“No Hangover...”

Ranked #14 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“No Hangover...”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not the hotel used in the film but i have to say this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. I was treated to a fantastic room, butler service with tea and coffee on tap most wonderful service from great staff. Must make a mention of Tippie the assistant manager who could not do enough to make sure that I was well looked after during my stay. The SPG cheese and wine tasting was also a very nice touch. Great setting. I would not hesitate in recommending and would certainly be staying here again on future trips I can't imagine anywhere better in Bangkok.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the golf course and race track are fabulous.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roger D
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Roger D,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your flattering review full of kind words about your previous stay, and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to learn our spacious, luxurious rooms matched your taste. Moreover, I am delighted to learn you appreciated and noted the bespoke service from our friendly and professional staff, especially from our Assistant Manager Ms. Tippie. Please rest assured your warm words have been passed on.

Never the less, I am glad you enjoyed the wine appreciation we have every evening.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Best Address in the not so distant future.

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The St Regis Bangkok is an amazing amazing hotel !! From the hospitality of the staff to the facility itself ! On arrival you are welcomed with the most refreshing glass of Lemon grass ice tea . By the next day the staff know your name and are always willing to help with any need you might have! The hotel was a great value for money as well! Breakfast was amazing!! Best scrambled eggs I've had In a long long time ! Pastries were excellent! Great proximity to all the places you want to see in downtown Bangkok!! Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank durogoods
Dear durogoods,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your kind words with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to learn that everything from arrival to departure met and went beyond your expectations.

I am pleased to learn our luxurious, carefully designed interior, the unique location and the delicious breakfast buffet all matched your taste. Never the less, I get extra excited when I learn your great appreciation of the friendly, professional staff, as their bespoke service is the heart of the hotel.

We are looking forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back in the not so distant future! Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you are looking for a luxury Hotel in Bangkok, but away from the main tourist crowds, go for it. Modern, well equiped Hotel with Pool, directly connected to MRT and conveniently located for the "real Bangkok life". I have to admit, normally I do not like Breakfast buffets, but this is an exeption.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ALHongKong
Dear ALHongKong,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts about your previous stay with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to learn you noted and appreciated the luxurious, carefully designed interior of the hotel and the unique location with the direct entry to the SkyTrain. Moreover, I am delighted you enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet and that it matched your taste.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not so distant future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. Until then, I wish you all the best!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Living up to the St Regis experience, the hotel car/trip was comfortable and arrival was greeted by the team for in-room check in. Hotel is nicely link via bridge to train station hence very convenient.

Lobby is located upstairs, together with brunch restaurant and drawing room/bar. Room was nicely decorated and great view of the golf course and swimming was most welcomed!

Service was very warm and we had the best Sunday brunch ever! Evening drinks at bar was very pleasurable with multiple delectable nibbles.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LuxJw
Dear LuxJw,

Allow me to thank you for your kind words and for sharing your valuable opinion with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn you appreciated and noted the bespoke service from the staff. I always get extra excited when I receive positive feedback about the employees, as they are the heart of the hotel operation. Moreover, I am pleased to learn the delicious Sunday Brunch, full of appealing choices matched your taste.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if you require any assistance, we would be more than happy to welcome you back to The Best Address in the not so distant future!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Like most St Regis hotels, the St Regis Bangkok prides itself on its service and rightly so. From the bellman to the waitress, from checkin staff to the butler, service is exemplary and (almost) faultless.

The rooms are well thought out and the whole hotel is very comfortable with its opulence, traditional decoration and classic look. The rooms are in good condition, but the appearance looks more to be in keeping with a hotel 8-10 years old, when in fact the hotel is approaching its 3rd birthday. But fast aging is a common problem in Bangkok hotels.

Location is good, the hotel is connected to a BTS station and is one stop from Siam, the main connecting station. You can also walk to the main shopping malls within 10-15 min (central world, paragon).

Some of the rooms have great views - overlooking the racetrack / golf course, but some of the rooms (especially the standard suites - take note SPG Platinum members!!!) directly face a building. I stayed in a suite this time, and was very disappointed with the view.

Pool, gym, spa all what you would expect in a St Regis.

If you are a SPG Platinum, you will get your benefits, but some of the staff seemed to go out of their way to let us know that a lot of Platinum members stay at the hotel. In fact, we were told that this week there were around 60 platinum members ("more than the usual 30"). Frankly, I don't want to be told that. Even if there are 500 platinum members (or whatever level you happen to be), the hotel should make you feel special and should make you feel that they care about your custom - ideally leaving you with the impression (of course, just the impression) that you are the most important person there.

Room Tip: See comments above - avoid the standard suites if you want a view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank T1ggerTraveller
Dear T1ggerTraveller,

Allow me to thank you for your kind words and feedback about your previous stay at The St. Regis Bangkok, and for sharing your valuable opinion with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

We pledge to provide the finest most personalized service, so I am delighted to learn you noted and appreciated the bespoke service provided by our staff. Moreover, I am glad you had the use of the swimming pool, fitness center and spa and they all matched your taste.

Never the less, we are situated in a very unique location with the direct entry to the BTS station and with the view overlooking the Royal Sports Club, it is a pleasure to learn it came in your use.

Furthermore, please accept my sincere apologies for not making you feel as special as you are to us, please do rest assured that you are a valued guest of us. Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team the next time you decide to visit “The City of Angles” and we will be waiting to welcome and pamper you again.

In the meantime, if there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Until then, I wish you all the best!

Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nothing can beat the best when you're talking about the St.Regis hotel Bangkok the most Luxuries Hotel in bangkok .
Am always happy to come back to the St.Regis Hotel Bangkok and stay in my favorite Residence or I consider it my second home in bangkok.
If you are thinking about going to Bangkok , St.Regis Hotel is definitely   the best place to stay.
The Hotel is amazing and beatifull but your stay gets even better with the help and the smile of  wonderful hotel Staff.
Every single aspect of St.Regis Bangkok is more than 5 star .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anwaralyagout
Dear Anwar_kuwait,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for such a flattering review, full of kind words about The St. Regis Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that you noted and appreciated everything we stand for and are proud of here at The St. Regis Bangkok, from the luxurious interior, to the bespoke service of our smiling and helpful staff.

Please rest assured you are a valued guest of ours and we are always looking forward to welcome you back home. Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with.

Until then, I wish you all the best!

Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Hotel was great, as you would expect from a St. Regis. I feel I got what I paid for. The breakfast was great, as was the pool, and service from staff. Room was also nice, but I must say, I was quite disappointed when, as a Lifetime Platinum member (the very highest tier in their loyalty program), I was not upgraded to a suite. I realize that to people that have not reached this level, they may think I am being petty, but if you stay with Starwood long enough to reach that level, you expect the status to mean something. I was told that there was no suite availability, and yet when I got online in the room, I would have been able to purchase a suite, so clearly availability was there. this tainted an otherwise great stay, and as a Starwood member of that level, I will not return to this Starwood property, as I feel they don't properly reward top tier members.

Room Tip: Premium Deluxe Rooms look directly into apartments that aren't more than about 20-30 Metres away...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank welllll
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear wellll,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Bangkok on your recent to Thailand.

We appreciate you for spending time to provide us constructive feedback on challenges. Please accept my apologies for the free upgrade issue that did not meet your expectations and the luxurious standard we aim for at the St. Regis & Starwood. We have taken your feedback into consideration and will look into it further.

We are however very pleased to hear that the service standard of our staff here at the St. Regis, Bangkok and they would like to join me to thank you for recognizing their efforts. We are always appreciative to receive feedback from our guests to further understand how we can meet guest expectations and serve you better in the future.

wellll, whenever you decide to come back to The City of Angels, please do let us know. We would be more than happy to look after you at any time!