“Top of the Tower relaxation”

Tower Club at Lebua
Ranked #52 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Service was excellent. Staff were brilliant. Every member of staff in uniform you could see who could help if required. First class hotel giving first class service. Suite had kitchenette microwave, refrigerator. Unfortunately no cutlery.
We stayed in the Tower Club which had a dedicated restaurant for each meal.
Food was very high quality with very wide choice. Eat as much as you wanted on a buffet style breakfast, lunch and high tea. Wine and drinks were complimentary. Full meals were also available at one of 3 restaurants. Roof top was breadth taking. Eating while overlooking Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a suite on floors 51 to 59. Check floor numbering. A must stay in Le Club Suite. All...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Chris B

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for two nights as a treat to finish our 3 week stay in Thailand. From the moment you pulled up at the entrance you were greeted by smiling staff who literally couldn't do enough to help you. We stayed in a One bedroom tower club suite and the room was fantastic. Nothing like sitting on the Balcony 57 floors up and enjoying the view. All the little things were there to make you feel at home. Breakfast was fantastic, The Tower Club was a great place to get away from the rigors of Bangkok. The view from the skybar was awesome and the chocolate collection for dessert were wonderful..
The only downside was that you had to share the lift to the Tower Club floors with the tourists coming to visit the Skybar of an evening.
Thankyou for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and enjoy the Tower Club Benefits
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Gary Y
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We (2A, 1C) have just returned from a nine night stay at the Lebua Tower Club in Bangkok.
From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed, every experience, with every element of the Lebua was very special.
What separated the Labua from other places, which made us feel so valued, were the inclusions in the room rate.
We had a very busy daily routine in Bangkok and truly appreciated the ability to visit the tower club from 12:00 to 18:00 to rest, eat and drink every day in the club.
We experienced a hotel stay that included wonderful breakfasts, club dining and drinking, wireless internet, a personal invitation to cocktails and canapés with the chefs and a surprise birthday cake for our son. All included in the room rate. We were very spoilt and will only be using the Lebua when we stay in Bangkok. Thank you to the lovely staff who made every moment a special one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Haydn F
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My booked here for two nights here and I the room was beautiful with a nice view of the city. The room is spacious and beautifully presented. I have no complaints about the room itself. There isn't much around it while construction below the hotel meant it had a incomplete feel to the overall facility.

However it appears that money was stolen from our room. It wasn't much but the fact that money was missing was disturbing. Upon checking out and informing the manager on duty, the manager promptly said he would look into it and I gave him my contact details. I have yet to hear from him or the hotel since. I also contacted them weeks after to see if they could follow up on this incident and again I have received no response at all.

Whatever positives this hotel had is tainted by the negative experience I had after. Stolen money is an unfortunate occurrence, but the way I have received no communication afterwards tells me that as soon as I checked out, the matter was settled for them and did not care enough to investigate it further.

I wouldn't want to imagine if something even more serious than this happened, and what sort of action the hotel would do to address the issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arthur N
Marco M, General Manager at Tower Club at Lebua, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Mr. Arthur N,

Thank you for your feedback informing us about your experience during your recent stay at our hotel.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Tower Club at lebua is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.

I was therefore concerned to hear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to apologize for all inconvenience this experience has caused you and will be in contact with you directly.

We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back and we will do our utmost to guarantee the high standard lebua Hotels and Resorts are well-known for.

Yours sincerely

Marco Metge

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My friend booked this hotel while we stayed in Bangkok and I asked him why he would do so without reading reviews or anything like that. He replied with the only acceptable answer "It's where The Hangover 2 was filmed, so that's where we are staying". I have to admit I never watched the movie until we left Bangkok.

My friend booked a deluxe room for three people. We arrived at the hotel at about 12:00pm which, is 2 hours before check-in time and was told that we would need to wait. So, we asked for a restaurant recommendation off to the restaurant we went.
We never ended up gong to the restaurant but, instead got scammed right outside of the hotel by some tuk-tuk drivers and taken to a restaurant that should be featured in Tv show ScamCity. I told my friends never to trust any of the tuk-tuk drivers and guys hanging out on corners for recommendations. We went any way as a pointed all the tell-tale signs of scams, everything from the trip to the restaurant to the whole experience. They couldn't believe what was unfolding before their eyes and the size of the operation of this scam. Later that night the receptionist informed my friends to not trust any of the people out on the road. lol

When we got back at about 3:00pm we still had to wait until 5:00pm as long with what seemed like 40 other people in the small lobby. I am sure there were a lot more people but, like us they went off to a restaurant. They said they would upgrade our room to a higher level which turned out to be to the Tower Club. It sure was worth it as the room was spacious and had an excellent view Bangkok and riverside on the 52 floor. The room included a free breakfast which was one of the largest I have seen, also right next to the great swimming pool. the gym was excellent and large and had a great view that has ceiling to floor glass walls looking out to the great pool. The room also included passes to a lounge that served free snacks and alcoholic drinks until 6pm.

The bell hops and taxi callers at the hotel are fantastic too. The staff makes sure that you get a cab that will run the meter so you get charged accordingly. Before, you get into the taxi the staff will give you a card with the license plate of the taxi if any funny business were to occur. The best part is when you get out of the taxi they put their head in and turn on a torch light to make sure that you didn't leave anything in the cab.

The rooftop bar is supposed to be the highest open air bar in the world and was featured in the Hangover 2. It was quite impressive as the views from the bar and the restaurant was amazing. However, they don't let you take pictures from anywhere but, the actual bar itself. The bar is also insanely crowded when everywhere else you look has open space off the bar platform. It was like being in a college bar 60 something stories up packed in shoulder to shoulder, with only a stomach height piece of glass holding everyone in from falling off the building.

Overall the hotel and everything they had to offer was great. But, there are definitely better hotels that could be had with more spacious rooms at a lower cost according to when I talked to other people.. Lebua is 10 years old which doesn't seem old to me but, many people would argue otherwise.

Room Tip: definitely book on agoda.com as it's half off the hotels listed price, it could save you $150-$4...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank chinqy
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I checked in Lebua at Club Tower last year with my family and we were travelling with my mother. We had booked two rooms with river view. During check-in we requested adjacent rooms as we were travelling with our kids and it would have been difficult to manage with two rooms far apart. But there were no adjacent rooms available and the hotel Manager was courteous enough to upgrade our two rooms into a 2 Bed room suite so that we can manage comfortably.
The food was great and the breakfast was an elaborated one. The open bar on the 69th floor is an awesome and during the whole stay there it was only my 4 years old daughter who had a complaint, which was against the lady who did not allowed her to visit the Sirroco Bar in the open terrace on the 69th floor as the kids below 7 were not allowed.

The hotel had number of options for selection of pillows to sleep as per your requirements. The toiletries were of Acca Kappa and the services were excellent.

I would love to stay again if i visit the City.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MOHIT_365
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed at the Tower Club @ Lebua for 2 days on the 13th April 2013 and I can honestly say it was a pleasurable experience.
On arriving, I made a couple of requests which would make our stay more enjoyable and the check in staff came back to me immediately and provided me options. After speaking to friends who were with us in Koh Samui, they too decided to book Tower Club rooms and enjoyed the experience as much as we did.
Tower Club Rooms
The TC rooms were spacious with living and kitchen area (Nespresso machine is great). The bathroom was big and designed luxuriously. The view of the city and Choaphraya River was great to wake up to and the room had everything you needed.
Tower Club Lounge
The TC Lounge was a great experience providing free cocktails, wine and beer and canapes which satisfied everybody's needs. The view and staff were pleasant and makes you want to stay in the hotel and not leave.
Breakfast
I found there to be an excellent selection which reminded me of breakfast buffets in Las Vegas with lots to offer.
Sirrocco & Sky Bar
We had a meal at Sirrocco which was great, a little expensive but you pay for the view and experience. My wifes beef seemed to have to much grizzle for what you pay and when we made the staff aware, the manager removed this from our bill. We had a nice bottle of wine which was expensive (Thailand for you) but went well with our choices. I will be choosing the taster menu when we return. The Sky Bar as always was busy but it offers great views, great cocktails and an experience you will never forget.
Distil
We had a few cocktails in Distil and I can not complain about them as they were as good as the Sky Bars.
Pool & Fitness Centre
The outdoor pool is big enough for a city hotel and helps burn off the breakfast calories. The fitness centre is next to the pool and offers a wide range of machines as well as a free weights area.
Overall, we had a great experience at the Tower Club and we will most definitely stay here everytime we travel to Bangkok. We stayed there over Songkran (Thai New Year) and it was fun from start to finish. The biggest Water Fight on earth and if you can't beat them, join them. Most definitely visiting during Songkran again.

Room Tip: City view rooms are great because you will probably get a view of the river anyway. The Tower Club r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple