“Best hotel experience in my life”

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #86 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We booked two nights @ Four Points Sukhumvit to celebrate my birthday. We wanted a new, modern and design hotel, and we couldn't have chosen a better place. Everything is brand new, service is outstanding and most important, rooms are the most confortable I have ever tried.
We felt like in an oasis in the middle of the crowded Bangkok. Swimming ppol on the rooftop, modern music playing all day long, staff always smiling. What else could we ask for? Nothhing, but we still had more.
We went out for dinner to celebrate my birthday and when we came back I just stoped to tell the concierge how good the restaurant had been (Restaurant La Table de Tee). At one point, all the staff standing together, brought me three little cakes with chocolate tablets on top in which you could read "Happy Birthday Miquel". Can you imagine?? That is what makes you feel home away from home. AMAZING!
Special mention for Meaw, at the Front Desk. The most profesional service with a true smile always on her face.
Thank you Four Points for such a nice stay!!! We will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15

Reviewed 10 April 2011

I stayed in March 2011. At the time the hotel had been open for just a few months (maybe a few weeks, I'm not sure). Some parts are still being completed, however, I never noticed any issues with the construction. Actually, in the middle of Bangkok everything seems to be under construction so it's really no big deal. Great location in the middle of the action. You can spend more at nearby hotels, however, this place delivers great value and good service. Not a large hotel by any means but it's more than adequate and it's new, which is a big benefit in my book.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My mother and I stayed at the Four Points in Bangkok for one night in April. Overall the hotel has a great facade for the moment....decor is modern, everything is clean comfy and new, beds are the comfiest I've stayed in Thailand (i.e. not rock hard). And we really enjoyed the pool on the rooftop.

However, you can tell the hotel was cheaply built and will likely not wear well. Right now it's all beautiful because it's new but I would watch out as time goes on.

And I agree that the shower overflowing is an issue. Again, a structure flaw...cheaply built.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back tower to avoid club music.
  • Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed at Four Points in April 2011. Apparently the hotel has only been open a few months and it looks it - everything is very new. It is not a huge hotel, and has only limited public areas unlike its grander Bangkok cousins; the Sheraton, Westin and Le Meridien, so is more functional than luxurious. It also doesn't have the suites and executive floors of the bigger hotels.

The hotel is very well located in one of the "centres" of Bangkok on Soi 15 (Lane 15) 100m from Sukhumvit Road, virtually opposite Times Square shopping mall, and next to the Asok BTS Skytrain station - making it very convenient to a lot of central Bangkok. It is also surprisingly close to the long established Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit.
Sukhumvit Road is a hive of activity, with many market stalls in the evening, however the hotel location in a Soi (lane) is completely quiet with no street noise.
The hotel is in the new trendy style of the Four Points, with lots of colour. I did not dine in the restaurant during the evening, however the breakfast buffet was substantial and very nice.
The room was a good size, with a huge bath, swivelling large screen TV, and a very comfortable bed.
There was also a swimming pool area on the roof.
At the time of writing, it was the least expensive Sheraton hotel in Bangkok, although prices may fluctuate. I would certainly consider staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in March . The location is handy for the sky train but didn't find the surrounding area great. The shower is a big problem with the water running into the bathroom and the taps are only just over the sink. Great place for a water fight! Have had better breakfast in other hotels of equal standing- can't understnad how the bread is always so dry?? Would't go back

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Stayed here as it was 'new' and great opening rates. (stayed in a Junior Suite, very cheap too!)

Loved the hotel and location.. 2 min walk to skytrain.

Room was superb.. paid a bit more for a junior suite.. worth the money, even if we were not in it much. Total luxury and very well planned and thought out. The rotating tv in the middle of the room (so you could watch it in bed or the living room , see pictures) was a great touch!

Pool was small but clean and just big enough for a cooling dip. Pool area is small too but as its on the rooftop it felt more spacious. Good bar and service too.

Breakfast was very nice but a few teething problems as they didn't seem very orgainized. I'm sure as they bond as a team, that will improve.

Overall, a very nice hotel in a great location for getting anywhere around Bangkok. Would defo' use again and recommend this hotel.

We have stayed in quite a few hotels in Bangkok.. this one was Modern, friendly and in a great location.. thats all we need for a short stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Vey close to Skytrain... real plus point!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2011

There is no denying that the new Four Points by Sheraton in Sukhumvit 15 is visually appealing. The rooms in particular are immaculate, and so they should be considering this hotel opened December 2010. Come sun down, the roof top transforms into a trendy hangout. The F&B offerings, namely BeerVault and Wrapped look great.

But my relatively high expectations were greatly let down. I owe it to the "software" of the hotel.

- The check in was easy enough, however, a welcome or a smile wouldn't go astray.

- My bags only arrived at my room 20 minutes later, after I went down to reception and politely suggested I needed something from them.

- On the first morning, the fire alarm sounded three times. It was remarkably loud (no surprises) there and certainly wasn't welcome when you're asleep at 7.15am. We assumed it was a false alarm. I poked my head out the door and spotted a member of the along the hallway staff furtherest from my room proclaiming "False alarm!". No effort was made to individually inform me, or others. Really not something I was expecting. A little unprofessional, this creates some apprehension about the fire evacuation here.

- I had read about the complimentary tuk-tuk to Asoke BTS, I enquired about it each day for the duration of my stay and was simply told it was out of service. Yes, the skytrain station is a short walk, but once again, I was let down.

- On check out, the staff, once again, simply took my room access cards and asked whether I had consumed anything from the bill. No farewell, no offer of transport and no smiles.

On paper, this hotel looks great. But don't be deceived by the 4 star surroundings, currently, the staff do not offer 4 star service. I'd be willing to stay again when the property is more established. Until then, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and Royal Orchid Sheraton appear to offer better value.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple