“Great stay, friendly and helpful staff!”

NapPark Hostel @ Khao San
Ranked #36 of 1,413 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A great place near Khao San Road. Far enough away that it's not that noisy at night, but close enough that you walk and, within minutes, take part in the madness. Originally had two nights there, and stayed two more nights on our return leg. The six person dorm has more privacy but right about the entrance so a lil more noise (but not that bad).
Excellent staff!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew T

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Great place, great communal areas, helpful staff, right in the middle of Bangkok. Airport shuttle service for B170 (taxi is B400) - but this doesnt start until 7am. Would highly recommend to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Annika L
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed here for a week or two in September of 2011 and I absolutely loved it. The staff were some of the friendliest people I have ever met, bar none, and the atmosphere was great. If you're traveling solo it is a fantastic place to meet people because the lounge area is super chill and is always full of people. And, at least when I was there, it wasn't full of those annoying, obnoxious party junkies you often find at hostels, especially around South East Asia, it had a great variety of people.
I tried a couple other places in BKK and this one definitely takes the cake, felt like I could have chilled there for another couple weeks if I had the time.

Room Tip: The slightly more expensive 6-person dorms are definitely worth it in my opinion, if only to avoid b...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Benjamin B
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Enjoyed my stay here, facilities are good and really close to khoasan rd. Security is a bit lax internally though with the electronic lock on our dorm door not locking but I didn't raise it so probably my fault. Beds are comfortable, have own TV inbed and some where to store luggage if you check out but aren't moving on till later. Price is ok for the location

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank petefryatt
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Lets start off with the good, friendly staff, trendy setting, impecably clean beds. That's where the good ends.. for 430 baht to share a room with 40 people and a bathroom with 80, I expect something extravagant, considering for half the price I can get my own room in a guest house. Hostels are noisy, that is their nature. If you travel with ear plugs and a blind fold, the noisy partiers, people having sex all night and the lights (that for some reason are on all night without an on off switch) won;t bother you, as they did not bother me. What got me here, not counting the rockhard bed (and I'm usually a fan of hard beds), was the vibration. Every time someone took a step or moved a muscle the entire hostel would shake. Those vibrations permeated through ear plugs and made thunderous noises. In my psuedo sleep, I could almost hear the "FEE FI FO FUM". That about sums it up, overpriced and clean, but don't come here to sleep.... writing from nap park at 5:00am and really wishing I could sleep

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank QuestH
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed at Nappark because a friend recommended it to me during my travels. I wanted somewhere decent but cheap for my last few days in Thailand, and it was far more than you could ever ask for at such a low price.

After arriving at an awkward time of 6am, I immediately felt at home and more than comfortable in the cosy communal area. Also, with the efficient air conditioning, plug socket, light switches, small personal TVs all above your bed, you will find all the benefits of your own room within the space around your bed. You have the option to pull a blind down over your bed, a nice touch if you want that extra bit of privacy. The showers were positively gleaning, hot(!) and well decorated. The staff were friendly, smiling and more than happy to help with any questions. The location was ideal and other travellers staying all seemed really down to earth people (although ofcourse this can never be guaranteed!). I stayed in the ladies dorm, and if other girls are looking for their own space away from the smelly boys... its well worth the extra 100 baht!

If you are ever so slightly more 'discerning' than the average cheap traveller and looking for an affordable place near to Khao San then I really don't see how you could go wrong in staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Cassie S
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Loved this hostel being a few roads down from Khao San. It was the cleanest and prettiest but I was in the 20 room dorm and felt it to be less sociable than other hostels due to the layout but if you like your privacy it will be ideal for you. Great having a little mirror, plug and light above your bed.

• Stayed: November 2011