“Amazing place tainted by an awful experience of stolen money and lack of resolution afterwards.”

Tower Club at Lebua
Ranked #53 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My booked here for two nights here and I the room was beautiful with a nice view of the city. The room is spacious and beautifully presented. I have no complaints about the room itself. There isn't much around it while construction below the hotel meant it had a incomplete feel to the overall facility.

However it appears that money was stolen from our room. It wasn't much but the fact that money was missing was disturbing. Upon checking out and informing the manager on duty, the manager promptly said he would look into it and I gave him my contact details. I have yet to hear from him or the hotel since. I also contacted them weeks after to see if they could follow up on this incident and again I have received no response at all.

Whatever positives this hotel had is tainted by the negative experience I had after. Stolen money is an unfortunate occurrence, but the way I have received no communication afterwards tells me that as soon as I checked out, the matter was settled for them and did not care enough to investigate it further.

I wouldn't want to imagine if something even more serious than this happened, and what sort of action the hotel would do to address the issue.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arthur N
Marco M, General Manager at Tower Club at Lebua, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Mr. Arthur N,

Thank you for your feedback informing us about your experience during your recent stay at our hotel.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Tower Club at lebua is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

I was therefore concerned to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to apologize for all inconvenience this experience has caused you and will be in contact with you directly.

We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back and we will do our utmost to guarantee the high standard lebua Hotels and Resorts are well-known for.

Yours sincerely

Marco Metge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My friend booked this hotel while we stayed in Bangkok and I asked him why he would do so without reading reviews or anything like that. He replied with the only acceptable answer "It's where The Hangover 2 was filmed, so that's where we are staying". I have to admit I never watched the movie until we left Bangkok.

My friend booked a deluxe room for three people. We arrived at the hotel at about 12:00pm which, is 2 hours before check-in time and was told that we would need to wait. So, we asked for a restaurant recommendation off to the restaurant we went.
We never ended up gong to the restaurant but, instead got scammed right outside of the hotel by some tuk-tuk drivers and taken to a restaurant that should be featured in Tv show ScamCity. I told my friends never to trust any of the tuk-tuk drivers and guys hanging out on corners for recommendations. We went any way as a pointed all the tell-tale signs of scams, everything from the trip to the restaurant to the whole experience. They couldn't believe what was unfolding before their eyes and the size of the operation of this scam. Later that night the receptionist informed my friends to not trust any of the people out on the road. lol

When we got back at about 3:00pm we still had to wait until 5:00pm as long with what seemed like 40 other people in the small lobby. I am sure there were a lot more people but, like us they went off to a restaurant. They said they would upgrade our room to a higher level which turned out to be to the Tower Club. It sure was worth it as the room was spacious and had an excellent view Bangkok and riverside on the 52 floor. The room included a free breakfast which was one of the largest I have seen, also right next to the great swimming pool. the gym was excellent and large and had a great view that has ceiling to floor glass walls looking out to the great pool. The room also included passes to a lounge that served free snacks and alcoholic drinks until 6pm.

The bell hops and taxi callers at the hotel are fantastic too. The staff makes sure that you get a cab that will run the meter so you get charged accordingly. Before, you get into the taxi the staff will give you a card with the license plate of the taxi if any funny business were to occur. The best part is when you get out of the taxi they put their head in and turn on a torch light to make sure that you didn't leave anything in the cab.

The rooftop bar is supposed to be the highest open air bar in the world and was featured in the Hangover 2. It was quite impressive as the views from the bar and the restaurant was amazing. However, they don't let you take pictures from anywhere but, the actual bar itself. The bar is also insanely crowded when everywhere else you look has open space off the bar platform. It was like being in a college bar 60 something stories up packed in shoulder to shoulder, with only a stomach height piece of glass holding everyone in from falling off the building.

Overall the hotel and everything they had to offer was great. But, there are definitely better hotels that could be had with more spacious rooms at a lower cost according to when I talked to other people.. Lebua is 10 years old which doesn't seem old to me but, many people would argue otherwise.

Room Tip: definitely book on agoda.com as it's half off the hotels listed price, it could save you $150-$4...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank chinqy
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I checked in Lebua at Club Tower last year with my family and we were travelling with my mother. We had booked two rooms with river view. During check-in we requested adjacent rooms as we were travelling with our kids and it would have been difficult to manage with two rooms far apart. But there were no adjacent rooms available and the hotel Manager was courteous enough to upgrade our two rooms into a 2 Bed room suite so that we can manage comfortably.
The food was great and the breakfast was an elaborated one. The open bar on the 69th floor is an awesome and during the whole stay there it was only my 4 years old daughter who had a complaint, which was against the lady who did not allowed her to visit the Sirroco Bar in the open terrace on the 69th floor as the kids below 7 were not allowed.

The hotel had number of options for selection of pillows to sleep as per your requirements. The toiletries were of Acca Kappa and the services were excellent.

I would love to stay again if i visit the City.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MOHIT_365
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed at the Tower Club @ Lebua for 2 days on the 13th April 2013 and I can honestly say it was a pleasurable experience.
On arriving, I made a couple of requests which would make our stay more enjoyable and the check in staff came back to me immediately and provided me options. After speaking to friends who were with us in Koh Samui, they too decided to book Tower Club rooms and enjoyed the experience as much as we did.
Tower Club Rooms
The TC rooms were spacious with living and kitchen area (Nespresso machine is great). The bathroom was big and designed luxuriously. The view of the city and Choaphraya River was great to wake up to and the room had everything you needed.
Tower Club Lounge
The TC Lounge was a great experience providing free cocktails, wine and beer and canapes which satisfied everybody's needs. The view and staff were pleasant and makes you want to stay in the hotel and not leave.
Breakfast
I found there to be an excellent selection which reminded me of breakfast buffets in Las Vegas with lots to offer.
Sirrocco & Sky Bar
We had a meal at Sirrocco which was great, a little expensive but you pay for the view and experience. My wifes beef seemed to have to much grizzle for what you pay and when we made the staff aware, the manager removed this from our bill. We had a nice bottle of wine which was expensive (Thailand for you) but went well with our choices. I will be choosing the taster menu when we return. The Sky Bar as always was busy but it offers great views, great cocktails and an experience you will never forget.
Distil
We had a few cocktails in Distil and I can not complain about them as they were as good as the Sky Bars.
Pool & Fitness Centre
The outdoor pool is big enough for a city hotel and helps burn off the breakfast calories. The fitness centre is next to the pool and offers a wide range of machines as well as a free weights area.
Overall, we had a great experience at the Tower Club and we will most definitely stay here everytime we travel to Bangkok. We stayed there over Songkran (Thai New Year) and it was fun from start to finish. The biggest Water Fight on earth and if you can't beat them, join them. Most definitely visiting during Songkran again.

Room Tip: City view rooms are great because you will probably get a view of the river anyway. The Tower Club r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Belly1975
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We were upgraded to the Tower Club at Lebua and were on the 54th floor. The views were amazing over Bangkok. The hotel itself is fantastic, the suites were beautiful and very spacious, we had a living area, a kitchen area, a huge bathroom with bath and separate shower, then the bedroom area with a balcony off it which overlooked Bangkok - it was a fantastic experience. We were bed and breakfast and the breakfast was something else, it had everything, catered for every taste - all in all a wonderful stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: We booked a room in the Lebua at State Tower and were upgraded free of charge to the Tower Club at L...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane L
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We scheduled the hotel car to pick us up from the airport (which, by the way, as soon as you enter the arrival terminal you'll be bombarded with people wanting to sell you tour tickets...). The drive was nice and the driver must have called the hotel right before we pulled up because we were rushed directly from the car into a waiting elevator along with one of the hotel staff. She brought us directly to our room, showed us around and went over the specifics of our package. It was a delightful experience to be so well cared for.

The room is lovely, large, well-appointed and the views of the river are great. We were on the 59th floor and although the wait times for an elevator can be up to a minute or minute and a half, it's nice that the Lebua has 3 elevators just for tower-staying customers!

I will say however, that we were underwhelmed with the tour guide that we booked through the hotel. He didn't seem to know much at all and his English was poor. You may want to look elsewhere for tour guides.

We were pleased with the restaurants (expensive, but you get what you pay for), and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet that was included in our package.

The spa was phenomenal. The massage I received there rivaled the massage I got at the Conrad Hilton - Maldives.

Bangkok is amazing. If you choose to stay at an expensive hotel while you are there, you probably can't go wrong with the Tower Club at Lebua.

Room Tip: You probably don't want a room near the bottom of the tower; you'll be right over a loud res...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine O
London
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Tower Club Suite on the 57th floor. The experience was amazing was amazing, waking up and going to sleep with Bangkok views was truly remarkable.

The hotel is situated in the center of town so its easy to get around. Theres a taxi rank at reception if you need.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and accommodated to all diets, truly a spectacle.

We dined at the Sirocco restaurant outdoors by the Sky bar and we felt on top of the world. It is as you see it in Hangover 2! Magnificent views matched with delicious food and wine, doesn't get much better really.

Part of the Tower Club means that you have a Club room where you can get breakfast and afternoon tea. They brought out mini sandwiches and mini cakes and you can have as much as you want for free, its fab! As well as a small buffet of cold meats, cheese, bread, fruit etc.

The staff were very attentive, they booked trips for us, tickets to go watch thai boxing etc, they were great.

We had a Thai massage at the Spa which was great. The pool area is lovely, not too sunny but just right. Phenomenal gym facilities.

Yes we thought leaving 1,000 baht deposit on arrival is a stretch, especially when its unexpected but given where stayed, its reasonable.

Will definitely stay there again without a doubt!

• Stayed October 2012