“Best hotel in Bangkok by far!!”

Ranked #13 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hello,

Simple: might be the best I've been to!!! Since I'm spending around 60 days per year in hotels....

I checked the other big ones in Bangkok but no...

Everthing is over what you've seen before, breakfast is one of the best with the Setai in Miami!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rorostar
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Rorostar,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for sharing your pleasant thoughts about The St. Regis Bangkok here at Tripadvisor.

It is with great pleasure to learn about your experience here at The Best Address and I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast spread with all the delicious, professionally prepared choices. There is nothing that makes me happier knowing our guests’ expectations have been exceeded during their stay, and it warms my heart to learn that we certainly managed to exceed yours!

We are grateful of being given the privilege of having you as our guest and we would be more than happy to have the opportunity of greeting you as our guest in a not so distant future.

The St. Regis Bangkok

Write a ReviewReviews (2,286)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

one of the best Valentine's day ever! the chef is exceptional and matched all of my dietary requirements! A first in any spg property!
Khun Dear the butler was also amazing!
We loved the race course greenery, and my husband was super happy with the limousine airport transfer!
The only thing I wasn't happy about was that everything was inside, except the swimming-pool which was more of a bucket for me, but I do love to swim in big pools, so I am very demanding.
Still, we had a great time!

Room Tip: choose a room on the Royal race course, not on the street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shakti14140
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear shakti14140,

Allow me to share my gratitude for taking your time to share your valuable opinion on the experience received at The St. Regis Bangkok and sharing it on Tripadvisor and for choosing us as The Best Address here in Bangkok.

I am delighted to hear our chef could fulfill your dietary requirements and that they exceeded your expectations. I would also express my gratefulness for noticing our great talent in our Signature service - the Butler team, and especially in Khun Dear. Khun Dear is one of our many talents and he will be notified about your kind words. Moreover, I am pleased to learn your husband appreciated our limousine service by the Mercedes S Class.

Please rest assured that your gratitude has been conveyed to our teams, and that we are all looking forward welcoming you the next time you will be visiting “The City of Angels”.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed at the St Regis Bangkok during the protest week. Although we can hear the noise but the hotel is far away enough not to be disturbed by the riots and protest.
The room was very comfortable, nice shower. Although the bathroom amenities was not put out, they are available upon request. The butler service was very good. Only thing is the bathroom could install a TV as many hotel of this grade would normally include.

The breakfast was excellent as always as the breakfast in Bangkok. I tried the Thail massage service and it was very good although the price was on the high side.

OVerall, the hotel is the best choice in that area. Also, there is a connecting walkway to the sky train so you do not need to go outside nor walk on the street and then up again to catch it.

Room Tip: I would pick a room facing the Sports Club.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank teenybears

Dear teenybears,

Allow me to thank you for such a lovely comment full of kind words regarding our facilities and the service provided, it is truly a privilege having you as our guest and your comments are highly valued by my team and I.

I would like to express my gratitude for choosing our hotel and Bangkok, in spite of the very delicate political situation, as well as for acknowledging spaciousness of our guestrooms, excellent breakfast spread and for naming us “the best choice” in the Ratchaprasong area.
Your support to what we do means the world to us, and I am very grateful for the constructive criticism provided; we constantly strive towards enhancing the quality of our services, and we will certainly consider upgrading our bathrooms and other technological aspects of our hotel in near future.

Thank you once again for placing your trust in our hospitality, I remain hopeful we will have the chance to welcome you in not so distant future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our second visit to the property. On our earlier visit we had stayed in one of their grand deluxe rooms, which were very nice, on this occasion however, thanks to our 'suite night awards' with SPG they upgraded us to the Metropolitan Suite. For all travelers who assume a suite is an upgraded option I would urge you to review the room before 'accepting' the supposed benefit. In contrast to our friends Grand Deluxe room which was large, spacious, bright and overlooking the swimming pool, our suite comprised of two small sized rooms, overlooking (if not almost attached to) an adjacent building. Apart from blocking off any possible scenic view and natural light, that building in turn peeped right into our room because of which we needed to keep the drapes permanently drawn for privacy. I would not recommend this living option to any of the guests. The next day however they upgraded us to a corner suite overlooking the golf course which was beautiful.
The location of this hotel is a big plus too. Whilst it isn't as convenient as the Erawan and Intercontinental, which lie on the main Ploenchit street, Regis gives you direct access to the Skytrain which connects very efficiently to all parts of the city.
The butler service is very convenient and adds the extra 'being looked after' aspect to the visit. It was wonderful to wake up in the morning and just have to call the butler for a nice cappuccino and steaming cup of tea. On most occasions the service was prompt and friendly.
Laundry was quick and efficient.
Despite all our grand intentions we ended up ordering room service both nights, and the food was excellent on both occasions. The spread at breakfast was good, as was the service.
The St. Regis is consistent and predictable and a hotel I would definitely consider among my top choices when visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnjaliKhosla

Dear AnjaliKhosla,

First of all, allow me to thank you for choosing St. Regis Bangkok as The Best Address, we are truly pleased you chose us once again. I would also like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review and I truly appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to learn you had the use of our Butler service, as we always pledge to provide the most personalized service. I am delighted to learn our complimentary laundry service and our exclusive private dining met your expectations. It is good to learn our convenient location with the direct entry to the SkyTrain was appreciated.

I am sorry to hear your dissatisfaction about our Metropolitan Suite, however I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the corner suite we provided the day after. Moreover, we highly appreciate your feedback, as we always try to improve.

Whenever you return to Bangkok, please do let us now. My team and I would more than happy to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was my first stay at the St. Regis in Bangkok. We have been traveling to Bangkok for over 20 years and I have stayed in most of the main hotels there before.
Overall impression:
Since this is a newer property it is still in perfect shape. Facilities, restaurants and rooms look almost new as well.
Check in, the lobby is on the 12th floor, was a breeze. The rooms are large and you will find anything that you need. Bathrooms are bright, we had a corner room and hence windows on two sides. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms are very quiet. Wifi works well in the whole hotel. The breakfast spread was nicely presented, service was fast, friendly and efficient.
The gym is bright and not crowded. The pool is a bit small, on level 15 like the gym. However there are plenty of long chairs, umbrellas and very comfy sofas.
The famous "Zuma" has an outlet on the main floor, they always serve excellent high end Izakaya food. The mood is relaxed, a DJ spins records later at night.
Location:
As the hotel is located on one of the most prestigious roads in Bangkok there is not much to do around the hotel. However, one can access the BTS (Skytrain) from level 2, this is a great plus. Either you are one station away from Siam (where the big Siam Paragon mall is located) or in the other direction you will reach Silom (the traditional CBD area of Bangkok).
One small incident, I feel that the hotel 'overuses' the word butler. The butler can help you with packing and unpacking, will bring you coffee and tea during your stay etc.
Although the hotel was not busy it took about 15 to 20 minutes to get tea delivered to the room.
However, this is just a small issue and I can highly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to be in a central location and experience overall top notch service.

Room Tip: Corner suites enjoy large windows on two sides,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Notsofar

Dear Notsofar,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write these kind words and share them with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor. It is a true delight to learn that your stay has been more than pleasurable.

I am pleased to learn our new, luxurious facilities met your expectations. Our rooms are indeed spacious with bright, great bathrooms. I am glad to hear you had the use of our highly equipped gym and that both Viu with the delicious breakfast spread and Zuma with its professionally prepared dishes that appealed to your taste.

Never the less, please accept my apology for the late coffee service. We pledge to provide the most efficient, personalized service so allow me to thank you for your feedback.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate contacting me or any in my team, we would be more than happy to assist you. It is a true pleasure for us welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I make between 2-3 business trips to BKK a year, but this was my first stay at the St. Regis. Overall this hotel is deserving of the many plaudits being lavished on it, since it boasts an exceptional location.

There were, however, a couple of incidents which perturbed me.

The most notable incident occurred on the final day, when my girlfriend called the butler to ask that our cotton buds be replenished. The butler replied with a straight face that "the whole hotel is out of cotton buds and we must buy more, so we cannot give you any". A frankly comedic episode which was only resolved when my girlfriend said that we needed them for medical reasons (I recently underwent minor surgery). Then, as if by magic, the cotton buds appeared, not more than 30 seconds later!

Another incident occurred when both our keycards failed on the penultimate day. We were told that there were issues with their system and that it was not possible to issue us with keycards on the spot. Fine, so we went to the pool until such time when they were ready. When they were ready, we were somewhat brusquely told to keep our keycards away from our iPhones in future. Now, irrespective of whether that is the real reason for both cards failing at the same time (I suspect not), I don't really like to be lectured to by hotel staff. Fix the problem and apologise instead of pointing fingers.

We had Valentine's day dinner at JoJo, and were treated very well.

On the second night, we returned late from a wedding and ordered four small plates of room service for midnight snacks. I was alarmed that the bill for these small snacks exceeded the lavish dinner we had enjoyed at JoJo the previous night (if you exclude the prosecco we had there). The prawn cakes were four hard hockey pucks. So - room service - I'd stay away if you get hunger pangs at night.

The poolside area wasn't very inviting. In fact it was very windy and felt a bit hemmed in compared to other hotels in BKK I have visited.

Overall a good hotel but not perfect. Great décor and location, but not the best value proposition in my opinion. Generally, I came away with a good impression but it could have been so much better.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hurtingbombz
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear cobra_awsom,

Thank you for taking the time to rank your experience at St. Regis Bangkok and share it with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor.

The legacy and reputation of St. Regis place great expectations before us, and I regret to hear yours have not been fully met on your recent stay with us. I understand we promise a lot, which has influenced you to have expectations so high, and rightfully so! I am aware we are unable to do much in order to appeal your taste in regards to the design of our pool, nevertheless, I am particularly saddened to hear you did not find our service and In Room Dining to be up to the task.

Having said that, please accept my sincere apologies for the incident regarding the malfunction of keycards and the food quality, as well as the way in which your requests were communicated to you by our staff. I remain confident that this was not the intention of staff in question, as well as that it did not spoil your stay at our hotel.

Nevertheless, should you decide to give our hospitality a second chance on one of your future visits to Bangkok, I would love to be at your service.

Should you require any future arrangements, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, as I would be more than happy to personally assist you.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been st.regis BKK 3 times.
When you enter the hotel, everything goes very well. All staff are really kind and nice.
You can enjoy butler service. They always care everything about your travel. Good advise your travel, nice restaurant, packing-unpacking service, ironing..... It is really awesome service.
Also, there is a good spa 'elemis'. Hopefully you can have a chance to enjoy the best spa in BKK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Youngsung

Dear Youngsung,

Thank you for your very kind words about your recent stay with us here at The St. Regis Bangkok, as well as for sharing them here on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to hear that our bespoke butler service with our signature packing and unpacking services as well as the rest of our team’s hospitality has met and went beyond expectations. We are always working hard on being uncompromising and personalized in what we do for our guests and I am very happy to learn that we succeeded. Furthermore, it is a pleasure learning that Elemis, the professional, seductive and pampering spa located on the 15th floor of our hotel has been more than enjoyable.

Thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality and for being a repeating guest of ours! I wish to have the chance to welcome you back to The Best Address in Bangkok very soon. Until then, should you have any arrangements that I can assist you with, please let me know and I will be happy to be at your service!