I stayed here for 5 nights from 22 to 27 February 2012. It was my 2nd stay here, two months in a row as I had enjoyed 7 nights stay in January 2012.
This time, I had one bad experience and will doubt if I go back here again. I arrived at 6:45am in the morning after overnight flight from Tokyo. The female staff at the reception asked me if I go out and come back around 15:00, or they will charge me half of full daily rate if I want to check in now. Their "official" check in time is 15:00. I appreciate the lady stick to their "operation manual" but I know it does not go that way in the real life.
It was my 39th holiday visit in Bangkok and I had stayed various 3 -5 star hotels. It is not the first time to arrive early morning at a hotel I (or we) had reserved, but this is the ONLY hotel which charged early ckeck in fees. Other 4 or 5 star hotels (including other SPG hotels) never charged me(or us) even we turned up early morning where there were rooms available immediately.
I understand that official check in time does exist, but I also enjoy "Thai hospitality" at 4 or 5 star hotels.
It was a shame that the lady at the reception kept threatening me "pay or go out and come back later". First of all, she said there were no room which is for immediate use, but when I said "if I pay, will you have a room?", she said "yes"
Generally hotel staff is friendly and helpful, espscially staff at "eatery" restaurant is great. Good location and clean room. But having bad experience at the reception upon arrival, I felt really bad throughout my stay. I kept recommending this hotel to my friends who seek my Bangkok expert advice,but I had to draw thir attention with his unpleasant experience. There are other good hotels which does not charge half day rate. I submit my comment on their comment card upon my check out and hopes they soften ther operation , depends on circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to the BTS Asok Skytrain and Sukhumvit Metro Station within 5 min walking distance, the Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok provides comfy and affordable rooms and suites, enhanced with various restaurants and bars, swimming pool, gym and complimentary set of four star plus amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 Hotel Bangkok
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15