“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Sunflower Place

Sunflower Place
Ranked #167 of 1,389 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Situated down a few side streets, even most rickshaw & taxi drivers find it hard to find, but it is very clean, the staff are helpful but best of all being in the Silom area it is a short walk to everything. Good restaurants, sky train and underground, shops, Lumphini Park and best of all the Patpong Night Market. If all you need is a clean, comfortable, convenient and cheap place to lay your head, then this is it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The place is located is a sidestreet along Silom area. The location is very good, lots of convenience stores (7-11 in every corner), money changers, restos, fastfood, and good cheap food.

They also give great advice about the area. We ate our daily breakfast at the "food market" every morning which is less than 5 minutes from this place. They suggested we eat there and for BHT40-50, we have an authentic Thai food for breakfast. The menu is in Thai and patronized by the locals. Sunflower place suggested it even if we didn't ask! They also suggested where to shop and where the night food stalls set-up their place.

The room is kept clean. Hot water comes quickly. Aircon does its job. Has two common PCs that you can use. They have a common room and a kitchen as well. You can heat your food in the microwave and they have a dining table as well.

They have a water dispenser in the lobby for hot and cold water so you save on buying bottled water.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank melodymedley
Reviewed 27 August 2012

After reading many good reviews of this Hotel in Bangkok, I am sorry to say I cannot agree with any of them. A regular to Thailand for over 30yrs, having stayed at many and varied levels of Hotels, this 3 night stay has indeed been uncomfortable. For a start I will agree it is clean, it ends there. Not s sole speaks English, the bed is as hard as concrete, and security is an real issue. I returned today with my guest from Pattaya who also happens to work in a 5 star resort, only to find my room door partly ajar, with no cleaner in site, a scary experience indeed, fortunately my lap top and that of my friends was still in the room. Let me say I understand the rate is around 900 baht, do I do not expect service as if I was at the Oriental, but I find the basic claustrophobic nature of the room, the very unattractive entrance to the hotel, the hopelessly uncomfortable queen size bed and the drain smells from the bathroom, too much to accept. My first and last time here, may I say there are many Hotels not too far from here, at the ame rate, far superior.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank holland53
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stay here every year during Songkran Festival. Good value for money, clean, comfy, friendly host. Basic hotel facility - minibar, tv, ac, free wifi. Secured entrance. Easy to get around - near to Silom BTS.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is one of the nicest hostel I've been. I enjoyed my stayed here , the room is always clean, the service is great, and it has the cheapest rate. I would highly recommend this place, the room is also spacious, with a mini refrigerator inside. I'm very comfortable staying to this place. In the near future I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosecamus
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Better than the photos on the website.
Suitable for going out in the daytime and come back for rest.
Basic and clean, and very friendly staffs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Simploatraveler
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my first trip to Bangkok and i traveled with my girlfriend. The hotel can be a bit tricky to find but if you read the instructions on their wabsite you'll be fine. We had booked a double room ensuite. It was clean, spacious and even had a balcony, all though all you could see from there was the wall of the neighbouring building. The neigbourhood can seem a bit scetchy at first but then again this is Bangkok. The hotel was secure with a code to get in the front door and a keycard for the rooms. There was also a safe in the room. The room was a bit noisy at night but nothing a pair of earplugs can't fix. All in all verry good value for money. Would definetly recomend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple