“Nice but expensive”

Ranked #93 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Nice but expensive”
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Nice hotel, but not value for your money. No free internet in the rooms and no breakfast included. Room rates are lower at neighboring hotels like Royal President and 15 Sukhumvit. Restaurant is over-priced -- eat elsewhere. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Asiatraveler007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed in a comfort room. It is small (I just stayed at majestic Grande and Sheraton Pattaya prior coming here) but very cozy. The room entertainment features r quite high tech. you can surf the net n watch NATGEO all in huge LCD TV whilst using a keyboard to switch channels n function.. It was fun for me. I really like the the sliding door that seperates the bathtub n the room. You can soak in the well sized bathtub(Yes... I actually take bubble baths) n watch DVDs at the same time.

I didn't have breakfast at the hotel becuz just along the street is a stall that sells local food n taste great. Furthermore, there is a mini-mart beside it to get other stuff.

They have a bar in the lobby that is quite a good location to de-flate and enjoy some brews..

The location is quite good n the street is very quiet.. Because it is only abt 50m from the main road.. It is very easy to orientate yrself.. Plus there is a huge supermarket, Starbucks, Boots, Sky-train station n a golden temple(Mac Donald's) juz ard the corner too.

The Staff is a typical Starwoods hotel personal.. Very friendly, patient and highly efficient.

All in all.. It is a currently great little gem ..

But my personal issue for this hotel is like this.
As someone in the review once mentioned.. You can actually notice that the finishing touches of the hotel are not very well done. The paintwork in the corners esp. are like the lines in the colouring book of your 2 year old child.. And the water in the shower stall actually flows into the toilet..

As the hotel is only 1-2 years old (During my stay) it looks great n everything and personally I love it.. But what 3-5 years later..?? Another time another review I suppose..

So in the mean time.. Get it while it is hot..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Enjoyed my stay here very much. It's incredible value for what you get, although from the look of the surrounding skyline I'm guessing there's quite a bit of competition. Staff are friendly and courteous at all times.
There's a lovely modern, colourful feel to the building with the emphasis being on light and splashes of colour. Not too post Modernist to be awkward - the feel is always comfortable and flavoured with Thai influence. The main entrance is spacious and inviting.
Breakfast was great - a wide selection to suit all tastes : Thai soup, cooked breakfast, fruits and muesli's, smoothies, fresh juices, pastries, cereals. You'd be doing well to find a gap.
The room was clean and new. Great soundproofing and blackout blinds. The Thai layout of a sliding door opening from the bathtub into the room is always welcome. Really opens out the space. MInibar was well stocked. Good air conditioning.
The swimming pool up on the eighth floor is fantastic - just long enough to swim lengths with a view over the surrounding skyline. The sun in April ducks behind a skyscraper from about 2.30pm so get there early if you're looking for some rays.
Gym was ok. Slight cheapish machines but well laid out and cool.
You can tell this is a new hotel. There's no structural work going on but there are bits of minor tinkering going on. Nothing which spoilt my stay. In fact it's good to know they're still fine tuning and improving all the time.
My only small gripe would be the wireless ethernet access. It's fairly pricey at 450THB / day although you can access a free network in the lobby. Once you've paid for your 24 hours you can only have one machine on at a time - so no iPhone and laptops together. Slightly annoying to have to log out of one and reregister the other all the time. Having said this I'd only expect free wireless in hotels far more pricey. It just seems a bit cumbersome and awkward.
Overall very impressed. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I pass through Bangkok quite often on stopover, and like to spend a night or two to break up the journey. I've stayed in many of the hotels in the city over the last few years, and I had high hopes for this one based on other reviews.

As far as the location and facilities go, it really is quite good value. However several incidents ruined the experience for me:

1) I had to wait over one hour for room service to arrive, I ordered shortly before 11pm and the food arrived past midnight

2) When I complained about the late room service, I was told that the Guest Services Manager would call me to discuss - he/she never did. I guess they assumed that since my food had finally arrived I would be satisfied and wouldn't need a return call

3) My room rate included breakfast, however there was a mix-up and staff at The Eatery insisted I would have to pay for it. I had to go to the Front Desk with the restaurant manager to get them to confirm that my rate included breakfast

4) The internet didn't work throughout the hotel for the entire morning and into the afternoon of my second day. I had important business to take care of and had intended work from my room, instead I had to spend the day in an uncomfortable internet cafe

5) Upon check-out when I asked to speak to a Manager to address all of the above, I was told to provide feedback by e-mail or via this survey. When I made it clear I would be complaining, the formerly apologetic lady at the counter all of a sudden became quite surly. I can't be sure but I think her name was Ping. I would have stayed and insisted to speak to a manager but I needed to catch my flight.

Because of the above I don't think I'll be returning, despite the otherwise excellent qualities of the hotel. It turned what should have been a relaxing couple of days into something a bit unpleasant. Most people seem to have had a good experience so maybe I was just unlucky, but there are lots of other options in Bangkok these days so I don't need to risk getting burned again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AugustWolf
Singapore
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Stayed at Four Points By Sheraton at Sukhumvit 15 from 22-25 Apr 2011.... Hotel is well located within 5mins walking distance to Asoke Station BTS in Bangkok. Impressed with the modern decor and friendly staff. Hotel is relatively new and very clean, beds are super comfortable for a good night sleep..... Buffet breakfast has good variety and hotel is good value for money! I will definately be back again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
dubai
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Very nice new hotel. Feels more like an aloft hotel than a four points. Great location just off the main strip. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed.

Only downside were the high charges for the in-room internet.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I will absolutely reccommend this hotel to anyone! the service is absolutely amazing from the second you step into the hotel! The room was amazing, very clean and very modern. Very big and spacious too. The beds and bed sheets were so comfortable! Our stay there was just great! They helped us load our luggage into the taxi when we were about to leave the hotel to go to the airport. As we were about to go help them, they told us to sit down and not worry whilst they took care of everything! We felt like queens and kings!
The only thing i would say needs improving would be having more computers available for us, there was only 2 which wasnt enough. But other than that, everything was amazing!

• Stayed January 2011