“Room not made up after at 5pm!”

Ranked #13 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Room not made up after at 5pm!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Extremely disappointed to arrive back from an all day of sight seeing to find the room not made up at 5:15pm. When I inquired about this the front desk told me that when there are high occupancy room service can be delayed. Sorry this is unacceptable for the St Regis.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank AmericaninAsia1
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear AmericaninAsia1,
I would like to thank you for your recent review about the St. Regis Bangkok, and for sharing your valued thoughts here on Tripadvisor, in order to give us the opportunity to perfect our hospitality.

First of all, I would like to apologize for this inconvenience you have been facing concerning your room make up. Moreover, it is true that what the front desk answered to you is not permitted, may you please accept my apologies, I will personally take care of this issue.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated. Finally, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team, if there is anything I could do regarding your experience.

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The St Regis is the latest addition to the prestige hotel stripe along with the Four Seasons and Grand Hyatt, Everything was as expected of a St Regis: The classy elegant interior, the high quality finishing, the measured and composed service team, the premium quality food and beverages, the pampering butler service, the rooms with the view etc.. They even have a walk way connected directly to the Skytrain. Almost perfect except coming short of a Wow. If you value premium, safe, mature and consistent hotel experience, this is a good value offer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Xexplorer
Dear Xexplorer,

I would like to thank you for your recent review about the St. Regis Bangkok, and for sharing your thoughts here on Trip advisor with fellow travellers.

Firstly, I am very pleased to learn that the design, the interior and the elegant atmosphere of the St. Regis Bangkok found you well, and met your expectations. I am also extremely delighted to read that the butler service of the St. Regis, has been pampering you, in fact, we try as much as possible to provide an uncompromising experience to each one of our guests.

Furthermore, I hope that you have been using the direct access to the Sky Train as much as possible, as it is one of our seductive services we provide to our costumers.

Finally, please do not hesitate to contact me, if there anything I could assist you with. Until next time, I wish you all the best!

canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I just stayed at the St. Regis for 3 nights with my 16 year old son. It was supposed to be a one night stay, but we loved the hotel so much that we extended for two extra days.
We were upgraded to a Caroline Astor suite. All I can say is WOW!
It was without a doubt the most luxurious room I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. All of the furnishings were beautiful.(and I'm a male that would generally not notice these type of things). The view from every room was fantastic. We were overlooking the golf course and racetrack. It was fun to watch the horse races from our room on the Sunday.The view is very relaxing as the racetrack and golf course give expansive views with lots of green and a view of the skyline.
We love breakfast and this hotel did not disappoint. Everything was of the highest quality and equivalent to any high end restaurant. There was fresh squeezed juices, cappuccino, Thai food, dim sum, sushi, high end smoked salmon,pastries, and western breakfast. Most items were constants but the Thai selection changed every day. The only problem was not eating too much.

The only thing that was weak was the Platinum happy hour offerings at Jojo's. The snacks, while good, were identical for the 2 times we went. We skipped the third night because of this. However the manager of Jojo's, Daniella, was delightful. She gave us invaluable travel trips for the rest of our holiday.

The location was great too. It is really convenient to walk directly from the hotel to the Skytrain.

I would also like to thank Jovana for her outstanding service. Every once in a while I meet a Starwood employee that is clearly going somewhere. Jovanna will be managing a Starwood, or another hotel one day. She just has it all. service, personality and the ability to foresee and solve problems.She truly cared and wanted to ensure that we had a perfect stay;which we did.

This hotel is more expensive than most Starwood properties, in Bangkok, but was worth the splurge.
canalskater is online now Alert a moderator to this post

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank canalskater
Dear canalskater,

Allow me to thank you for your recent and very sensitive review. I would like to thank you also for sharing your thoughts with fellow travellers here on Tripadvisor.

First of all, I am truly pleased to learn that, your Caroline Astor suite found you perfectly and that you have been enjoying the benefits that the latter has. It is also a pleasure to learn that you have been adding two extra days stay in our address, thank to the fact that you loved the hotel. I hope also that you took the time to enjoy the magnificent view from your room during these 3 days.

Moreover, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about the restaurants of the hotel, we are delighted to read that you have been amazed by each one of your meal, here at the St. Regis. However, concerning the Platinum amenities in the Jojo’s restaurant, I thank you for your personal opinion, and will share it with my colleagues.

Finally, thank you very much for reviewing about the staff of the St. Regis Bangkok, it is always a pleasure to read reviews that show how much staff cares about costumers. I will make sure to share with Daniella and Jovanna your very sensitive and overwhelming review.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team. Until next time, I wish you all the best!

New Zealand
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

While visiting my son in Hong Kong he brought me to the St Regis for the weekend. The hotel was everything he said it was. We had a wonderful weekend. My room was gorgeous, so luxurious, with everything most tastefully presented. The view out over the racecourse/golf course is most peaceful to gaze upon. We were spoilt for choice at breakfast. We took our time, spent a couple of hours drinking good coffee, choosing from the freshest of foods that the chefs were cooking on the spot and soaking in the ambiance. The pool area is a lovely place to relax for a couple or more hours and the hotel itself is closely located to some excellent malls and of course has the skyrail is right at the door. An amazing place to stay, The management and staff are extremely attentive to detail but so discrete. They just anticipate what is needed. Loved my weekend at the Regis and understand why my son and his wife love using the St Regis as their weekend getaway.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Nzgk
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Nzgk,

Allow to thank you for your very interesting and detailed review about our address, and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor,

I am extremely glad to learn that your overall stay amongst us didn’t disappointed you, and that you have been enjoying each different section from it. I am also delighted to read that you found the pool area suited you well, and our direct connection to the BTS Sky Train was for you extremely helpful,

Moreover, I would to thank you for giving the staff and management this recognition, it is true that in St. Regis Bangkok we try to bespoke each of our guests. What a pleasure to read that your son and his wife are being loyal to our address.

Finally, do not hesitate to contact me or my team, if there is anything I can assist you with.

Until next time I wish you all the best!

London
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the newest hotels in Bangkok, situated close to the business and shopping hub and the most expensive area of Bangkok but further enough to feel like a santuary when you are in the hotel. The fact that Obama stayed here on the only night he bisited Bangkok should say it all.

Whats more? The view is unbeatable for the location. Not only that you will see the skyline but also that huge horse rscing stadium opposite. My friend and I had an afternoon tea in the Salon, one of hotels restaurants on Sunday afternoon and we were lucky to see the horse race too without having to queue up for tickets or sitting in the heat :). Staying there or not, you should definitely go for their afternoon tea set. I like that they offer both thai and western selection. Snacks are delicious and tea really good. Try the local thai herbal teas. Just wonderful and refreshing.

Modern chic decor. Good service. And easy to commute. Many expensive shopping malls nearby too if you like to check that out or just browse around. All within walking distance or an easy 1 station hop on the train just outside hotel front door. As well as the local night markets of silom and siam.

Oh there is the main park nearby too if you feel like burning off thst afternoon
teaset. Its a lovely park. I run there a couple of times. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Schweiztraum
Dear Schweiztraum,

Allow me to thank you for your pleasant review and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Trip advisor,

First of all, I am truly pleased that you have been enjoying having tea at our address, as we try to keep the tradition of the Astor family in New York back in the 1900’s. I am also glad to learn that you had the opportunity to admire a horse race from the St. Regis bar.

Moreover, thank you for appreciating our design and decoration, as we want to be an uncompromising address in Bangkok. I am also delighted to read that our location suited you perfectly and that our direct access to the sky train facilitated your stay amongst us.

Finally, do not hesitate to contact me or my team if there is anything I can assist you with.

Until next time, I wish you all the best!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 July 2014

When staying in a busy city like Bangkok it is great to go back to a quiet and beautiful hotel like St Regis. Location is a bit far away from the river and most attractions. But the atmosphere pays back.
The restaurants are great and the pool area is just beautiful.
Suits are spacious. And the butler service at St Regis was great here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alfbendik
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Alfbendik,

Allow me to thank you for your review about your previous stay in the St. Regis Bangkok, and for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the calm, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere in our address. Moreover, it is true that we are not located by the river, but thanks to our direct access to the BTS Sky Train, you can get there easily. Furthermore, I am glad to learn that you found our pool area beautiful and I hope you have been enjoying it enough. I am also delighted to see that you found the butler service great, as it is one of the St. Regis signature.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything that I can assist you with.

Until next time, I wish you all the best!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at St Regis and the hotel while visiting for business and I can say it did not disappoint. Arrived very late and greeted by very friendly reception. Fast efficient check in, and later breakfast service was again delightful with view out over the golf coarse come race course come sporting fields. Lovely outlook. The rooms are comfortable and generally luxurious with riske bathrooms in some corner rooms with showers and baths looking out through floor to ceiling windows. Transport including door to door train access is brilliant and staff ensure taxis know where to go if you do not speak Thai. This is again recommended as a great hotel in great location. Second visit just got better.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank tedegan1
Dear tedegan1,

Allow me to thank you for your review, and taking your time to share your thoughts with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor.

Firstly, I am really pleased to learn that you have been enjoying your second visit in our address. Our efficient front office team, certainly made your stay even more delightful. I am also glad to learn that you have been appreciating your bedroom and the restaurant view, which is overlooking the Bangkok Royal Sports Club.

Moreover, I hope you have been using many times our direct link to the BTS Sky Train, as we are the only address in Bangkok to provide such connection.

At last, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with, we are all looking forward to welcome you back in a not so distant future.