“Cosy, Good Location, Great Price~”

KC Place Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #97 of 1,158 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy, Good Location, Great Price~”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The location is good, near the Airport Rail Link Ratchaprarop Station and within walking distance to Pratunam Night Markets and Shopping Centres.

Cafe staff is friendly and helpful though they can only understand simple English. I love the hotel's cafe ala-carte delicacies (especially the minced pork rice at 45 baht only) as well as the massage provided by the parlour at the Hotel's Level 1. Their foot massage and foot scrub is exceptionally good and they are friendly and service is good. =)

However few points to take note, you need to give a returnable security deposit of 1,000 baht upon check-in, and there is no facial tissues in the hotel room. Hotel is rather strict about toiletries usage especially if guests are intending to ask for more (e.g. toilet paper is given an extra roll per day per room, shower gel is limited to an extra 2 pieces per day per room)

The hotel will only issue one key card for each room and this makes it very inconvenient when one roommate stays in the room and the other roommate is going out as the key card is also required to open the lobby gate.

For those with elderly or with travellers who have some physical limitations, this hotel may not be easily accessible as there is a rather steep staircase from ground floor to the lobby gate (which leads to the lift to rooms).

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elena_Woo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Rather by luck position turned out to be great not just for city /airport rail link but also for large night market.Very clean and generally good value.Highly recommended particularly if you want a quick getaway to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
KL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel is less than 200 m from the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link (Ratchaprarop). It is near to Pratunam market, so we have chosen to stay at this hotel for the past 4 years every times we came to Bangkok. You could also walk to many shopping centres around the Ratchaprasong shopping district. We also like the restaurant connecting to this hotel.

We checked in at Room 603 on 5 Feb, the room is at the top floor, there was noise which sound like flowing water coming from water-tank above the room. We did complain to the staff, but had not been attended to seriously.

Like many budget hotel/apartment in this part of the world, this hotel has low sound proof, so u hear noise from people talking at the corridor or people check-out early in the morning.

It would be good if the hotel could provide slipper to quest to wear in the room and also provide laundry service. We requested for late checkout to 1 PM on 10 Feb. but was declined by staff saying they had guest who wanted the room, but it didn’t seemed that the hotel was fully booked on the day (Bangkok was pretty quiet that time due to ongoing Protests). Perhaps hotel could be more flexible in their checkout policy.

Room Tip: Room facing the city (Baiyoke Hotel) has better view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Near to rail to airport . Very convenient n only cost 40bhat per person. The cafe nearby hotel serve good coffee n cheap. Room clean n good service. Travel tour can b arranged by hotel at good price. But bed a bit hard n no extra pillow barhroom a bit small but clean. Shower cap not provided. Near to shops n night market

Stayed February 2014
Rajapalayam, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hotel is very good with 1 minute walking distance from Ratchanprapop airport link. It is near to many shopping centers, Siam place, etc. Rooms are very clean and very comfortable. A/c was very good. Free wifi. I requested for early check in and I was granted the same which I appreciated very much. Staff are friendly and helpful. Only thing I was not satisfied is there is no hot water in the room. I made a complaint, but was not rectified. Only warm water available for bathing. Otherwise, hotel is very good and recommended. I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This will only be a quick review...
We've just spent a night at this hotel.
Its reasonably well located and reasonably priced. We paid 1500bht for a superior/deluxe room 'plus'.
For this we had a nice little room, though spacious enough, with TV, AC and a small but fully functional bathroom.
Staff were polite and spoke good English.
As part of the 'plus' we each had a choice of a 30min massage at a place next to the hotel.
Only thing to fault would be that the AC seemed to stop (presumably on an auto timer) part way through the night, which meant i woke up boiling hot...
If you've read this review you know you can plan ahead!
I'd stay again...

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
KC_Place, General Manager at KC Place Hotel Pratunam, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear my_holiday_reviewed,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at KC PLACE.

We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us during your stay in Bangkok.
I would like to apologize for the problem with the AC, it is not on auto timer and should have not stopped in the middle of the night.

Please kindly contact us at reservation@kcplacebangkok.com, once we can identify the room, we will be able to fix this issue. To Thank you for pointing out this problem, please accept a FREE UPGRADE for your next stay with us.

Best regards,

KC PLACE
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Before I start writing my review, I have to say that KC Place have provided more than I had initially expected. They really deserve the Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. And do take note I booked at the wrong date (2 dates later of my arrival at Bangkok) and I had to spend more money booking another accommodation for 2 nights prior to my stay at KC Place. We travelled as a family of 4.

KC Place was more famous that I initially thought as I read through older reviews all over the internet with people complaining that taxi drivers are unable to find the location (as it was situated in an alley). The moment I told the driver it is in the vicinity of Baiyoke Sky Tower they instantly knew my destination as I depart from the previous hotel located in Yaowarat (Chinatown).

I shall start with the check in procedure. The two receptionist spoke decent English with typical Malaysian/Singaporean slang (probably they were pretty used to encounter Singlish/Manglish speakers over there). I noticed they were lots of luggage parked at the side of the hall with names and room numbers on it. The receptionist explained that those luggage are belonged to occupants awaiting to be checked in or had already checked out and wanted to do a last minute shopping. Since we booked a family room, we were given the privilege to check in early rather than the standard 2PM check in time. The bell boy took our luggage to the opposite building which I initially thought it was upstairs and I placed our luggage near the stairways.

Both the lobby and the walkway had lots of CCTV cameras that pretty much covers every corner of the building. Which gave us a peace of mind. Up a flight of stairs, before reaching the elevator there is where you need to tap your room card in order to gain access to the elevator or another flight of stairs to the 2nd floor (or 1st floor for you Americans) another thumbs up for their security.

Our family room was located at the last room of the corridor on the 2nd floor. At least there will be lesser people walking pass our doors. The corridor wasn't carpeted and neither the rooms are making lots of noise whenever one walks along the corridor (will mention about the bad soundproofing and being woke up by the sound of opening and closing doors and the sound of footsteps in a few paragraphs). Room doors requires tapping of the security card to gain access.

The rooms were adjoined as there was a door to gain access to each of the rooms. The air-conditioning cooled the room pretty fast and each room provided 2 bottles of drinking water. Both rooms had a hair-dryer and a kettle to boil water. Toiletries such as shampoo and soap were provided. One room had 2 single beds and the other had a queen bed instead. Both rooms had obsoleted CRT TVs rather then the common LCD. There was a safe in each rooms but do take note the staffs are able to open the safe by a simple scan of their keys as there was once I attempted to unlock the safe too many times with the wrong password and requested the staffs to reset the password. Beds are pretty had and suited my preference, however the pillows are too soft and I had to sleep with 2 of them. The lighting was pretty dark as the lights were 3 LEDs rather of the typical CFL; glaring to look at but it doesn't light up the room well. The bathroom had more height as compared to the pictures of the old building's but its still pretty minimalistic and no extra space for another person to be in the bathroom. The soundproofing of the doors are really bad, like I mentioned earlier on, I wasn't able to get quality slumber due to the noise outside during wee hours in the morning. Despite being next to one of Bangkok's most crowded spots, it was considerably serene in the apartments.

The cafe serves both local and western dishes at quite an affordable price. Next doors will be a massage centre which I don't really recommend and a quite overpriced laundry that charges per garment rather than the weight of the laundry.

The location of KC Place is what I love the most. A short walk to the Airport Rail Link makes getting around Bangkok an ease, allowing us to have an alternative from taking taxies that barely knows Bangkok and getting stucked in the never ending jam downtown. And it allowed us to get to the airport in time with ARL's top speed of 160KM/H (100MPH). Walking through the Baiyoke Sky Tower's small entrance opposite of KC Place will get you to the famous Platinum Fashion Mall, on the way you will pass to the Sky Tower, Sky Tower market (plenty of nice clothing for ladies) and cross the road via the overhead pass to reach Platinum Fashion Mall. Walk down even more, you' find yourself at the world's 6th largest mall - Centralworld

I had also accidentally left my cellphone (a HTC Wildfire) in the safe as the room was pretty dark and my black phone sort of blended in to the safe's background, took the 2 other phones and left that behind and only discovered when I flew back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Luckily the hotel had kept it with them and I happen to have a bunch of friends who are accommodating in KC Place to collect it for me. Another thumbs up from me for the staff of KC Place's honesty.

I will be back whenever I am in Bangkok

*Malaysian and Singaporean friends, you have to try Sabx2 Wanton Mee located around KC Place.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite the main building. Its quieter there without the school next to it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DarrenFoopower
Dear DarrenFoopower,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at KC PLACE.

We are very delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for pointing out the little inconvenience that we trying to work on improving such as soundproofing.

However, I wanted to specify that not every employee has the ability to open our customer safe, only higher level employee can open safe after authorization from the management team and that every time the safe is opened using the master card, it is being electronically recorded.

As you experienced it, KC Place is just like a family, our employees are trustworthy and have high Ethic.

Best regards,