“Best Hostel Ever”

NapPark Hostel @ Khao San
Ranked #32 of 1,383 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Wow, I can't believe how clean, beautiful, and centrally located this place is. The Ladies' Napspace is worth the extra couple of bucks...it's so serene! I stayed here twice because I couldn't get enough. It's big, but you wouldn't know it unless you saw everybody piled into the front room for movie night. The staff was also very helpful!

Room Tip: Definitely check out the Ladies' Napspace if you're a female traveling alone.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Katie F

Reviewed 12 February 2012

NapPark is a clean, friendly and inviting hostel in an excellent location - far enough from Koh San Road to be quiet at night, but close enough to walk to all the action if you so choose.
The bathrooms and rooms are both very clean, and staff are friendly and helpful, and the communal chill out section on the bottom floor is a good place to meet others. They also have free wi-fi.
However, I don't think it's the best value hostel you can get in Bangkok; I paid a reasonable amount (relative to the price of hostels in Thailand) for a 6 bedroom dorm and ended up in a room with 20 something other people. It's a bit of an odd lay out, and is sort of sectioned off but at the same time, still one large room with alot of people in it... I found it a bit irritating because people had lights on/were making noise at all hours of the night.
I also felt that the room key system was a bit of a hassel.
Overall though, very clean and decent beds to sleep, good location and pretty good service.

Room Tip: I booked for a 6 bed dorm and found my self sleeping in a room with 20 something other people. Perha...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ForeverTravelingGirl
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A great place near Khao San Road. Far enough away that it's not that noisy at night, but close enough that you walk and, within minutes, take part in the madness. Originally had two nights there, and stayed two more nights on our return leg. The six person dorm has more privacy but right about the entrance so a lil more noise (but not that bad).
Excellent staff!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Great place, great communal areas, helpful staff, right in the middle of Bangkok. Airport shuttle service for B170 (taxi is B400) - but this doesnt start until 7am. Would highly recommend to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Annika L
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed here for a week or two in September of 2011 and I absolutely loved it. The staff were some of the friendliest people I have ever met, bar none, and the atmosphere was great. If you're traveling solo it is a fantastic place to meet people because the lounge area is super chill and is always full of people. And, at least when I was there, it wasn't full of those annoying, obnoxious party junkies you often find at hostels, especially around South East Asia, it had a great variety of people.
I tried a couple other places in BKK and this one definitely takes the cake, felt like I could have chilled there for another couple weeks if I had the time.

Room Tip: The slightly more expensive 6-person dorms are definitely worth it in my opinion, if only to avoid b...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Benjamin B
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Enjoyed my stay here, facilities are good and really close to khoasan rd. Security is a bit lax internally though with the electronic lock on our dorm door not locking but I didn't raise it so probably my fault. Beds are comfortable, have own TV inbed and some where to store luggage if you check out but aren't moving on till later. Price is ok for the location

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank petefryatt
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Lets start off with the good, friendly staff, trendy setting, impecably clean beds. That's where the good ends.. for 430 baht to share a room with 40 people and a bathroom with 80, I expect something extravagant, considering for half the price I can get my own room in a guest house. Hostels are noisy, that is their nature. If you travel with ear plugs and a blind fold, the noisy partiers, people having sex all night and the lights (that for some reason are on all night without an on off switch) won;t bother you, as they did not bother me. What got me here, not counting the rockhard bed (and I'm usually a fan of hard beds), was the vibration. Every time someone took a step or moved a muscle the entire hostel would shake. Those vibrations permeated through ear plugs and made thunderous noises. In my psuedo sleep, I could almost hear the "FEE FI FO FUM". That about sums it up, overpriced and clean, but don't come here to sleep.... writing from nap park at 5:00am and really wishing I could sleep

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo