Rainbow Khaosan Hostel and Guesthouse
Ranked #912 of 1,419 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were put in a room facing the road. Even though this guest house isn't right on Khaosan, it is so close that we could hear everything. There was no aircon in our room and the fan wasn't strong enough to make any difference. The bed was rock hard, the walls and floors were dirty, they obviously hadn't been wiped in a really long time. When we showed up in our room the garbage was overflowing with trash and there were two jackets hanging up and dirty sheets. The room obviously hadn't been cleaned. My roommate had to leave at 3 in the morning for the airport, I got up and asked to be moved rooms. They didn't have anything available. Luckily a guy was leaving at just the same time. I asked if he was heading to the airport, he said no, he was getting the heck out of this place. It was horrible, dirty and the mattress felt like cement. So I took his key, grabbed the sheets from my bed and finally at least had some cool air and quiet. The reception treated me pretty badly after that. The night reception gentleman wasn't very friendly at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road with AC.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Good wifi: check. Good location: check. Helpful staff: check. The rooms are nothing to marvel at and quite small but the air conditioning works great. The beds are VERY hard, which I actually prefer but just a heads up. Last thing, the restaurant has some of the best Indian food I've ever had. No joke. If you do anything, at least eat here! I recommend the Chicken Korma

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kyle V
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hostel is really well located and cheap. The staff were really friendly, the aircon was awesome and the wifi was fast. I would recommend it however the bed was super hard and the room we were in didn't have a window so I would just check these things before booking in again as other beds may have been better.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is not that good but its really cheap and well located .. aircon works well but rooms are small not that clean and some time noisy.. the restaurant is amazing great indian food loved it . Even if staying at some other place had lunch n dinner in this restaurant

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 03335167107
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Rainbow was the first place I saw when I got out of the taxi at Khaosan Road. I tried a couple of places, and decided to come back to rainbow. It is a great location for the Khaosan road, yet far enough off it, for a comfortable night sleep. They served excellent Indian food, and my single road did the job for the 2 nights I was in Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Matt_doherty8
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The place is ok, in front of Kaosan road, rooms can be hot for those without air con.
But me and my friend have been robbed in a private room locked, Our money was in bags and hide, but not enough for them. It can be only the staff who could come into the room.
After 4 mounth travelling through Soust east asia, it's the first time that happened to me...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were only staying here one night, but we got a good enough idea of what this place is. It is cheap, good location and wifi. Clean enough and air con worked. But reception is the restaurant. Its a pretty grim looking building. For us it did the job but I wouldn't stay here more than one night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple