“Super Location, Great Hotel”

Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
Ranked #93 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Super Location, Great Hotel”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been to Bangkok several times before and have always found hospitality standards pretty high. This was my first stay at a Starwood location anywhere in SE Asia, and I must say I was pretty impressed by the efficient service, clean decor and super location. One hop across the main road and you are in the midst of food joints that serve anything from local thai to fancy italian. That apart, you have the MRT stations nearby. My culinary exploits were however limited to the breakfast which was very a decent spread.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor, to get away from the street noise
1 Thank sid2508

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Personeable and knowledgeable of western neefs from the front staff, great breakfast with all your favorites, everything works well in this hotel...good location (near to the protest) and great quality!

• Stayed February 2014
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hi mitchell_cutler,

Thanks so much for choosing to stay at Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15! We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and we were able to provide you an excellent service.

I have passed your kind comments to the rest of the team, especially our Front Office team. We look forward to welcoming you back again when you visit Bangkok next time.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'm a huge starwood fan and always search for starwood properties first in whatever destination i visit. I mostly like Westin in the US and Sheraton abroad but in this case I decided to try the Four Points for the first time and I must say that I was delightfully surprised.

The Location: Sukhumvit 15 nearby the Westin and accross the street from Sheraton. Its located between the Asoke and Nana BTS station so its very convenient to catch the train, also Terminal 21 is just a block away for some shopping. The location is excellent.

Service: I have yet to be disappointed by the level of service anywhere in Thailand, its the one reason that I keep coming back, the Thai people are truly special and wonderful. The service at this property was courteous, polite, and genuine.

Rooms: I was not upgraded to a suite ( as an SPG platinum ) but since i was traveling alone I didnt really care as i didnt need much space anyway. The deluxe room was spacious enough, very clean and modern and had a comfortable bed that felt as good as the Westin Heavenly beds.

Gym: decent size, well stocked with towels, water, and enough weights and machines to get a work out in during vacation or a business stay.

Pool: the roof top pool is nice although the view is uninspiring as you are in down town Bangkok all you see is other taller buildings that surround you. In any case, its a nice spot to catch some sun and enjoy a drink and sandwich at.

Overall: this is a great property and better than any other Four Points I have seen in the US, this property is more like a full service hotel comparable to many Westins and Sheratons in the US. The only thing that they could improve on is their SPG participation and recognition of Platinums, they don't even offer free breakfast to plats so while i really loved this property I may have to pick a different property in April when im back in BKK...however if i didnt have status with SPG I would stay at this property everytime.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dgirma1980
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hi dgirma1980,

First of all, thank you so much for such detailed wonderful review. We truly appreciate your valuable time and effort to list out our good points including our excellent service, convenient location, spacious room, comfortable bed and our nice infinity pool.

Thanks again for your feedback regarding the SPG Platinum recognition. As Four Points is a Select Serve Brand, we were required to align with our brand standard, and as such, breakfast will still be a benefit for our Platinum members but reflected as one of the 3 choices in the Platinum Welcome.

We do look forward to welcoming you again as our valued guest in the future. We will ensure to keep up our great job to ensure a great comfortable for your next visit.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 March 2014

During three recent stays at this Four Points in Bangkok, I found the front desk staff to be standoffish and not very accommodating. Visit #1 was ok. While checking in on Visit #2 my spouse arrived before me and had nothing but problems with the front desk staff. I am a Starwood Platinum member and even arranged with the reservation agent at the hotel to provide every courtesy to my spouse upon arrival. What happened was unexpected and unforgivable. I had explained that I would be arriving very late after my spouse and I asked that every courtesy be extended. He experience nothing but trouble, and was even provided with a substandard room when checking in. He reached me by phone from the front desk and when I spoke with the front desk clerk I was told there was nothing she could do to accommodate my spouse. Shocking, indeed. Ultimately I missed my flight connection and never made it to Bangkok before my spouse checked out .

On visit #3 I inquired about the problem that occurred on the last visit and all I got was a blank stare from the front desk staff. We proceeded to check in and spend the night, mainly because I was tired and not ready to try to find another hotel.

This will be the last time I book accommodations at the Four Points by Sheraton in Bangkok.

2 Thank dickgreene51
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hi dickgreene51,

Thank you so much for choosing Four Points and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor, we do appreciate all the feedback we receive and very sorry to hear of all your troubles.

We have taken note of your comments above and have also passed this forward to our department heads to ensure that our staff are well trained and improve our internal communication in order to ensure that these challenges do not continue.

Thank you so very much again and we do hope to have an opportunity to be able to deliver a true Four Points Bangkok experience and restore your faith in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Ive stayed here now three times, its a hotel I would class as a good solid work horse. its not an over the top five star, it is a really comfortable, good quality hotel in a great location that delivers on it's offer.

Location wise, very close to everything - come out of the hotel and you are in the midst of the action, Terminal 21 about 5 minute walk away and of course all of the street action very close by.

Tried "Kiwis" restaurant on Soi 8 this time - (opposite soi 11 so three streets down) - great service and great menu if you are hanging out for a bit of western delight. (after two weeks on the road in Asia, a bit of shepherds pie was very welcome).

Staff all friendly and very very helpful - I like the hotel and enjoy my times there. Great pool area and bar area upstairs.

Room Tip: Junior suite is not that much more price wise - its worth it for the extra space!
Hi matt s,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this great review on our hotel. We appreciate your kind effort. We are very delighted to hear that you returned to stay with us again for the third time and you found your stays with us comfortable as we would like our guests to feel.

It’s also great to read that you were able to walk around the area to try a restaurant and shopping mall nearby and also enjoyed our infinity pool, plus your relaxing time at amBar rooftop.

Portugal
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel location is quite great as it is not too far from the main sukhumvit road and quite close to the sky train.

Check in process is not up to par. Not very friendly service. No explanation of where is the pool, where is breakfast etc. The room is quite small but has great functions.

Service need to be improved.

Room Tip: Avoid check in at night time....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan G
ChutarmasS, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi Dan G,

Thank you so much for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok. We are happy to hear that you found our location to be convenient. We are sorry to hear of the challenges you faced during your stay. I have passed your feedback regarding check-in process to our Front Office Manager to further arrange an appropriate training.

We look forward to your return and thank you once again for taking your time to post a review for us on TripAdvisor.

canada
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We arrived on Feb.14 and stayed two nights while visiting Thailand. I am an SPG plat member and was granted a suite upgrade which was nice!
The hotel is very modern and is situated in a great location with easy access to numerous things and transit.
We enjoyed breakfast both mornings which was very good and had most everything needed for breakfast. We also enjoyed the Beer Vault both evening for drinks - the service was good and it was nice to sit outside. We just found that it closed very early - for example we came back on Saturday night thinking that we would spend some time back at the hotel bar and found that we could just get one more drink as it was closing at midnight or something like that? The upstairs bar was closed completely the entire time we were there??
The room was clean and the bed was great. The power did go out a a couple of times on the Sunday morning / early afternoon.
We were taking a shuttle from the Westin and these properties are literally a hop, skip and a jump from each other.
Definitely nothing wrong with this place but might try another SPG property if had the opportunity again just for a change.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hi okop,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to post such a detailed review for us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you and your friends had a great weekend stay with us. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your time at BeerVault and we appreciate your feedback on the closing time. I have passed this onto our management team for consideration.

We are pleased to also hear that you found your room to be comfortable and our breakfast to be great. We wish to welcome you and your friends back here again in the future. As a Platinum member, thanks again for your continued support of Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Until we see you again, we wish you safe travels!