“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #391 of 650 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Purmerend, The Netherlands
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I like the rooms there. Only thing is we got extra charge for the mini bar that we did not consume. But partly also our fault for not checking when we check in. The only thing is that there seems to be may empty facility when i stay during april and july. Would be great if there is a small business center

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tibsterek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
visakhapatnam
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Situated Ratchadapisek road, offers easy access to all major entertainments and shopping centers via MRT Subway. Close to the Airport Expressway, Airport City Link and BTS skytrain. Archetecture in contemporary modern architectural style ,outstanding amenities and services Good choice for business or leisure stay. Friendly staff.

My hotel had wireless internet access, Bathroom with rain shower stall
Bathroom amenities, bathrobe and slipper Hair dryer, IDD telephone, Individually controlled air – conditioning, In – room safety deposit box Flat screen LCD 32” with DVD player • Complimentary coffee & tea making making facilities, complimentary bottle of drinking water daily

Cons- Number of TV channels to less

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank drraghuprakash
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Welcome drink upon arrival. Booked a Deluxe room w/o breakfast with Agoda.com stay for 2 nights (with the discount equal to one night indicated) however I was upgraded to Pietra Suit! Staffs at the front desk and concierge were nice, helpful, smiley and friendly. Concierge staff guided me to the Suite, and showed me all the amenities in room with smiles. Pietra Suite, Bedroom with TV & DVD player, living room, pantry & a dining table for 2, Bathroom (shower only no bath tub) with amenities and walk-in closet, and a private balcony. Bed, pillows & duvet were big and comfy. Free wi-fi (very fast) available in-room; bring your own computer notebook. Bathrobes and slippers provided, including safety box in the closet. Pantry with big fridge (mini bar with surcharge), plates & bowls including cutlery, microwave oven, electric kettle, tea & coffee sets. Free 2 bottles of drinking water daily. With all mentioned appliances, we can buy snacks, meal boxes, breads, pie etc to heat-up for a nice & cozy breakfast or teatime in room. Hotel is right next to the Grand Ayudhaya Hotel, at the corner of Soi Rachadapisek 18, and opposite to Poseidon (bath & massage). Hotel is a few mins walk to ATM, 7-11, bank, Starbucks Coffee, local market. Sutthisan MRT station (underground) is about 10mins walk pass front of the market. Many department stores and restaurants near the area.
Cons - Hotel is not well-known, so no one ever heard of it, but just mentioned to taxi driver "Soi Rachadapisek 18 and opposite Poseidon" all taxis would know where to go. We went out one morning and left the "Make up room" sign but when returned, room still unclean, perhaps because the Suite is on the other building. So had to call up for changing towels & amenities. Hotel staff might need more training for professional work and improve the service, although not a big problem because they are friendly and helpful. I did not try any food outlet there, so no comment.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patrick-syd
Mumbai
Reviewed 16 March 2011

New hotel with spacious well furnished room tastefully done up which creates a very good impression. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Good choice of English and Thai Channels. Good variety of breakfast menu but repeated every day and gets boring after a few days. A short walk to MRT station and can access most of the shopping centres and other attractions by MRT and Sky Train in order to avoid the heavy traffic.
Guests are offered 20 minutes complementary spa voucher and 20 percent discount on all spa treatments at the Hotel Spa. Free and fast wifi is available in the room.
There is no coffee table in the living room and also no suitable luggage rack in the room. Being a new hotel most taxi drivers are not familiar with the name of the hotel in spite of showing the Booking Voucher with the name and address written in local language. We had to call the hotel and make them give directions to the driver. Hotel is opposite Poseidon known to all drivers.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJMumbai
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I stayed in the hotel for a few nights last October. The location was great (for me!!)! A MRT station was about 5 min. walking distance away. The rooms were nice and spacious.. but the lightning was very poor in the room... some people need to work from the room... There is a small kitchen, with a fridge and a microwave... coffee/tea facilities etc.

When I checked out.., obviously, there was a laundry bag missing... ?? But I havent seen a laundry bag during my entire stay in that hotel, so I told that at the FO. The lady who was on duty, did not believe me: and she starts calling someone..??? I felt unbelieved: so I asked her, wether I have to open my luggage here in front of her at the lobby.. She said no and told me that some guests do think that those laundry bags are to take away.. and asked me again if I took it with me..?? and she starts making another phone call in her own language, which I do not speak/understand..?? (very impolite anyway...)
Even after I told heer again, that I havent seen any laundry bag of Pietra Hotel!!! but she did not let me leave the hotel as well.. so I start opening my luggage in front of 7 other people, who were staring at me!!!
And asked her to have a look herself in my suitcase after I showed her where I put in my 'laundry clothes' !! She refuses to have a look herself in my suitcase.. and the bell boy helped me to close all my luggage again... by than they only allow me to leave the hotel...!!!

3 Thank DACHALADACHA
visakhapatnam
Reviewed 21 November 2010

A Clean, Value for money Hotel. Providing star facilities with budget hotel rates. Its a new hotel, staff friendly and ready to help with a smile.
Rooms were spacious, neat clean and stylish... as shown in the pictures..even better... 32 inch TV... DVD, well stocked bar, good ambiance ... quiet hotel ... waking distance to Robinson, future park, lots of fast food joints if you enjoy thai food, 7/11 just a block away, great spa attached, lots of entertainment and clubs close by. Shopping, entertainment within walking distance. Robinson, Big C mall close by. 7/11 at stone throw distance. They have a good spa on the 10th floor.

1 Thank drraghuprakash
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stayed in Pietra Hotel from Oct. 21st - 24th. 2010 At first sight the hotel looks good/modern. Actually it opens only 9 months ago. The rooms are ok, but NOT that clean as it looks when you just entered the room. I had one of the suites, so apart from the cleanliness, no complaints about my room. Good free Wi-Fi connection in the room. It has got 'everything' you could need during your stay. Except a laundry bag!! Not that I needed it, but that stupid bag caused a lot of problems upon check-out at the front office!! When I gave my key card back to the FO staff on duty (Ann with fluor coloured contact lenses!!) she asked me about the laundry bag,,, Which I have never seen in the room during my stay!! So I told her that, than she replied me with.. well.. some people they think they can bring it with them for free, but that is not true, because it belongs to the hotel.. I told her again that I havent seen any bag during my stay and because of that, I am using a plastic laundry bag from another hotel!! But she obviously didnt believe me, and start calling ... somebody with her mobile phone..?? and kept me waiting and waiting... I asked her if I have to open my suitcase so she can check herself.. By that time, there where about 6 staff members looking at me...And they spoke to each other in the thai language, which I do not speak nor understand!!
She said no need, but I was not suppose to leave either... So that was very emberasing for me.. After a while (5 - 10 minutes).. I opened my suitcases myself and showed them where I have put my dirty clothes.. and told her to be my guest and check my suitcases herself ... She did not, and after I closed my luggage I was suppose to leave... thank goodness!!!
I told her, that she did not handle 'the problem' in a professional way.. as you may expect for a front office staff member...
For me it was a horrible experience... being treated as a 'laundry bag' thief!!!!

2 Thank DACHALADACHA

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels