. Regis Bar. Furthermore, I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our signature bespoke butler service as well as the convenience of being able to take the BTS or walk straight into the shopping-heart of Bangkok.

As excited as you are to visit us again, as excited are we to welcome you back in a hopefully very near future. Please do let us know whenever you plan your next visit, and we will be more than happy to pamper you The St. Regis way once again!

Singapore
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed for 1 night in the Grand Metropolitan Suite. The room was first class and the check in experience and butler service was awesome. They will try their best to suit our needs.

The suite was very well appointed; with top quality furnishings. However this suite has limited view (If you do not mind the limited view, this suite is suitable for you).

The location of the hotel is also perfect. It is linked to BTS train staion by a sky bridge, and is only 1 train stop to Siam BTS station, where the heart of shopping is.

The only improvement I would like to suggest is to provide free WIFI access in the rooms (currently WIFI access is free of charge in the hotel lobby). Nowadays, 3 and 4 stars hotels in Asia are providing free WIFI access to their hotel guests. St Regis, being a top quality 5 star hotel property, should also consider providing free WIFI access to their hotel guests as well. The guests will appreciate this goodwill greatly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellerSen
Dear TravellerSen,

Thank you for writing such a flattering and kind review on your recent stay with us here at The Best Address, as well as sharing it with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor! I am delighted to hear that everything from arrival, with one of our ever-smiling butlers checking you in conveniently in your room, to departure has been enjoyable.

I am very gladdened to learn that you are fond of our beautiful Grand Metropolitan Suite as well as of our vibrant location close to the BTS which can easily take you around in Bangkok.

Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding free WIFI. It is highly appreciated and please rest assured that it will be discussed within the relevant management.

Thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality, we all look forward to welcome you back in a not so distant future!

Sydney
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Another exceptional stay at the St. Regis. The St. Regis certainly is 'The best address' in Bangkok. We stayed for three nights in February during the 'Shut Down Bangkok' protests. Initially, we were hesitant to return to Bangkok based on the recent instability and media coverage. However, the protests were more reminiscent of markets with live music than a war zone. In fact, we preferred shopping at Siam Central/Siam Paragon due to the reduced numbers of visitors. We would encourage anyone planning a trip to Bangkok to continue with their plans, notwithstanding the current events.

Highlights of our stay:

- The first class service provided by all members of staff (proficiency in english exceeds many native speakers)
- The opulent Breakfast @ Viu
- The excellent Japanese cuisine served @ Zuma
- The beautiful bath prepared for upon arrival by our butler (complete with rose petals)
- The hand penned letter we received from hotel management as returning guests
- Daily happy hour (2-4PM) @ pool bar

We would unequivocally recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bangkok for business or leisure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrcharters
Dear mrcharters,

First of all, allow me to thank you for your recent stay with us here at The St. Regis Bangkok. You are truly valued guests of ours and I, as well as my team are all delighted to have had the chance to welcome you to our hotel more than once. Furthermore, I am exceptionally grateful that you have taken your time to share your thoughts about our hotel with us and with fellow travelers here at Tripadvisor. The fact that you put us on top of your list of hotels in The City of Angels is just heartwarming.

I am happy to learn that your last stay with us met and went beyond your expectations despite the unfortunate situation in Bangkok at the moment and it makes me glad to hear that you yet find Bangkok a worthwhile travel destination.

Moreover, it is a pleasure hearing that the our different cuisines, our seductive infinity pool’s happy ours as well as the small details such as a personalized welcoming card and the bath with rose petals has made your stay more than memorable. Furthermore I am delighted to learn that our professional and caring staff has taken good care of you – after all, the bespoke service is the heart of our hotel.

Whenever you decide to visit Bangkok again, please do let us know. We would all be more than happy to pamper you with our hospitality again, hopefully in a not so distant future! Until then, I wish you all the best on your future travels and endeavors.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Room was very good, location great, breakfast awesome and views amazing. They even performed a great rendition of the phantom of the opera while we were there. However it was a bit on the quieter side and may not suit those looking to live it up in Bangkok night life.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JayDee_HK
Dear JayDee_HK,

Allow me to thank you for taking your time to share your very kind words about your recent stay with us here at The St. Regis Bangkok. It is a true delight learning that your stay has met and went beyond your expectations!

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our carefully designed guest rooms as well as the varied breakfast in VIU. Considering being located in the heart of one of the world’s most vibrating cities, our hotel is indeed placed in one of the more calm parts of the center, with the benefits of overlooking the stunning views of the beautiful Bangkok Royal Sports Club, with the more lively parts of Bangkok conveniently close. Moreover, I am glad that you visited our opera performance in The St. Regis Bar and The Drawing room! It is really something worth visiting.

Please do let us know whenever you decide to visit Bangkok again, and we will be more than happy to host you and take care of any possible arrangements. Until then, I wish you all the best!