“Would not go there again”

Aquatini Riverside Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1,090 of 11,280 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: AQUATINI RIVERSIDE RESTAURANT & BAR located in the Navalai River Resort offers your favorite selections of delicious Thai-European cuisine along with various choices of cocktails. We believe that the Chao Phraya River and the choice of your favorite food & drinks are the best combination for your romantic moments with us in the best restaurant in Bangkok. Truly enjoy the moment taking in the sky and enjoying the cool river breeze. With all these beautiful surroundings, Aquatini is a place you can never forget. At Aquatini Bar & Riverside Restaurant you can enjoy your favorite selections of delicious cuisine, your choice of cocktails, light refreshments amidst soft Bossa-nova music that you can experience in an even more entertaining setting when you sit in the open-air river terrace. Truly enjoy the moment taking in the sky and enjoying the cool river breeze.
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The food was presented nicely and tasted good, but for the price and the unfriendliness of the staff, I would not eat here again. While I understand that working in a tourist inundated area can turn people into robots (especially when dealing with annoying tourists), being in the service industry, one has to still maintain a welcoming attitude. We did not feel welcome at all. It took a very long time for someone to take our order, even though there were only 5 tables with customers. I am also annoyed at the fact that they tack on a "service fee", when Thailand is not a tipping country in restaurants. The only reason they do that is to get more money from tourists.

1  Thank CsgCooke

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Do you want to grab a quick bite or drink before jumping on the Chao Phraya express boat? I stopped at Aquatini on my way back from Phra Athit Road in the afternoon. I would say the other reviewers were pretty accurate in that the service is a bit casual and no one seemed all that happy I was there. It also took a long time for the wait staff to bring my change after paying the check, hence I missed my opportunity to grab a boat that was just about to leave the pier.

I had a baked penne and eggplant dish, which was not spectacular but was good enough since I was hungry and tired from walking around most of the afternoon. The prices are a bit steep for the amount and quality of food but I guess it's worth a bit extra to sit right at the river. The atmosphere is pleasant with a nice view of the river and passing boats.

There are lots of other options around Phra Athit though Aquatini has the advantage of being able to offer a better view than most others.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My mother always told me that if I didn't have anything good to say, I should keep quiet. So, what can I say good about Aquafini? Well, the location, on the river, is wonderful. But, not much else positive to say about this place. The prices are very high relative to others in the area. The food is nothing special at all. And the service can be a bit less than you'd expect from what tries to present itself as a kind of "up-scale" place. Give it a pass, unless you're really desperate for a place with a river view.

1  Thank Raintree_Thailand
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I just stayed at Navalai Resort for 3 nights and had one dinner at Aquatini. The location right on the Chao Praya River is great, and you can choose from a large menu which includes thai and international food. I had a Tom Yam Goong, and altough a bit more expensive than in other places, definitely worth it.

1  Thank nathalieyes
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Definitely this place was a delusion. The location is attractive, and also the style of the restaurant. The food however is not like the premise. Same dishes tasted in another restaurant were much better.