“Just bad precooked cold food.”

Wine Connection Deli & Bistro - K Village Sukhumvit 26
Ranked #819 of 11,633 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I went to this huge chain, their menu indicates some understanding of food. Any expectation was hugely disappointed.
The Greek salad almost 200 THB came, consisted of cucumbers and a few tomato slices. It had further 2 Calamati pitted olives and feta cheese which were already start showing hard crusts, indicating it been oxidized and keep out of its brine for hours. Price compared with ingredients make it a profit dish, not something done for the dinner to enjoy.
The second dish were Leon Sausages, there were served two on the plate, the garnishing were salad and potatoes boats, with some ready made red sauce.
It were all precooked, the potato boats were questionable, same with the sausages, for me I concluded they were properly cooked within 24 hours.
This restaurant policy must be not to serve fresh cooked food, so my conclusion is absolutely terrible, no go restaurant.

To add a little more the staff is absent minded only one or two is willing to serve, from my observation and the way, service were busy with their mobiles, I assume the manager was absent.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Food is OK and it's one of the few places to get decent lamb in Bangkok. One thing I am totally against is an extra 10% service charge AND 7% tax on top of the prices you see on the menu.

Wine is expensive enough in Thailand with out greedy restaurant chains ADDING another 10%.

But, if you can swallow the near 20% which will be added to your bill then I think you will enjoy the food.

1  Thank GarySibley
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is nothing close to authentic italian cuisine. The Caesar salad dressing was too thick, and the type of vegetables used in the salad was the cheap kind - no romaine lettuce or any of the good quality vegetables. The salmon ravioli was too cloy and the sauce was too sweet. I didn't try the pizza, but it looked pretty good though. The only thing pushing me to give it 3 stars is the price - much cheaper than any other Italian place. I know the place is called 'wine connection', but my friends and I don't drink wine, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I felt like some faran food so I decided to go too this very nice looking italian restaurant, can't fault the look of the place. When we were there the first thing which happened was my wine, I understand many Thai people have slightly chilled red wine, however this was ice cold in a chilled glass and completely ruined it, my food then came out which was quite cold, however took another five minutes before my partner's came out, by then my food was completely cold and rock hard. We were about to start eating and then my partner notices a hair in her food, instantly I defend the restaurant and say it could have well been hers, but as she had not touched it and this long hair was completely intwined into her spaghetti we both know it wasn't, she's very polite and did not want to cause a fuss by sending it back. Not a good place to eat and I would not go there again, I have heard about wine connection being very good so I concluded that this does not represent the brand but just a specific poorly run restaurant.

2  Thank OliverC0
Reviewed 9 June 2014

They sell a wine called 'Jump Yards' as a dry Australian Chardonnay and it does not even get close! It tasted like pineapple juice, and it probably was as they later told me it was not real wine, but mixed with fruit juice.......
I call that fraud !! Never again to a place were they cheat.