“Quality Food and Drink, Excellent and Friendly Service”
Review of The Londoner Brew Pub - MOVED

The Londoner Brew Pub
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Kalasin, Thailand
“Quality Food and Drink, Excellent and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Londoner was my regular for 10 years when I lived and worked in Bangkok. I now live upcountry, since a few years ago, so I don't go there much anymore, except when I am in town, but it is a must for me still.

Firstly, the atmosphere is great, cool and castle/mansion wine/beer cellar style. One of the best ways to escape the madness of Bangkok and completely forget about it for a few hours.

Add to the atmosphere that you will, if you arrive at happy hour, be able to get some of the best locally brewed beer in Thailand at the same price as a generic factory beer elsewhere and you are talking about a very good place to have a beer.

The place seems to be able to retain staff and you will get to know them and they are very friendly and seem to enjoy taking some time out to chat with regular customers and I am sure new ones as well. I have long felt that staff value the customers and go out of there way to help. They are probably the most intelligent and competent wait staff in Thailand. Some great people work there. There can be a few cranky people working in there at times, but the place can get incredibly busy and service is just leagues above what you will encounter almost everywhere in Thailand.

Management and the owners seem to do their utmost to provide a fun and welcoming place, many extras such as sports events and drink specials. The live music is always cover bands, but excellent at what they do. When I leave the Londoner I feel good instead of insulted, laughed at and ripped off as I do most places in Bangkok.

This is probably sounding like i was paid to write a rave review, I hope you will just trust my advice and try the place and you will see its a great place to go for a beer.

The food from their international menu is also well prepared and reasonably priced, particularly the buffet. I remember my father and some of his cronies were in town and I told them all to just shut up and stop arguing about where to go for a beer and dinner. They agreed to follow my lead and go to the Londoner but if it wasn't up to snuff they were all going to have a go at me out in the parking lot for ruining their last meal experience in Thailand. It was a buffet night and they were all over it and in the end, gave the place a rousing thumbs up and so I was spared a visit to the hospital.

• Visited December 2013

• Thai first
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Jules”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

An average pub . The only complaints are 1) The lady who served us needed a smile injection and some serious people attitude training. 2) A single Sang Som and added coke (shown as Jameson on the receipt) 170 baht. Far too expensive for cheap Thai rum. My local in Jomtien , triple Sang Som and separate bottle of coke 120 baht.

• Visited May 2014
bangkok
“Best Value Sunday buffet in Bangkok”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Have visited many places in Bangkok for a Sunday lunch / buffet and think Londoner comes out top in terms of value for money.

Large selection of food in salad bar with smoked salmon, parma ham, poached salmon, prawns, home made soup, pate and lots of other goodies.

Choice of ham, chicken, lamb, beef and pork on the carvery with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, yorkshire pudding, some veg and gravy.

Then a decent desserts section.

Note If there is a big football game on you need to book as the place gets packed, but being a buffet service is not affected and the atmosphere is good.

Buffet dinner normally starts at 18.00 hrs and is 490 ++ which is a bargain for the food you can eat and choices available.

Well worth a visit

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank davemcg74
“Londoner Continues to Impress.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Located in the bottom of the UBC II Building on Suk Soi 33, The Londoner is one of two places to get pub made beer that I know of in BKK. The large venue is cozy and offers both English and Thai food, but it is the beer, which they make on site, that is the real reason to go.

Food prices are more expensive than other similar restaurants, but beer is very reasonable and there are daily specials like 30% off all food on Monday & Tuesday and 2-for-1 drinks all Wed nights.

The staff is knowledgeable and speaks good English and there is always a sports game playing. The one down side is the free wi-fi internet is just terrible. I could not tell if it was just some jerk sucking it all up to download a movie or if it truly is a bad service. YEMV

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jon R
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not a bad attempt at a taste from home”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Sunday lunch was a welcome sight when we entered the British style pub so we both decided to order it. The food was not bad, however it is very much a Thai attempt at home British food in my opinion.

• Visited February 2014