“Two words. Bed bugs”
Review of Orchid House

Orchid House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Orchid House
Ranked #465 of 628 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Two words. Bed bugs”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed here in the past with no issues. Until this time. The room was infested with bed bugs. I burned the ones I saw on my bed with my lighter and took them down stairs to show the reception and get my 580 baht back. They refused. I grabbed my things and left. I will never stay here again and suggest the same to anyone who considers it.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Adele M

Families
Business
  • Polish first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Orchid House Hotel is a somewhat ramshackle guesthouse located on Rambuttri Road, which runs parallel to the famous (or is it infamous?) Kao San Road in Bangkok’s backpacker/ ne'er-do-well district.
I’ve stayed there off and on for 3 years; currently off. Orchid House has 2 big pluses: 1. its location is ideal to view the outrageousness of the denizens of Kao San and 2. it has half-way decent WiFi. On the minus side: 1. the rooms are funky and cramped and 2. there are two rooms on the 3rd floor facing the street that are periodically infested with bed-bugs. The infestation is not consistent, though when there is; it makes those 2 rooms uninhabitable. The owners need to do more than spray the rooms with insect repellant; they need professional fumigation, so the bed-bug problem is permanently alleviated.
Right now I stay away until I hear reports that the bug issue is resolved.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DiceyEye

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I travel quite a bit and this place was by far the worst I have ever been to for a night stay. The bed sheets and pillow cases were dirty and had holes in them. I ignored this until I woke up in the middle of the night with over 50 bed bugs crawling on and around me! Immediately packed my things to go find another place to stay at 5am. Staff were not understanding whatsoever and did not give me a refund. I am now currently nursing hundreds of bed bug bites back at home thanks to Orchid House. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more money on a room with quality and comfort.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Johnathan T
Köln, Germany
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel is by far the best one we've visited in Thailand. The room is small, but decent clean. What we love about this place the most is the superb friendly service from the staffs!! Despite the comments about the bedbugs in this hostel, i really must admit that not only hostels can be a home for these small creatures but also for many big hotels as well. Who knows if it's really the fault of the hostel, not the guests themselves who unintentionally brought the bedbugs with them. Luckily i must admit that my husband and i did not encounter any of bedbugs here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Room covered in bedbugs and cockroaches, woke up in the middle of the night being bitten, had to change hotel at 2am. No offer of a refund or good will money from staff. Stay somewhere else!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Badjam
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Worst hotel we've been to in 9 months travelling through Latin America and Asia. Pictures on internet don't reflect at all the hotel. Holes in the wall, smells of smoke in the rooms, stains in the sheets, suspision of bed bugs. Disgusting. We originally booked for 2 nights, but checked out after the 1st night, it was that bad. Avoid !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laure1111
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Avoid it... Bed bugs. Enough said. Don't need 50 characters to spell bed bugs.

• Stayed December 2011