Its taken me a while, but I have slowly weaned my Asian wife off the A-Loft property back on Soi 11 and onto the Four Points alternative just up the road in Soi 15. For me, both have great appeal and charms but I'm a wrinkly and like getting wrinklier so the bath in the Four Points is the winning option for me. I hate to devote a review to the bathroom of a hotel especially when this one has some novel ideas (see below) but they have also updated the bathrooms with the 'water gun' (you have to appreciate Asia to really know what I mean about that) and after some years here now I see the need and indeed miss this 'necessity' in the more luxurious but older properties that are common to Bangkok.
Ablutions aside, it is a quality hotel and I was really impressed by their suggestion of a 'true' green initiative (not the patronising nonsense about 'don't wash the towels and you will save a penguin from extinction' but really just save the hotel money) for people staying more than one night. Its a real mark of a thoughtful approach. I think they are trying very hard in this property and while there are a few quirks - the free drink you get offered up on the quite trendy bar is in fact a tad of a con, though the post-it note invitation is amusing - overall its pretty good. I do resent having to pay for wifi though - available in the common areas for free but these are a tad spartan but they make up for this with very 'collectable' pens :-).
I think someone built the lift shafts the wrong way round - don't laugh, its been done before - which is a bit confusing but generally its well laid out, very good value for money and by and large as good as any of the hotels in Bangkok. Here on TA, I suggest the high rating and score its getting is appropriate and aside from a slight concern over the light security in reception, thoroughly recommended and good addition to the SPG chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to the BTS Asok Skytrain and Sukhumvit Metro Station within 5 min walking distance, the Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok provides comfy and affordable rooms and suites, enhanced with various restaurants and bars, swimming pool, gym and complimentary set of four star plus amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15 Hotel Bangkok