“Great Value”

Ranked #92 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Portland, Maine
“Great Value”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The FourPoints in Bangkok is a wonderful hotel. I have stayed there 50+ nights in the last 2 years. The rooms are brand new with modern styling and are a good size. Very comfortable and inviting. The staff is excellent. Very friendly and efficient. Good location as you can walk down Sukhumvit and either catch the subway, air train or a taxi and get anywhere you need to go. The breakfast buffet is excellent also. Nice rooftop pool and workout room. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I prefer the garden wing as it is more insulated from the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Hi Tim W,

Thank you so very much for being such a wonderful and loyal guest to Four Points, we are so happy to hear great stories like this with guests who keep coming back. Also, we thank you for taking the time to post your review and recommendation on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon on what clarly is your second home.

Travel safe,

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Austin, TX
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I've been through Bankok on business several times and usually stay in the Sukhumvit area. My suppliers previouly had set me up at the Westin, just two streets (soi's) down from this Sheraton. This trip, they told me they were using a new place, so I gave it a try.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this Four Points on Soi 15. The place is almost brand new and in great condition. Needless to say, everything is up to date and in good condition. Check-In was a breeze and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was beautiful and very comfortable. The design is very modern and the layout very convenient for working and relaxing. Wi-Fi was a bit slow, but they have wired internet as well, and that worked well -- a cable is provided, so just plug-in and go.

I had breakfast in the hotel restaurants both mornings and they have an outstanding buffet which I really enjoyed. I did not try any other meals there as I know the area fairly well and ventured out to some of my old favorites.

Compared to the Westin, this Four Points is just a little less luxurious, but significantly less expensive and just as comfortable. The staff is a little less stuffy, too! This will be my new "home" next time I'm in Bangkok for business.

A few tips to help you out with this location:

1. The hotel is located off of Sukhumvit, down Soi 15 just a little way. Your driver may not be familiar with it since it is relatively new, so be sure to tell them to head down Soi 15. You cannot see this place from Sukhumvit.
2. If you are staying for a few days and need to do laundry, I like to take mine to a local shop outside the hotel. They generally charge about 50-100 baht for 1 Kg of clothes (about $2-$3 for roughly 2.2 pounds of dirty laundry). I can generally get all my laundry done for less than the hotel charges to wash one pair of underwear! Ask at the desk or just look around while you are out walking. There are a lot of shops in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Barton21
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Hi Barton21,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on Trip Advisor we greatly appreciate your recommendations and feedback. You are correct Four Points is a new hotel, we are only just over 1 year old and we follow all the great Starwood standards, however, the style and feel of the hotel is really very different to that of our sister hotels such as Westin and Sheraton Grande. Four Points as part of their brand promises guests a great nights sleep all at geart value. It is really wonderful to hear that we will now become your new "Home Away from Home" when you travel to Bangkok, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again and travel safe.

See you soon,

Paris, France
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

What can i say ? the service is better than some Sheraton ! We stay in one of the deluxe room which was nice except that the sink was strangely built and too small compare to the water pourer but that is just a small detail. The room was At decent size, the bed was comfy (king size sweetsleeper bed). The breakfast has lots os choice and the pool on the open roof was awsome.
The situation of the hotel makes it easy access to downtown by skytrain (with complementary tuktuk service) and connection with airport link.

I may come back again :)

• Stayed March 2012
Hi ACVK,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your review of Four Points on Trip Advisor, we very much appreciate you taking the time. We appreciate your feedbcak regarding the design of the sinks and the tap, I will pass the recommendation on to our Engineering department for follow-up. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed your sleep in our "Four Points Four Comfort" bed...very similar to the sweet sleeper by Sheraton, a great nights sleep is something that the Four Points brand promises it's guests.

Once again, thank you for your review and also for choosing Four Points, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cheers,

Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I can't say enough good about this place. Excellent rooms, exceptional staff, wonderful entertainment and ammenities. Quite honestly, I could never leave the hotel and still have a wonderful vacation. But since I wanted to see the city, being right next to the train was a perk. I found all the shops I needed right across the street. The staff had good suggestions and were there to accomidate my every need.
The in house restaurant, The Eatery, had the best breakfast buffet I have seen in my life. I tasted everything they put out and every morsal was delicious. Their selection for other meals was tasty and varied. The staff at The Eatery was knowledgable and helpful. In particular, Mai was a real treasure. She went above and beyond and made me feel at home, even remembering my drink preferences.
I enjoyed the roof top pool and bar, the free wifi in the lobby and the central location. I could not have asked for one thing more.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank toniakay
Hi Toniakay,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Points, we are delighted to see your review with such great feedback, it is wonderful to hear that you felt at home here, this is certainly one of the brand promises we strive to deliver at Four Points. Thank you for your wonderful recommendations for our hotel, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to post the review.

We look forward to welcoming back, I will be sure to pass all your comments on to our staff.

Best regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here 2x last year during the Christmas and New Years holiday 2011 going into early 2012. The hotel itself is nice and modern and situated in a prime location within walking distance of the sky train,clubs, shopping and nightlife. What stood out was the hospitality of the entire staff including the front desk and director Marco. I highly suggest this hotel for anybody visiting Bangkok and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Hi Bernard N,

Thank you for taking the time to review Four Points Bangkok. We are very happy to hear that your stays with us were so great nad that our staff "Stood Out", this is such high praise and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

Thank you again for your review and for selecting Four Points Bangkok, we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Travel Safe,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

tried fourpoints again and was pleaseantly supplied how the the standard off the hotel has improved since it first opened.

the staff are wonderful and the equal of any of the five star hotels.

the food and beverage outlets - in quality, price and variety has improved dramatically since opening.

I would not hesitate to stay here in preference to most other five star properties in the area, especially as the rate is usually half of the other properties.

congratulations to the management. keep up the great work.

the only downside (its a small mattr) I would like them to upgarde the towels......it's time..they are small and have that overused scratchy feeling.........please.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Hi DgVictor,

Thank you so very much for once again choosing to stay at Four Points we are delighted to hear that your experiences with us just keep getting better. We will certianly address your recommendation regarding the "towels".

Also a big Thank you for posting a review via Trip Advisor, we are very greatful.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Travel Safe,

San Diego
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights on the front end of our trip to Thailand and an additional two more nights on the back end of our trip. We stayed in four different hotels during our trip and this was one of the nicest of the four.

Pros:
-location (short walk to skytrain, Terminal 21 mall, Robinson's dept store)
-excellent, friendly service
-nice bar with free happy hour snacks (pasta, rice, salad)
-clean pool, excellent loungers with newspapers, clean towels and rooftop bar and food
-comfy beds, very clean rooms
-free luggage hold (they held bags for us for two weeks at no charge)
-door man always available to get us a taxi and did so promptly
-room service was prompt & accurate (on menu they guarantee delivery with 30 minutes and did so)
-lobby computers, they had macs as well as pcs and the pc we used worked very well

Cons:
-shower (leaked a bit of water out and the shower door pushes floor mat away - minor issue)
-breakfast buffet is overpriced ($20 a person?)
-food was hit and miss (pizza and eggs were excellent, fish and chips were way too greasy; mostly breading)
-reception staff was not that familiar with surroundings
-pool area was dead during the week (some may see this as a pro instead)

Clearly the pros outweighed the minor cons and we highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again on our next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Corkette
jlwatton, Director of Sales and Marketing at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Hi Corkette,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at Four Points. We are delighted to hear that overall you foudn our hotel to be one of the best in Thailand, this is a fantastic recommendation and we truly appreciate this. Thank you for sharing such great detailed feedback, we will take onboard the "Cons" mentioned and raise your concerns with the relevent departments to see if we can make this list shorter for your next visit. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Have fun and safe travels,