“Great location, excellent hotel and services”

Ranked #16 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, first time, after many times at next door hotel. Well, since I paid the same rate per night with next door Four Seasons, I have to say St. Regis is a much better hotel. Very nicely design room, nice view to the park, while the hotel also has direct access to BTS. Also like the personalized check in. Pool is nice also. Did not try the food though, as food outside in various restaurants in Bangkok are too delicious to miss, hence I skipped the hotel restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing BTS/ Sport center/park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Olie92
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Olie92,

Allow me to sincerely thank your for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor. I would also like to thank you for choosing The St. Regis Bangkok on your previous stay to The City of Angles.

I am delighted to learn you noted and appreciated the luxurious rooms, our unique view and location directly linked to the BTS station and the personalized and friendly service which we are so proud to stand for here at The St. Regis Bangkok.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. Never the less, I do hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Best Address!

Best regards,

The St. Regis Bangkok

Write a ReviewReviews (2,162)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this property for one night and wish we had more nights. It was absolute perfection. From the convienent location, to the well appointed rooms, to the excellent service - this place was top notch. Our room was tastefully decorated and had a comfortable bed, strong water pressure, and a great view of the race track/golf course. The hotel's location close to the SkyTrain and near good shopping made this a centrally located option.

We had drinks and appetizers at Zuma and were satisfied tremendously.
Our dinner at Viu was the worst meal we had in Thailand (the lobster bisque tasted like scalded milk) - but this is my only criticism from my experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sasau76
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Sasau76,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts about your previous stay here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn our luxurious, carefully designed rooms, the unique location with direct entry to the SkyTrain and view over the Royal Sports Club all matched your taste. Furthermore, I am pleased to learn you noted and appreciated the bespoke service from our professional and friendly staff.

Moreover, I am saddened to learn about your experience at Viu, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Viu so we can provide a better experience for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. We will all be waiting for you to welcome you back to The Best Address.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the St Regis for 3 nights as part of a week in Thailand celebrating our wedding anniversary. As SPG gold we were upgraded to the Caroline Astor suite which was a lovely surprise and there was a nice card, plate of cake and desserts waiting for us in e room to help us celebrate. The suite is gorgeous, I stay in 5* hotels for work around Asia often and this was probably the most relaxing and well-appointed hotel I've stayed in, worth all 6 stars.
Prior to checkin I had emailed the concierge to arrange our dinner bookings at various restaurants during our stay and all was handled smoothly, one night we had booked a dinner cruise and due to traffic it was unlikely we would make the connection to the boat. The concierge called me 3 times during our taxi ride, spoke to our driver and rang ahead to the boat to make sure they knew we we're still in the way, definitely above and beyond.
Another night when we came home from dinner out our butler had prepared us a bubble bath with rose petals with a sweet card wishing us a good nights sleep, another small thing which was well received.
On the last night we had dinner at Jojo, the in house Italian restaurant on the ground floor. This was definitely the most enjoyable meal of our time in Bangkok, not pretentious, a great vibe, reasonable prices and fabulous service. Our mains took about 20 mins to come out but instead of us having to ask the waiter already realized and we were delivered a complimentary nibble and profuse apologies. On top of that, the dessert we ordered was also taken off the bill and we were offered some homemade eggnog and truffles ( I think everyone probably gets that).
I also had a facial at the in house Elemis spa, a lovely experience in a relaxed environment.
We had such a wonderful stay and is was hard to finally check out and get back to reality, we will definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Caroline Astor suite is a corner room and it's exactly like the photos on the website, great for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrswong78

Dear mrswong78,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your review full of kind words about your previous stay with us. I am pleased to learn we met and went beyond your expectations on this special occasion.

I am delighted to learn you noted and appreciated the bespoke service and that our staff made you feel as special as you are to us. Never the less, I am glad you had the chance to experience our fantastic Italian restaurant, JoJo, with their delicious, seductive dishes and that the Elemis Spa matched your taste. Please rest assured your kind words have been passed on to the respectful departments and they are truly appreciated. Moreover, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to The City of Angles ready to pamper you.

Until then, I wish you all the best!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is by far the best Hotel in Bangkok.

From when you arrive and the bell boys remember you name to the reception staff who are always polite and courteous and impeccably well dressed.

After checking in which is quick and painless you are shown to your room which is well furnished and very comfortable. The Butler service is a great touch and I specially love the earl grey tea.

The Hotel is linked to the Skytrain so its probably one of the easiest hotels to get around Bangkok.

I really cannot rate this hotel any higher. If you thinking of coming to Bangkok and want to get away from all the sex pats then this hotel is the place to stay. Classy and classic.

Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank thesuperlegend

Dear thesuperlegend,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your flattering review full of kind words and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn you appreciated our luxurious design and the staff, who pledges to provide the finest, most personalized service. Moreover, I am glad our convenient location with the direct entry to the SkyTrain came to your handiness.

Never the less, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with, my team and I are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Best Address.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I only used the St Regis for an overnight stay before leaving for a long haul flight to the US. I probably stayed a total of 3 hours in the room between checking in at 5pm, taking a quick shower, and going out to party. As I was making my way to the room I was introduced to the floor butler. In the short space of time I stayed there I made full use of him. He assisted me with directions, he brought me the most wonderful lemongrass tea I've had in Thailand along with some tea biscuits, and he gave good advice on exchanging money and where to get the best rates. He offered to unpack my suitcase but I knew I wasn't staying long anyway. I wish I stayed long enough to enjoy the pool and the spa but if there is ever a next time then St Regis is on my list. As far as distance to activities, the hotel is about a $70 (negotiable) Tuk-tuk ride straight down the road to the party area. It's also only two train stops away from MBK mall. If you want to be close to the action in Bangkok I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ron F

Dear Ron F,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your flattering review full of kind words and for sharing your thoughts about your previous stay with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to learn you had good use of our signature service - butler service, even though you only stayed with us for a short period of time. Moreover, I am delighted to learn your great appreciation of our butler who assisted you during your stay. Please rest assured your great comments have been passed on to the butler team. Never the less, I am pleased to learn our great location was appreciated, with the direct entry to the SkyTrain which can bring you to all the best places in the City of Angels.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. We are all looking forward to pamper you with our bespoke service upon your next arrival.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

While I like to go back to the same hotels where I get constant service, I do like to try new hotels. I stayed here during the protest season so the hotel seemed a little empty. With that in mind, I received 5* service while I was there. I was upgraded to a nice room which had a large bathroom.
The staff was always there if I needed anything.
I spent a couple hours at the pool relaxing and cold water and towels were available. The staff would occasionally bring out small drink samples out to test. While this is hotel is not up to the Four Seasons Standard I have experienced a few times in the past, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted.
In any other major city around the world you would pay over $500/night for this type of hotel. This represents a good value.
The hotel is directly connected the the BTS train system which makes it easy to get around, especially during peak traffic times.
If I had one ask, would be to have more Thai food during breakfast. They have as much western food as you could think of yet the thai offering where not what I like when visiting Thailand.
Once again, great stay, great staff. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cxworldtraveler

Dear cxworldtraveler,

Allow me to thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts about you previous stay at The St. Regis Bangkok with us and fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn you noticed and appreciated our efficient and friendly staff, and that our unique location with direct entry to the BTS station came to your liking. Moreover, I would like to thank you for your feedback and suggestions towards the breakfast buffet, it has been brought up to the Food & Beverage team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with, we are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Best Address!
Until then, I wish you all the best!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not the hotel used in the film but i have to say this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. I was treated to a fantastic room, butler service with tea and coffee on tap most wonderful service from great staff. Must make a mention of Tippie the assistant manager who could not do enough to make sure that I was well looked after during my stay. The SPG cheese and wine tasting was also a very nice touch. Great setting. I would not hesitate in recommending and would certainly be staying here again on future trips I can't imagine anywhere better in Bangkok.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the golf course and race track are fabulous.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Roger D
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Roger D,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your flattering review full of kind words about your previous stay, and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to learn our spacious, luxurious rooms matched your taste. Moreover, I am delighted to learn you appreciated and noted the bespoke service from our friendly and professional staff, especially from our Assistant Manager Ms. Tippie. Please rest assured your warm words have been passed on.

Never the less, I am glad you enjoyed the wine appreciation we have every evening.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Best Address in the not so distant future.