“Great start to an adventure!!”

NapPark Hostel @ Khao San
Ranked #30 of 1,390 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I am travelling with a friend and not only was this our first stop but it was our first proper hostel experience and it could not have been better!
The security is amazing, the location you couldn't fault, and it is one of the most friendliest places it really showed us what we had in store, I would not stay any where else in Bangkok!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Unfortunately for Nappark, there are too many guests who are enjoying the nightlife of Bankgkok that much that people run in and out dorms all night. Normally I like sleeping in dorms, but here it's killing, I couldn't get any rest at night because people were talking and packing their bags at 3:30 in the morning. Every night.

Nappark is a very cosy place, friendly staff and good atmosphere. It's a great backpackers hostel, but I didn't see many backpackers. I think backpackers know how to behave in dorms.

Room Tip: We slept in a big dorm. Maybe it's better to sleep in a smaller dorm when you need your rest.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

On arrival, the main desk staff didn't speak very good english therefore couldn't understand me to check-in. Once over that I was given my room No.
The room was an 8 bed dorm and was full, two of whom were my friends. We had lockers to our belongings at the end of the room, would have been ideal if they were at the end of our beds. The AC only came on between 6pm and 12midnight, which is when moat people are out. The shared bathroom was between the 8 of us. Where one out of the two showers was down.
They do a airport drop off, but not pick up.

Overall great location and good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank FarrahdeExplorer
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It was a nice way to be introduced to Thailand with a few nights sleep at NapPark to catch up on our jet-leg. The hostel is very clean, there's a great social scene and food is delicious. Our only recommendations are that the staff could provide better customer service, it feels like we are bugging them if we have questions or concerns about trains, getting around, etc. Also, the aircon is way too cold, bring your sweater:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked two nights to stay at NapPark and received a confirmation email. On arrival at the hostel after a very long days travelling I was told by the lady at reception that they had no room for me that night. She brought me down the street to a place that was supposed to be a 'hostel'. I didn't know that four double beds in a room counted as this. It was pathetic, no aircon, dated and smelly. I decided not to opt for their alternative and took it upon myself to find a new place of my own for my two nights in Bangkok.
The hostel employee gave no reasons for the mix up and little appoligy. As a solo traveller I found this whole experience very annoying but I am glad that I looked for myself afterwards as I found a good alternative.
I had heard and read such good things about NapPark, I just don't know what happened here?

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank JMirl
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July and thought it was great. Good location, just a few seconds walk to koh san without being right in the middle of it. Staff were helpful with helping to organise travel arrangements etc. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Bangkok

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmcc90
Reviewed 15 October 2013

After a long time on trains and boats and busses NapPark was absolute heaven. The staff are friendly and very organised. Clean comfortable beds with light, mirror and plug and blind to enclose your own space. Bathrooms better than any hostel I've been to clean good hot shower!
Overall great place even if you pay a little more that other hostels it's worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo