“Only but Critical Negative Issue”

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #93 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Yokohama, Japan
“Only but Critical Negative Issue”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights from 22 to 27 February 2012. It was my 2nd stay here, two months in a row as I had enjoyed 7 nights stay in January 2012.

This time, I had one bad experience and will doubt if I go back here again. I arrived at 6:45am in the morning after overnight flight from Tokyo. The female staff at the reception asked me if I go out and come back around 15:00, or they will charge me half of full daily rate if I want to check in now. Their "official" check in time is 15:00. I appreciate the lady stick to their "operation manual" but I know it does not go that way in the real life.

It was my 39th holiday visit in Bangkok and I had stayed various 3 -5 star hotels. It is not the first time to arrive early morning at a hotel I (or we) had reserved, but this is the ONLY hotel which charged early ckeck in fees. Other 4 or 5 star hotels (including other SPG hotels) never charged me(or us) even we turned up early morning where there were rooms available immediately.

I understand that official check in time does exist, but I also enjoy "Thai hospitality" at 4 or 5 star hotels.

It was a shame that the lady at the reception kept threatening me "pay or go out and come back later". First of all, she said there were no room which is for immediate use, but when I said "if I pay, will you have a room?", she said "yes"

Generally hotel staff is friendly and helpful, espscially staff at "eatery" restaurant is great. Good location and clean room. But having bad experience at the reception upon arrival, I felt really bad throughout my stay. I kept recommending this hotel to my friends who seek my Bangkok expert advice,but I had to draw thir attention with his unpleasant experience. There are other good hotels which does not charge half day rate. I submit my comment on their comment card upon my check out and hopes they soften ther operation , depends on circumstances.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BKK-LDN
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Hi BKK-LDN,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Points for a second visit, we are very sorry to hear that this stay was not up to expectations and that you had a less than perfect arrival experience. We do sincerely thank you for passing on your feedback and please rest assured we have raised your concerns with front office department and we will do our best to ensure this does not re-occur, however, early check-in is often very challenging when the hotel is running very high occupancy.

I would like to thank you however, for your previous recommendations to friends and your notes that the location and restaurants are good, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and re-assure you that we have taken on board your comments and feedback.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Nice hotel and good value in Bangkok. The hotel has a rooftop swimming pool. WiFi is only available in the lobby area - inconvenient to not have available in the room. The location is conveniently located to the train stations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi ScarySharma,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay at Four Points and for writing a review on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate this. With the wifi, it is available in room, just at a charge, however, wifi in lobby and in ouor bars and restaurants is free for our guests. Thank you again.

Travel safe

Pembroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have been fortunate over for the last ten years to stay many times in some of Bangkok's finest hotels. I was recently recommended to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton on Sukhumvit Soi 15. Upon entering the hotel I felt a clean breath of fresh air.
Every member of staff from the Lobby Assistant through the check-in staff and indeed everyone in every position made me feel immediately at home. Including, I might add a personal greeting from the General Manager, Khun Janet McNab who just happened to be in the lobby when I arrived. My room was first class as was the whole experience of my stay. It is a long time since I remember such personal service through out my stay. I look forward to my next visit to Four Points and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel either for business or leisure purposes. You must go to Ambar located on the roof and enjoy one of Khun Boom's cocktails. Also, a must is to visit Khun Bo in the Beer Vault Bar at the lobby.

4 Thank Stephen G
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Hi Srgrif,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor for Four Points, we very much appreciate this. It is always so wonderful to recedive such positive comments and I will be sure to pass on your review to all departments so the team keep up the great work.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your recommendations, we hope to see you back again very soon.

Safe Travels,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The hotel rooms are excellent and very spacious. Location is great! The staff is courteous and very helpfull. Overall it was a wonderful experience for my family and I. Would stay again at this hotel during our next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pradeep K
Hi Pradeep K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Points Bangkok on your recent visit to the City of Angels, and we sincerely thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Travel safe,

Tokyo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel charges as if it is a Sheraton..not a Four Points. It is new, cattering to the MICE market and full of company meetings. The rooms are small and you feel a bit cramped. Nothing wrong, it is all there, just squeezed in a bit.

For the same money ( or less) you can get very good 5 star rooms in Bangkok. I have stayed at many over the last 10 years. I have a favourite, but was booked in here by my company for a meeting. I won't go back . I can get a Junior suite at another hotel for less...including Ineternet. Four Points wanst 450 Bht per day ( $15) . This is way out of line with the market in BKK.

They seem to want to charge for anything that moves. Had a dinner on the roof top . Steak was very tough and they must have flown it in Business class to get that price.

The other issue is location. Good for walking round the tourist area of Sukumvit...bad for getting to and from the airport. The hotel is in a one way street. It took me 40 minutes to get out of the street in a taxi to get to the airport... right in the center of all the traffc jams.

Room Tip: None have a view , so no issue.
2 Thank pa3576
Hi pa3576,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Points Bangkok and also for posting a review on the hotel via Trip Advisor.

we are sorry to hear you felt the hotel was not good value for money and that your experience in the Steakhouse was not up to expectations.

We have taken on board your commments and passed them on to the appropriate departments for follow-up where appropriate.

Once again we do thank you for staying with us and we wish you safe travels for the future.

Cheers,

PAIGNTON
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great location relative to sky train, underground and river express transport. Plenty to enjoy within walking distance ie good shopping centre and local restaurants. Hotel excellent:
modern spacious rooms, roof bar, restarant and pool great. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially in the nicely appointed downstairs bar. Can't wait to return to Bangkok.....

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Hi Hils D,

Thank you for posting a review for Four Points on Trip Advisor we really appreciate your recommendations on the hotel and its central location in Bangkok. We are very to hear you will coming back to Bangkok again and we hope to see you back at Four Points soon.

Travel Safe,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Booked the room under "Four for free" package that comes with free water, internet, breakfast for 2 and evening tapas at BHT3499++ per night. The water in the room was free anyway so no big deal. Didn't try the evening tapas. Internet was unstable and had to re-login several times. Was on second floor so could access the hotel's Wifi as well. Breakfast was generous with a wide spread. Room was large, new and clean. Beds were super comfortable. Hotel service staff were very friendly. Hotel is located near the Asok BTS and Sukumvit MRT so it is all very convenient. Recommended.

1 Thank Friendship88
Hi Friendship88,

Thank you for taking the time to review Four Points Bangkok on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate your feedback and recommendations.

We are currently looking in to the issues you experienced with regard to the internet in your room being unstable with our IT department to ensure this issue is resolved.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and it is great to hear that you found the hotel staff friendly and the beds and rooms comfortable, this is something we pride ourselves on so it always nice to hear when we can deliver our brand promises to our guests.

Travel Safe,