“Fantastic”

Ranked #14 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This review is a little late but I'm sure the St. Regis is still fabulous. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. Very comfortable bed. Fantastic bathroom. The breakfast was very delicious - love hotel breakfasts in Asian hotels. The Thai massage at the spa was really really wonderful - highly recommend the Thai massage after a long day of sightseeing. We were very glad to choose the St. Regis over the Four Seasons (right next door) as the Four Seasons' accommodations are a bit dated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 588katep
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Kate P,

Allow me to thank you for your review full of kind words about your previous stay with us at The St. Regis Bangkok and for sharing your valued thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to learn our spacious, carefully designed rooms, and the delicious breakfast spread matched your taste. I am also pleased to learn you enjoyed Elemis spa.

Never the less, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not so distant future!

The St. Regis Bangkok

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were in Bangkok to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were lucky to have selected the St Regis. The staff was exceptionally attentive and went out of their way to make our stay as memorable as it gets. The hotel location is great and the suite was sublime. The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast area which felt like a school cafeteria at times.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lebmajor

Dear Lebmajor,

Allow me to thank you for your flattering review full of kind words about your previous stay with us, and for sharing your valued thoughts with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality for this special occasion, and I am pleased to learn we managed to meet your expectations. Moreover, I am delighted to learn you appreciated the bespoke service form our friendly staff. Never the less, I am saddened to learn the breakfast did not match your taste. Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your feedback, as we always try to improve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. We are all looking forward to welcome you back in a hopefully not so distant future.

The St. Regis Bang

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my second time I stay in this great hotel, I decided to start my honeymoon from this luxurious place, I reserve st.regis suite, when we arrived we found beautiful gift upgraded for Caroline Astor suite, the service was amazing specially the butler service & the front desk thank you for unforgettable experience

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Motaz1

Dear Motaz1,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your kind review full of warm words about your previous stay with us at The St. Regis Bangkok and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor.

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing The St. Regis Bangkok to celebrate your honeymoon, and I am glad to learn you appreciated the upgrade. Moreover, I am delighted to learn our staff met and went beyond expectations to make this a memorable and special experience for you.

Never the less, we hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Best Address in the not so distant future! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with any arrangements.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, first time, after many times at next door hotel. Well, since I paid the same rate per night with next door Four Seasons, I have to say St. Regis is a much better hotel. Very nicely design room, nice view to the park, while the hotel also has direct access to BTS. Also like the personalized check in. Pool is nice also. Did not try the food though, as food outside in various restaurants in Bangkok are too delicious to miss, hence I skipped the hotel restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing BTS/ Sport center/park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Olie92

Dear Olie92,

Allow me to sincerely thank your for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor. I would also like to thank you for choosing The St. Regis Bangkok on your previous stay to The City of Angles.

I am delighted to learn you noted and appreciated the luxurious rooms, our unique view and location directly linked to the BTS station and the personalized and friendly service which we are so proud to stand for here at The St. Regis Bangkok.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. Never the less, I do hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Best Address!

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this property for one night and wish we had more nights. It was absolute perfection. From the convienent location, to the well appointed rooms, to the excellent service - this place was top notch. Our room was tastefully decorated and had a comfortable bed, strong water pressure, and a great view of the race track/golf course. The hotel's location close to the SkyTrain and near good shopping made this a centrally located option.

We had drinks and appetizers at Zuma and were satisfied tremendously.
Our dinner at Viu was the worst meal we had in Thailand (the lobster bisque tasted like scalded milk) - but this is my only criticism from my experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sasau76
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Sasau76,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts about your previous stay here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn our luxurious, carefully designed rooms, the unique location with direct entry to the SkyTrain and view over the Royal Sports Club all matched your taste. Furthermore, I am pleased to learn you noted and appreciated the bespoke service from our professional and friendly staff.

Moreover, I am saddened to learn about your experience at Viu, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Viu so we can provide a better experience for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there is anything we can assist you with. We will all be waiting for you to welcome you back to The Best Address.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the St Regis for 3 nights as part of a week in Thailand celebrating our wedding anniversary. As SPG gold we were upgraded to the Caroline Astor suite which was a lovely surprise and there was a nice card, plate of cake and desserts waiting for us in e room to help us celebrate. The suite is gorgeous, I stay in 5* hotels for work around Asia often and this was probably the most relaxing and well-appointed hotel I've stayed in, worth all 6 stars.
Prior to checkin I had emailed the concierge to arrange our dinner bookings at various restaurants during our stay and all was handled smoothly, one night we had booked a dinner cruise and due to traffic it was unlikely we would make the connection to the boat. The concierge called me 3 times during our taxi ride, spoke to our driver and rang ahead to the boat to make sure they knew we we're still in the way, definitely above and beyond.
Another night when we came home from dinner out our butler had prepared us a bubble bath with rose petals with a sweet card wishing us a good nights sleep, another small thing which was well received.
On the last night we had dinner at Jojo, the in house Italian restaurant on the ground floor. This was definitely the most enjoyable meal of our time in Bangkok, not pretentious, a great vibe, reasonable prices and fabulous service. Our mains took about 20 mins to come out but instead of us having to ask the waiter already realized and we were delivered a complimentary nibble and profuse apologies. On top of that, the dessert we ordered was also taken off the bill and we were offered some homemade eggnog and truffles ( I think everyone probably gets that).
I also had a facial at the in house Elemis spa, a lovely experience in a relaxed environment.
We had such a wonderful stay and is was hard to finally check out and get back to reality, we will definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Caroline Astor suite is a corner room and it's exactly like the photos on the website, great for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrswong78

Dear mrswong78,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your review full of kind words about your previous stay with us. I am pleased to learn we met and went beyond your expectations on this special occasion.

I am delighted to learn you noted and appreciated the bespoke service and that our staff made you feel as special as you are to us. Never the less, I am glad you had the chance to experience our fantastic Italian restaurant, JoJo, with their delicious, seductive dishes and that the Elemis Spa matched your taste. Please rest assured your kind words have been passed on to the respectful departments and they are truly appreciated. Moreover, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to The City of Angles ready to pamper you.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is by far the best Hotel in Bangkok.

From when you arrive and the bell boys remember you name to the reception staff who are always polite and courteous and impeccably well dressed.

After checking in which is quick and painless you are shown to your room which is well furnished and very comfortable. The Butler service is a great touch and I specially love the earl grey tea.

The Hotel is linked to the Skytrain so its probably one of the easiest hotels to get around Bangkok.

I really cannot rate this hotel any higher. If you thinking of coming to Bangkok and want to get away from all the sex pats then this hotel is the place to stay. Classy and classic.

Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank thesuperlegend

Dear thesuperlegend,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your flattering review full of kind words and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn you appreciated our luxurious design and the staff, who pledges to provide the finest, most personalized service. Moreover, I am glad our convenient location with the direct entry to the SkyTrain came to your handiness.

Never the less, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with, my team and I are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Best Address.